Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devs: Dramentus & Cinderfist MIA

Exclamation Devs: Dramentus & Cinderfist MIA

The named citrine golem Dramentus & the named flame ogre Cinderfist are MIA on the Chaos shard. Can somebody take care of that please?

Where are you looking for Dramentus? Cause I know he doesnot spawn on Trand. I cant remember where else he spawns

I'm not looking for Dramentus, other people are. However, I AM looking for Cinderfist. Dramentus is found by the Healer Tower in Taz.

When looking for golems at the Healer Tower one must keep in mind that in addition to the spawns in the honeycomb valleys that surround the tower, there are 10+ spawn zones in the desert around the valley complex. Because the desert is rather featureless, the borders of these zones are not easy to figure without extended observation. It is best to do as I did, mark the center of each spawn zone onto your map and keep mental note of extent of each. You should not rush, as few of the zones are pretty large or oddly elongated, and you might run through the zone while the named is standing on its edge, and you miss it completely.

Cinderfist, should he be present, is bit easier to find. The flame ogres and pygmies -never- go offroad in Char, with only few exceptions. Those are the fortress-like areas, and in place where the northbound round makes a steep descent whila turning west. In that spot opens a Y-shaped valley which contains three spawn zones for the pygs and ogres, one touching the road and one in each fork. You should not rush here either, as several spawn zones are really tiny and you are well past them before they get populated.

Generally speaking, named mobs seem to have a lot higher spawn priority than normals so they populate a spawn zone much earlier - unless someone has already 'warmed up' the spot and all mobs pop up with short notice (this was never a problem for me on Unity where T1-T4 spawns seemed largely abandoned during my hunting hours). If you have mapped out the number, sizes and locations of spawn zones (as I've done) it is pretty quick job to hunt named mobs; you need to wait just a few seconds on each zone to see if a named populates it. Once it becomes routine it should take, for example, about an hour to scour Char clean of all the named mobs. Except Grumblegut the lava golem, its respawn was zero seconds while I played and I doubt EII has changed that. Once you figure their spawns you can kill 'ole Grumble once every few minutes or less.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Sorry but Luthen is right... we have a guildie trying to do the level VII (70th level) quests requiring Cinderfist.

I know generally right where he always spawns.... I tried 2 days (and the guildie has been trying 3 days) to find him... I killed every spawned flame ogre / pygmy in hopes a repopulation of these guys would yield him up...

but no luck... just lots of money, a little experience and comp parts... and a lot of dead mobs.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

If anyone does find cinderfist on Chaos, please send me a tell in game as I need him as well

Thanks
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default perhaps

Maint will take care of it tomorrow, I sure hope it does!

Frostbite The Snowbeetle isn't spawning lately : / Been trying to complete the Dragon's Gift III Quest for four-five days now. Anyone know what's going on there ?
    Lasivar -- Ancient Lunus Dragon -- 100 Dragon Adventure -- 32 Dragon Craft -- 12 Dragon Lairshaper -- proud guildie of "The Alliance" -- Chaos RETIRED

Yeah, by the way, I CAN'T SPELL

Heh, let's hope maintenance takes care of it.

I've heard that Frostbite is up, but I haven't seen him myself.

Well, looks like maintenance today will take care of it, unless maintenance tonight runs into maintenance tomorrow

Default How on Istaria do you locate such a thing?

"mark the center of each spawn zone onto your map...."

Varangaard:
    Istaria knows that I have never claimed to be good at adventuring, but in all my 11 100th season schools I have never learned how to spot the center of a spawn zone. There must be something that I am missing. How do you tell where one zone ends and another begins? And why does it matter?

I'm not asking that sarcastically, I really am interested in understanding how it works.

Sonea

It's quite easy (easier for me because I have an almost photographic memory)

You just note where a bunch pop, sometimes they pop all standing on top of each other then fan out... but they have "boundries" where they stay within, then they turn and walk the other way.

They never stray outside of that area unless they aggro on you.

There are certain areas where the boss mob ALWAYS pops... a good example is Verdieos. He ALWAYS pops in this crator of a hole that's in this mountain peak just above the Gemcutter shop on the Isle of Ice (if someone hasn't either tried to kill him or lured him out of his hole)

I have noticed this about maple treants first time, because of all the maple I used to chop. There is a spawn zone right across from the essence ring, one right above the ridge to Sanctuary Bay, one at the foothill below the windmill, etc... it's usually where the starting point for <mob x> pops in... now their walking pattern is random but they never leave their enclosed "pens"

This is what develops "safe zones" (places where the spawns won't aggro on you no matter what)

These are where you pull the mob safely to you and take them down without future aggro risk.

The new aggro that was introduced in the last few patches (waaaaaaay long ago), some can distance aggro on you and bring friends... this is why you have to "extend" your safe zone to 1/2 aggro radius further.

There aren't many "safe zones" on Satyr Isles (unless you want to <self moderated> and hunt in the <self moderated>)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

You maybe correct on other spawns Justa but you couldn't be further off on the Satyr islands if you tried. I personally know of 12 good safe spots on Corvus, 4 or 5 on Alged, 2 real sweeties on Dahibi and more than I can count on Elanth. All of these spots are within 40-60 meters of the spawns, all are in the interiors of the islands and most are near roads. Hint: the best are near trees near roads.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

I only know of a few "safe spots" on the islands... but they are very closed in as compared to an open field behind you that you can run and not get bushwhacked by other WA mobs waiting for you.

Flight is by far the best escape mechanism for that place

Named mobs are back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    I only know of a few "safe spots" on the islands... but they are very closed in as compared to an open field behind you that you can run and not get bushwhacked by other WA mobs waiting for you.

Flight is by far the best escape mechanism for that place
    I'll grant flight is a huge asset for hunting the Islands. However, it is NOT necessary. The safe spots I know are just that SAFE. I can go afk and come back an hour later and all I have to do is rebuff. They are completely safe.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

archers like to have room to kite and/or run if something(s) too nasty gets up close & personal. i'm not sure the satyr islands have that, but i've not hunted them a lot.

Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie, house, back yard. lol

huh??

my goodeness, lol you all know so much, ok i know the uhhh,,

Saris? (the cat's) have Kion right????

what do Satyr and all the rest have???

oh and do the Sslisk's (lizzard guy's) have Sslanis???

i'm a Satyr is all.

Wellll, you have some discovering to do. Port on over to New Rachival. See who's there. Go with someone as guard, or sneak into Old Rachival.

Check out Feladan and Aughundell. Visit Mahagra and see who built that. And you'll definitely need a good guard or party to visit the satyr isles, especially if you do any sight seeing.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Judging from the lack of response from the developers, I assume they do not know that not having these critters up can stop character progression in some instances.

As an example, in order to do the Dragon Ancient Rite of Passage you must have completed all combat quests. That is hard to do if the required critters are not spawned.

60 days is long enough to have established better customer service than this. It isn't like we are asking them to code the critters, just spawn them. We do supposedly have WM's, after all.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information