Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EI and the Future of Horizons 2.1

If I please may make a suggestion, ask the playerbase whois left about the name.

I think that's the least you owe to them after the patience they had to put up with GN.

Could you please answer the question I put up earlier Nagafen?

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Sunuke,
    I'm not involved in the trouble-ticket system, so I don't have first hand information about how it works. You're suggestion sounds like a good one, though. I encourage you to pass it on to Amadan, who does work with trouble tickets.

As far as I know, the new shard is going to be called "Unitas", but surveying the playerbase is another very interesting suggestion. Thank you.

ive been asking this alot but no answer how will the billing system work because i myself do not own a credit card mines a switch card (debit card)

Nagafen: No offence taken man. I think you are being misinformed by someone. A quick call to PBT and ask for help with your Horizons billing information will get you a standard "We no longer handle the billing for this product. Please contact the vendor."

Please call them yourself if you need further clarification.

Edit: Also the fact that my CC statement no longer shows pbt but EII.. kinda hard for me to swallow that somehow both my CC company and PBT are mistaken.

Default Spartikus

Perhaps they say that, because it is not proper to divulge who their clients are.

Just as a followup on this, As of yesterday PBT IS acknowledging they are doing Horizons billing again. I dont know what that means regarding prior billings and billing issues nor do I care.

It appears the fog is begining to lift over some of the billing fiasco finally.

Just wanted to pass this along as it is in contradiction to what PBT has been saying for 8 weeks now. (last I checked with them was 2 weeks ago when rask said they were once again under contract with PBT.

well just me personally i have yet to be billed by EI. but i do know i should get a least 4 characters per account but yet i am stuck on 3... i hope they get everything in order and then improve the game.. on that i wish tehm GL.

Nagafen, please keep in mind that the plots are essential for many of the Unity players - myself included.
    It would be game-breaking if we cannot move WITH our plots to the new shard.
    I'm happy that finally the silence is broken and there is a solution for the dying Unity server. But please don't mess this transfer.
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

im frustrated about HZ but its sure for me that i quitt if i loose anything (plot/char/items...)

please make a complete transfer

Default Foreign language support.

Hello EI Interactive.

What are your plans for the provision of foreign language support for the influx of European customers you will receive when 'Unitas' goes live ?

When all the plans are made available regarding the new shard, please include information detailing which European languages you will support and any special telephone numbers set up especially to deal with non-English speaking customers.

Unity truly is a masterful creation of diversity with numerous common-language communities containing a number of members that do not speak English to any extent. I am hopeful that the main advantage our current European host provides will not be lost.

What are your plans also for those people who do not own a credit card either? thats what im trying to find out.

So far we hear that there are plans to add new quests, new events and more content. But all we hear is in the future. There are 3 new games in beta that will be coming out full release in near future. Is Horizons going to be able to get things back up and running better with new content before the end of the year. AC was not going well and everyone was excited about the new expansion they had coming out. But because they released it so late and new games like SWG and WoW came out before the expansion they lost some players. Then the expansion was set back and more left. I do not want to end up leaving because all my guild and friends have gone to other games while they wait for improvements.

Another Question:
    Will you have some GM from Europe for Unitas, because of the different timezone, so that he will be online when the majority of the old Unity players will be online?

(Ok, I won't be suprised, if you can't answer that... just wanted you/EI to think about it...)

Nagafen, is there any more word you can give us right now on the status of EI's efforts? Have they hired any programmers or developers capable of fixing the bugs in the game? How about character creation? Billing? The free trail? If there is a new trouble ticket system where might I find it? These are probably some of the most important issues facing the player base right now so I thought I would ask.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Saharas
    So far we hear that there are plans to add new quests, new events and more content. But all we hear is in the future. There are 3 new games in beta that will be coming out full release in near future. Is Horizons going to be able to get things back up and running better with new content before the end of the year. AC was not going well and everyone was excited about the new expansion they had coming out. But because they released it so late and new games like SWG and WoW came out before the expansion they lost some players. Then the expansion was set back and more left. I do not want to end up leaving because all my guild and friends have gone to other games while they wait for improvements.
    I think people are missing something here. This december 8th Horizons will be 3 years old. It has missed the boat to recapture primetime status. Its gone with the wind. So the best EII can hope is to attract and keep a small playerbase that pays the bills. This all takes time in a market place flush with competition. Horizons is now and will always be a small niche game with a small following. It also takes lots of money to fix all of Horizons problems in a timely manner. This is money I can safely say that EII does not have. So they work with what they do have. This means unfortunately that if you were expecting EII to be kicking out patches and fixes to the client for example in a quick time fashion it's not going to happen. I would realistically expect to start seeing content added within the next 3 to 6 months. With work on client issues not taking place for at least a year. Based on comments by Danu he is the one apparently back engineering " spagetti code " of Horizons ( he said that ). In the meantime before the new year starts I might as well start to see events being hammered out to keep the playerbase busy for awhile. That will probably be your immediate content for the short term.

Its just my opinion but I base it on that I am familar with the development procedure of such projects. Nagafen will be hard pressed to give you definite time lines because there is so much dependant on factors that he and EII cannot even fathom to take guesses at.

Gonna take time and patience.

Character creation has been dissabled, any estimate when this will be turned on?

This weekend I was trying to make some new characters and this wasn't possible.

There are sadly enough also issues with RoP which prevents us to finish it, any eta on that?

Plots aren't able to be build on or being planned since last maintenance and sadly enough with the long waiting time on outstanding tickets I have given up to send in any new ones and feel like writing it down here gets me further.

These are things we'd like to have fixed during the week instead having to wait a week for when next maintenance will be. Ofcourse I'm not aware if these are issues fixable by hotfixes and if there is even know how at EII to make hotfixes already.

I have paid my subscription for 6 months as in giving EII a fair chance to get things on track so around that time I'll reevalluate how things have improved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    Just as a followup on this, As of yesterday PBT IS acknowledging they are doing Horizons billing again. I dont know what that means regarding prior billings and billing issues nor do I care.

It appears the fog is begining to lift over some of the billing fiasco finally.

Just wanted to pass this along as it is in contradiction to what PBT has been saying for 8 weeks now. (last I checked with them was 2 weeks ago when rask said they were once again under contract with PBT.
    thanks for the recheck and clarification Spartikus - this makes me feel much better now. I don't have to spend the next few weeks in anxiety mode .

I can stay...*sighs happily* unless something blows up.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default Performance Issues

I have noticed improvements in the client performance over the last month or so. Is this just the result of less server bandwidth being used due to the deminishing population or have there been any tweaks going on that have not been documented?
    Hlano Nitro, Chaos

No patch, it isn't any code work..

any chance on getting some info on when i might be able to create a new character? i'd like to see whats changed and if its worth paying for a month.

Thread Information