Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

With 53 billion dollars? Bill Gates, is now the richest person and has been for the past 13 years!.

What I would do?

1. Pay off my mortgage.
    2. Pay to have the inside of the house rebuilt.
    3. Splurge bigtime and get the bestest computer around, heh

And, what I would do, probably would barely dent that 53 billion!
    Last edited by Peaches; February 22nd, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

The same thing Bill does every night, Peaches:

Try to take over the world!!!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Buy HZ ******************

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    The same thing Bill does every night, Peaches:

Try to take over the world!!!
    They're Otter, they're Otter and the Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill.

Okay,

so I would as well:

a) pay Peaches mortgage and redo the inside of her House and buy her a big fat computer

b) Buy myself a cottage in Scotland with a big whisky- and wine-cellar, a library and internet access in every room

c) invest in companies that paid their workers decent wages, produced trade items that neither made peoplesick or addicted and could not be used in a war (with energy-conserving production and high care for environmental issues)

d) sponsor get-togethers of scientist of all nations with the sole agenda 'how to abolish hunger and improve life'

aw.. I think all that money still would not be enough for what I'd want to do with it....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

With all of that money? Well, I would splurge! I read that for a mere 5 mil (chump change for our Mr Gates) can buy you a seat on the next shuttle to the moon! That would definitely be my pick
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

FlaK88mm

Smile

Collect & recover armoured vehicles, artillery peices, and aircraft.

Collect & use a vast array of antique and modern firearms.

Buy several hundred acres of wooded, hilly property.

Have a fully functional MG-42 on Lafette mount set up on my front porch, and when the mood strikes me, nonchalantly stroll out and rip out a few hundred round blasts.

Oh yes!

Like this?

(A bad shot, but that's an MG42. Armor is power-assisted so the Panzer Corps can shoot it by hip and maintain accuracy.)

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I would buy a Lair What wants a dragon more?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I've always had a dream of owning a large hotel with good transport links so my friends from all over the world would have a place they could stay when visiting the UK. It would also make a nice base for dragonkin meet-ups
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Let's see. 53 Billion.

1. Get out of debt.
    2. Get Kain out of Arkansas.
    3. Get new computer(s).
    4. Get new house.
    5. Travel.
    6. Buy gaming stuffs.
    7. Buy more Horizons accounts.

What do you mean I've not even spent off this week's interest? SHARDS!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

1. Get out of debt
    2. Get all my friends and family out of debt. Buy giving away about 25 billion to friends and family.
    3. Give about another 20 billion to charities.
    4. Go on a shopping spree for about a couple million. House, computers and such.
    5. Buy horizons and pump about a billion into it.

- build a new computer....make it a full blown supercomputer for gaming
    - probaly save up most of it so working is never a requirement
    - try and buy horizons from EII (and have other people run it)
    - give at least 10 million dollars to all of my friends and family
    - write a will and have it buried from everyone
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Ooo oo oo, fun post... And LO you about killed me =)

"They all look like ants from up here."
    Gates, "That's because they ARE ants!"

=)

Let's see, I'd do....

1.) Pay off debts
    2.) Get a comfortable home in a nice neighborhood, nothing fancy or gigantic!
    3.) Get a car that works, again nothing fancy. Four wheels and moves is nice.
    4.) Fix up my house to be comfortably furnished.
    5.) Start exploring the world! Explore the hobbies I've always wanted to explore like Hang Gliding, Camping, and Hiking. Improve my artwork by going and seeing places, and drawing from them.... So much to do, so much to see.
    6.) Keep a major chunk of it for saving and building for the kids.

$53 billion ?

I couldn't even really spend a 5th of that in my lifetime. The interest alone would make even spending a 10th very hard. With that being said I'd give about $20 billion to various charities. Another $20 billion I would use to create foundations for the homeless, battered women and a fund to assist the Humane society.

I would take 2 or 3 Billion and create my own Game developing company. Which I would draw in some of the best talent in the industry. Then I would make the ultimate MMO that simply blows everything else away and I would create it by getting feedback from the MMO community as to what they want. heck may make a few MMO's that way... maybe one based on mecha perhaps a true scifi and a standard model fantasy lore type.

I'd keep about $10 billion and by the time I was done splurging I'd still probably have $9 billion left . Probably still couldn't spend it all.

Oh god there is way too many things I could think to do with this much money.

1.) Buy a home in San Francisco.
    2.) Visit my closest online friends
    3.) Fix up my parents house
    4.) Pay off my debts
    5.) Buy my own car
    6.) Buy insurance and by that I mean I would probably buy a insurance company and make them cover me
    7.) Buy an uber computer.
    8.) Donate a few billion to some deserving non-profits (arts, homeless, help for women, educational, environmental, poverty and all that other good stuff)
    9.) Donate money to research efforts for alternative fuel sources.
    10.) Invest and save a bunch of the money to make it grow!

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Why worry about insurance, Dracana? With $53bil, it's not likely even if you DID get hurt that they'd do anything about it and you could as easily plunk down a check for the entire bill (plus a brand new wing for the hospital while you're at it) and still not touch your monthly interest.

Let's go on a common interest rate of 3% annually in savings (good rate). On an account or series of accounts totalling a base of $53 billion, that interest would be $1.59 billion additional every year. That is STILL over 3 million every week. Insurance? Who needs insurance. You have BANK ACCOUNT. Even if you take out the taxes on that, you're still getting a huge sum. I don't have the exact figure for the tax rate on 1.59 billion annually, so I can't figure it down to a weekly amount in taxes.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

That's why you take your billions and wrap it into a life insurance policy for some small amount, say 1 million. Then you take loans against the cash value of the policy (in this case, the billions minus the base million). You are not actually earning an income, so you do not have to pay taxes. And you never have to repay the loans, because when you die, the cash value pays off the loans, then dispurses the rest to the benificiaries.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

1. Buy Mars
    2. Have a terran-life support system put into place.
    3. Move there and never look back.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    With 53 billion dollers? Bill Gates, is now the richest person and has been for the past 13 years!.

What I would do?

1. Pay off my mortgage.
    2. Pay to have the inside of the house rebuilt.
    3. Splurge bigtime and get the bestest computer around, heh

And, what I would do, probably would barely dent that 53 billion!

Learn to spell Dollars right,

Thread Information