Thread: Techniques: Minor Tweak

Default Techniques: Minor Tweak

How about telling us what slots each Technique can be used on? I started to make my first Biped Tech'd set of gear for Spinning, but found out (after buying the form to make the base item) that certain slots cannot take certain Techniques, yet nowhere in the game does it tell you this information until After you go to make the said item.

Example:

It will let me put Spinning I on Gloves, Legs, and Shoulderpads. It will NOT let me put Spinning I on Body, Mask, or my Sack.

Could we add something to each Technique Description that says something like:

-----
    Spinning I

Materials Needed:

4 Dim Essence Orbs
    1 Weaker Blight Bindings

Available slots: Legs, Tool, Shoulders, Hands.
    -----

Or somesuch. That way we Know This before going to craft the items. Would make it a lot simpler...

--Dhalin

Best way I know of is to snag the Craft Calc http://community.istaria.com/links/?id=116

You can build your gear and print off handy reports.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Yes, but that requires that we Minimize or Window Horizons....

Minimizing it = instant crash on my machine.

Running it Windowed = Huge loss of FPS. I tweaked the settings to which I get 30-40FPS away from towns, and like 15-20 within NT. I'd like to keep it that way.

There's still no reason why they can't tweak the Techique Descriptions to tell us what item types we are allowed to apply these techniques to. I assume its just a simple editing of the item's description that appears when you mouse over it?

[Edit: I don't really understand, in the first place, why certain pieces of armor can take some techniques and others can't. Like... why can spinning go on Legs... but not Body? But yet, you can put Jewelcraft on a Body, but not Legs? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I woulda thought that Jewelcraft and Spinning are both Craft Techniques, and thus would share pieces you can put them on? *blink*]

--Dhalin

The old list done by the devs could help too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Ive never heard of anyone getting low fps in windowed mode, most likely an issue with your system.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I get anywhere from 4 FPS in Dalimond to up to 26 FPS out in the wilds.

This is running on a 1.8 GHz machine with 768MB RAM and an 8x AGP running in a 4x slot.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Yes, but that requires that we Minimize or Window Horizons....
    Or, what I normally do is to work up my lists before I log in, print off the handy-dandy report, and then log in and start crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    [Edit: I don't really understand, in the first place, why certain pieces of armor can take some techniques and others can't. Like... why can spinning go on Legs... but not Body? But yet, you can put Jewelcraft on a Body, but not Legs? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I woulda thought that Jewelcraft and Spinning are both Craft Techniques, and thus would share pieces you can put them on? *blink*]
    Have absolutly no clue on that one. Never understood the rhyme nor reason for that. <shrugs>
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

There's the difference between the techniques for making raw resources into basic things, like spinning, smelting etc. (and perhaps the things like foraging, quarying etc. fall into the same category) and the other craft things that handle the making of thing out of the basics, armorcraft, jewelcraft etc. Why what will go on what I don't know.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Sounds like a good idea. Simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi
    There's the difference between the techniques for making raw resources into basic things, like spinning, smelting etc. (and perhaps the things like foraging, quarying etc. fall into the same category) and the other craft things that handle the making of thing out of the basics, armorcraft, jewelcraft etc. Why what will go on what I don't know.
    Take a look at my list.

3 groups of craft techs.

Gathering: Foraging, Logging, Mining, Quarring, Fishing, Essenceharvesting
    Processing: Spinning, Lumbering, Smelting, Stoneworking, Gemworking, ...
    Manufacturing: Tinkering, Armorcraft, Spellcraft, Tailoring , ...

All techs are balanced to fit about the same time on a whole set of gear.
    A dragon only got 11 items, so all techs can be use everywhere.
    For biped with more slots all techs are limited about 11 too.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Thread Information