Thread: Odd Crafting Animations

Default Odd Crafting Animations

Does everyone like the current dragon crafting animation? Right now we look like we are digging in the dirt when we craft. Same as querying and mining. I though somthing closer to the current sitting and circular motion casting animation would look much more noble.

How about gathering water? I allways thought banging a bucket against the side of a well is a strange way of actually getting water IN the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    How about gathering water? I allways thought banging a bucket against the side of a well is a strange way of actually getting water IN the bucket.
    Better than water is gathering eggs. Eggs, milk, water. All 3 use same animation. And that is the one designed for logging.
    For logging it looks strage to cut from up to down. But use of this animation on cows and chicken looks even worse.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Another odd one I just thought of is the brew sturing animation, the spoon is facing up? Shouldn't it be down, as if into the brew?

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    Better than water is gathering eggs. Eggs, milk, water. All 3 use same animation. And that is the one designed for logging.
    For logging it looks strage to cut from up to down. But use of this animation on cows and chicken looks even worse.
    Well, it admittedly looks funny that gathering eggs involves hitting the poor chicken with the bucket. I mean maybe the cows are used to being 'bucketed' for milk, but I always wonder if the Istaria chicken lay hard-boiled eggs, because I never gather any broken eggs...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I accually kinda like the banging bucket on cows, chickens, and wells, it really makes ya laugh the first time ya see it.

Bah don't change the bucket animation!! It's a typical horizons thing ^^

And for dragon digging, yes we look like dogs :P But how other do you expect a dragon getting something from a bunch of gems on the floor.

Well for making items, would be nice if somehow the cast animation would be used.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Hatchlings look like dogs yeah but not the adult dragons imo.

I really would like to have seperate Lunus and Helian ones for crafting.

The lunus would be hitting and kicking bipeds that would be gathering the resources as you're gathering and the Helian would actually be gathering the resources themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    Bah don't change the bucket animation!! It's a typical horizons thing ^^
    I hope those eyes tell me you are joking.... <,,<

And for dragon digging, yes we look like dogs :P But how other do you expect a dragon getting something from a bunch of gems on the floor.
    I never had a complaint there, that's as it should be. :-p

Well for making items, would be nice if somehow the cast animation would be used.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    Hatchlings look like dogs yeah but not the adult dragons imo.

I really would like to have seperate Lunus and Helian ones for crafting.

The lunus would be hitting and kicking bipeds that would be gathering the resources as you're gathering and the Helian would actually be gathering the resources themselves
    LOL funny, but I think that would have to be an emote rather than a crafting animation. Surely if a Lunus can't get it's slaves to do it's work it's not going to do without.... or... mabe they really are that lazy? }:=8p

Maybe when a Lunus digs something a small thundercloud would appear over his head, because its so disusting.

And no, bucket hitting is awesome, I love it ! :P

/bucket CallakDW

You recieved 14 silver ore.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*thump* >,,o Ow, hey give it back! I worked hard to gather that!

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    *thump* >,,o Ow, hey give it back! I worked hard to gather that!
    Now that's debatable:P

Venom is looking for new gnome slaves as EII still isn't allowing us to make new chars, so he now has to do all the grunt work himself.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Other odd animations:
    Biped essence structuring: same animation and sound as the harvest knife
    Biped tool swap and use (before the tool shows up in hand): same animation and sound as the harvest knife

And must dragons dig EVERYTHING? For gathering resources that aren't essence, it works, but do you have to DIG a wisp? And, for that matter, why do you dig when you make blocks, bricks, cut gems, scales, claws, spell shards, and lairshaping units?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I remember someone asking me what I'm doing and I told them I'm going to beat a cow for some milk. And it took me ages to realize that you had to whack the well with the bucket to get water... :P

Thread Information