Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Istaria - Order

Default The Story of Istaria - Order

We are developing a continuing storyline for each shard, and we would like to have a high level of player involvement during this process. The nature of that involvement has yet to be defined... we want you to tell us how you'd like to participate. We wish to know how you feel about the storyline of Order... past, present and future. Please sign up here if you want to participate!

I might be interested in helping. what exactly would this entail?
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Default sounds interesting

i might be interested as well.

I also might be intrested. But as others wonder what you are looking for here? Do you want past lore? Are you looking for true "history" from the time the game first opened or player made lore from opening on and before? Are you looking for ideas on how to develop the story line?

Also, please keep in mind that the bulk of Istarian history came before Novo, and the realm of Order.

Actually, the bulk of history came after the Novo, there were more events, and much more time after the Novo. Just the stuff you were here for was before the Novo.

Ooh! Now this is sounding like something I'll like! Are you thinking in terms of player fiction with Istaria as seen through the eyes of our characters? Fiction rife with our own personal NPCs that you can use to hook us into various plots and stories? Or more in terms of screen shots, logs, stick-to-the-facts-please type histories? Either way, I'm interested!
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

i've posted stories under the order shard forum subforum roleplay, i'd like to see those stories incorporated if possible.

I'd love to help out, just want more information you're looking for...

And yea, I guess they mean "order since Novo" and not the histories of all three shards that went into Order and then Order...

Course you could take all the stories of our history before the combination (which was a huge historic event) and just act like it was all in the same world...

Well, we're just asking for more details of what you want .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Count me in. I'd do my gnomish best. Not regarding the past (I'm a newcomer on Order) but if I can help with present and future, I'll do it.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Before Novo we got the freeing of Satyrs & Pixies, liberation of Feladan and the plague, liberated 4 cities from seige (Gortos & Lt. Mineos & others), Titus & company, Introduction of the Vielo, Hal & Dal's Vielo assassination, quite a few others I can't think of right now, leading up to the Novo and the best of the rest, end of the world battles.

I don't remember much on after Novo events though I was here for about 6 months. More like cancel subs event lol. Sort of lightweight compare to the old is the general feeling I get.

Anyone got a list?

The things that happened before the Novo events are important to us still, from all our different shards. Good friends were there with us, It seems important to me that all those histories remain with us, not merged as one story but as part of the ongoing tale of the different realities of Istaria. We merged into a single tale and went on together to forge the Istaria we all know today.

The stories that folk have posted our forum should be part of it as much as possible, I agree with Awdz about that.
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Let me know what it is you want. if I can help, I will...
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Thumbs up On the winds that have blown

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Such merit as they may bear is but that of the one that listens, and that merit but a thing they had forgotten and found once more.

If the gods or the land seek, then let both find. And where the Lightning burns, then can the Thunder be far?

Sephiranoth, clled by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

I'm also not quite sure for what you are looking. But I'm also interested in helping in what ways I can.

It's been ages since I was on Dawn; I remember that there used to be many guilds and more players. And all of the aforementioned events did occur there.

I tend to play the Novo transition as a major cataclysm. The Novo machine as an option of 'lesser of two evils,' where the threat was merge or be utterly ahnnilated. It was at that point that people disappeared without a trace into portals to other realms caused by the transition; my own character no exception to this.

In terms of world politics, there's the matter of the Empire itself. While shortly before EI's acquision of HZ the Empire was becoming a slightly more noticable thing (namely in their invovlement in running certain events as well as the recent camp near Harro), mostly the Empire has been quiet and there has been no definitable ruling body to it, in my experience. To that end, I usually act as though the Empire was a council established in the Peace Accords at the end of the Battle of Tazoon, with two representivies from each race. Satyrs and Dryads were included in this council once they were added, but if you want to be fancy, you could have the number of representivies based on land mass - hi ho, politics, away!

In terms of the Gift. Even though many years have passed since the ritual, it seems clear that the Gift itself still is not completely understood. United against the Aegis, under the guidance of the Empire, these individuals are powerful tools: undying friends to fight undying foes. Of course, were the Aegis ever to fall, there would be a serious problem. Specifically, a bunch of undying people trained to craft and kill. Depending on whether or not the Empire held together, this would end up in a cataclymic disaster or a wonderful era of peace.

Of course, that is something that has not been proven as, although there has been no visible driving force in the Aegis of late (whereas there were four lieutenants uncer Torrin when the game began, two, the Maggot Lord and the Lich King, are now defeated and the fate of the remaining two is unclear to me), there have been powerful incursions recently, such as those of Fafnir and his blight hounds.

Further lore I have becomes more personal and non-cannon. If that's what you want, go for it, but in terms of full comminity lore, I'm not sure all that much exists in a consolidated source. Back when I was on Dawn, it was my hope and dream to create a world community, and for a short time it did exist with the satyr caves, but... well, it fell apart and we eventually came with a close but group-distinct community with the creation of Order. I'm certain, however, that many would be quite happy to submit such non-cannon personal lores, but I'm not about to take up the torch to put them together. I failed at that position four years ago, I'm not going to start again now.

Anyway, I hope this rather general overview helps to form a framework for you to work with as you begin to seperate the shard's storylines. If you ask me, you might want to start with the building communities; after all, they are already distinct and different among the servers.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Is this what you are looking for?

Night Terrors
    By Leviathan of Order Shard

Mor Havok had grown weary of the the incessant pleas of his apprentice. Lazerus, his apprentice, was eager know the secrets of the the ancient black tome they had discovered together, while adventuring in far eastern realm. "No, I said! There are more important studies for you to attend to!", barked Mor angrily, hoping that his demeanor would disuade Lazerus from persuing it further. But Lazerus was stubborn. A trait that Mor Havok prized in an apprentice, and now also loathed.
    "Very well, my apprentice. But understand this, you will regret this knowledge that I will impart to you", chided Mor as he unhinged the the large golden clasp revealing the books pages, stained and brittle from the ages. The words "Tiera Nagal" written in gold ink were inscribed in large type on the first page. "What does that mean, my master"?, asked the inquizative apprentice. Looking up from the ancient tome with a blank stare, Mor Havok replied, "It is the name of evil, my apprentice. One that has not existed for eons, and I pray, shall not return". Staring blankly as if miles away, Mor Havoks thoughts drifted off.
    Confused, Lazerus pressed the question once more, "I do not understand, my master". Startled from his thoughts, Mor Havok looked back at his apprentice with a more stern countenance, "Do you know what fear is, my apprentice"? Lazerus was perplexed by the rhetorical statement, "Yes, my master". Mor Havok looked Lazerus directly in the eye, "Then you understand".
    Against his better judgement, Mor Havok began recounting the chronicles of the Tiera Nagal, recorded within the thick pages of the ancient tome. The chronicles of an ancient race of black dragons that ruled a vast mountainous region far in the eastern realms. "They would only feed once every lunar cycle", continued Mor, "but they fed with such avarice and ferocity, that nothing that breathed life would be left in their wake".
    Lazerus' expression was that of awe and amazement as Mor Havok told the tale. "It is further written that they were nocturnal, and that their multitudes were so great that on moonlit nights, when their broods would rise to feast that their numbers would block out the sky and a pall would fall across the countryside".
    Astonished at what he was hearing, Lazerus interrupted, "How could it be that these fearsome beasts were defeated, my master"? Slowly Looking up from the Tome and appearing with a somber countenance, "That's just it, my apprentice. They weren't". The color left Lazerus' face and his jaw went slack. Mor Havok nodded slightly to acknowledge what he knew Lazerus was thinking. "It was the desolation of the Tiera Nagal that gave the Withered Aegis their foothold in our realm. By destroying all life across large tracts of land, the Aegis were able to invade unchallenged and take up abode in that region".
    Astonished at what he was hearing, Lazerus interrupted, "But how could the Withered Aegis destroy such fearsome beasts, my master"? Pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts, Mor Havok responded, "I am not so sure they did, my apprentice". Pausing in disbelief for a moment, Lazerus queried, "Then they still exist, my master"? Mor nodded, "They may, my apprentice. some of the larger black dragons that are indiginous to our region may also be decendants of this ancient race of dragons".
    "It is doubtful that the Withered Aegis could have vanquished them", letting out a heavy sigh, Mor Havok continued, "What is far more likely is that they went into hibernation deep within the depths of mountains of the eastern realm". Lazerus blurted out, "Hibernation"? and then realized his impudence, "Sorry, my master, I didn't mean to question your veracity. but the Tome is thousands of years old. How long could they hibernate"?
    Looking at Lazerus with great concern, "I do not know, my apprentice; and it is this that troubles me the most". There was silence for the longest time, then Mor Havok leaned forward and spoke up. This time with an impish grin, "It is entirely possible that the Withered Aegis aren't aware of their existance". Lazerus' eyes lit up momentarily before pessimism settled in, "But if the writings in the tome are true, these Nagal are no friends of ours". "Aye", responded Mor, "But I doubt they would be anymore hospitable to the Aegis who now occupy their hunting grounds".
    Lazerus finally realized what it was that Mor was getting at, "You mean to wake these beasts and loose them upon the Aegis"? Mor knew the risks of such an action were very great and hesitated to answer, "...It had occurred to me". Lazerus leaned back in his chair and began to stroke his chin as he fancied how such a task could be achieved. "Does it say where in the mountains the lairs of these beasts might be found, my master"? Mor responded with a scold, "Do not be so bold you impetuous fool! What is to stop these beasts from turning their attention westward?!
    Taken back by Mor's outburst, Lazerus was stunned. "My master, I do not mean to be impertinant. But as you know, the war against the Aegis is not going well for us. If things continue as they are, there will be no Istaria left to defend". Mor's temper gave way to resignation, "I am sorry, my apprentice. I must confess that I believe you are correct in your assessment". Never in the twelve years under Mor Havoks tutulidge, had Lazerus seen his master so distressed, "So what are we to do, my master". Looking up at his apprentice, Mor Havok knew the answer, "Gather your things and send for the others. We are going to wake the mountains".
    Trembling with excitement, Lazerus leapt from his chair, "Yes, my master! I will notify Mystif and the elf, Maiyr". Scurrying out of the room almost before Mor Havok could respond, forcing him to shout after him, "...and send somebody to get that infernal dragon Leviathan"! Mor sat back in his chair and began to light his long stem pipe, chuckling as he mumbled "Preferably somebody that's not too tasty".
    "Oh, drat. what mess have you gotten yourself into again", Mor thought to himself while enjoying his gnome pipe weed. "Seems we have another adventure...", Folding one arm under the other as he calmly blew smoke, Mor appeared content with his supposition, "yeees...another adventure indeed".

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

a tad more specific please
    ================================
    The Flying Gekko formerly known as "Nemesis_Expanse" and then "Lizardbreath". Flying strong once more in the skies of Order..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'll help, if I can.

characters characters characters characters characters. Am I above the limit yet?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Leviathan, that was a great read. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to find out what happens ;-)
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Count me in. I have a back logged archive of our history -- pre and post merger. Always willing to lend a claw.

Thread Information