Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons: A movie...

Talking Horizons: A movie...

Meh got bored the other day and ended up making a video in Horizons. feel free to check it out on Youtube!

Default heh

That was awesome, I enjoyed it, wished it was longer though, heh.

Nice work!

Nice job; I especially liked the music. =)

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Very nice, now can't keep wondering what happens next?
    Qarana
    Fist of the North, Order

Thumbs up

A great start.

I'd suggest posting links on the main site and MMORPG.com and a few other places, since these forums are not available to those who might be inquiring about joining the game.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Nice done, Lantua ! When will we see the next episode ?

Hehe glad ya'll like, the next chapter will come when I get the time/insperation/lvls

Neat, keep up the good work!

Default Good job!

I really liked that, Tcei! Nice work. I hope to see more!
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Good job!

Aww, you stole my idea!

I've been giving thought to doing a movie of a hatchling's journey to and through the RoP for quite some time. Already have the music and many of the scenes plotted out in my mind, just need to get my alt to 100 as a personal goal before I start on it. Also been researching ways to play with the camera so that I can get something more interesting than what you normally can without modding things. And I need to figure out how to trigger the ascension fireball effect at will so that I can get multiple angles.

You have a good start there, looking forward to seeing what you come up with next time.

Lovely!

When he entered the blighted zone, I had to catch myself from shouting: "Nooooooo! Don't go there!!!!"

And the music fit very well, hope there'll be many more episodes.

(Poor Tcei, now you have wetted our appetite and folks will pester you to do more and more of this )
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Way cool! I'd love to see the next episode, you've introduced the story very well :-)

Nice video...Brings back a lot of old memories...Enjoyed the music too, from Deus Ex if I'm not mistaken (I usually am, but <Shrugs>) Hope there's more to come
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Thats pretty cool! Part two is coming soon, I hope!

(slightly related) What do people use for capture these days? I notice you're using the fraps demo, which for me, has been slow (like 5fps slow vs 15-35 when not recording). Find anything faster?

I'm starting to think that the best method would be to output to svideo at 1024x768 or 800x600 and patch it into a capture card.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default On that which rends...

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    Nice video...Brings back a lot of old memories...Enjoyed the music too, from Deus Ex if I'm not mistaken (I usually am, but <Shrugs>) Hope there's more to come
    My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind, but is it ill to wish some winds blew once more?

Ssilmath Elder. The Void has been found wanting by many it held. Not all, but there are those that wake. Thy false claw still waits thy hand. Since that waking when the Dawn Maid passed it to me, to this and each to come, it has never been apart from me. Nor will, save for one parting.

Old memories are well and weal, but new ones may carry bright shine. I would joy to set that which was thine to thee once more. And if it may not be so, then I will wait, and well ye know mine waiting.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Aww, you stole my idea!

I've been giving thought to doing a movie of a hatchling's journey to and through the RoP for quite some time. Already have the music and many of the scenes plotted out in my mind, just need to get my alt to 100 as a personal goal before I start on it. Also been researching ways to play with the camera so that I can get something more interesting than what you normally can without modding things. And I need to figure out how to trigger the ascension fireball effect at will so that I can get multiple angles.

You have a good start there, looking forward to seeing what you come up with next time.
    to trigger the ascension fireball affect all you have to do is rename the effect to one of the regular spell effects. Like "Boom" for instance. Then you just have to cast the boom spell and you get your affect at will.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    (slightly related) What do people use for capture these days? I notice you're using the fraps demo, which for me, has been slow (like 5fps slow vs 15-35 when not recording). Find anything faster?
    Fraps is pretty nice I wouldnt mind trying out a couple others just to see if there was something better. I also would like to try something better than Windows MovieMaker for the vid editor. If anyone has some links for me to check out please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    Not too sure who the arist is taht made the song. Its actualy the opening/theme song for Horizons, just hacked to peices and rearanged

there is an "opening song" for horizons?? When do you get that??

Btw: cool movie, very dramatic.. hehe
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thumbs up

Enticing piece of work. Sure reminds one of the romance some of us have with the game. Looking forward for more.
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Thread Information