Thread: Oasis Costume Contest and Party! (Nov 3rd, 8pm est)

Dranar

Default Oasis Costume Contest and Party! (Nov 3rd, 8pm est)

Dranar sat meditating in his home, thinking on the red moon seen in the sky and the now spreading, short lived yet potent diseases that were running rampent. It seemed a sign of things, of problems. His meditations brought him into a trance, he reached out into the ether, crossing the space into the astral and peered around, floating through the nothingness save for distant pinpoints of light... Into them he looked, one being his world, another being a world of humans, another being a world of deamons, and many another thing seen... But of all the worlds spied into he noticed there seemed to be a common theme, a common "spirit energy" That was flowing and ebbing... Many of the worlds had others dressed up or dancing, dancing to hide from the spirits that roamed their world. Then, an idea came to him, why don't we of Istaria do the same... It was time to dress up, to change, to confuse the spirits, as odd as perhaps that did sound.

He opened his eyes "Bessidesss, it would be fun..." He spoke aloud to himself and chuckled softly with a hiss. He had work to do and set to prepare the tavern lot for a costumed party and dance and then prepared the flyers and his words and headed off to towns, posting up words to everyone.

--

"Greetingsss unto one and all, thisss coming tavern night, November Third, the Oassiss on the beach Cafe and Tavern will be holding a Cosstume Contessst! Come in your finesst cosstume and wear. We come to sselebrate a time when the ssspiritss are more aware and around, and come to dissguisse oursselves to mingle with them through wearing of outfitsss. On November Third, a wednesssday, at 8 by the easstern bell, we will be holding a cosstume dancssse and contessst. There will be a catagory for Dragonsss asss well asss bipedsss. I will be offering up Twenty sssilver to each group to be ssplit amidsstss the winnersss (First 10 silver, second 6 silver, third 4 silver).

I alssso will be offering plenty of ssweetsss and good food to eat. Catnip infussed sspun ssugar, candied carrotsss with assorted colorssss, and other good foodsss to delight a dragon'sss tongue to even a ssslik or an elvesss tongue.

Come one, come all, to a fine and fun evening of Cossstumed fun in Parsssinia... And yesss, I know it isss after the peak of the activity, but I like to keep my tavern nightsss to be, regular."

---

The Rules:

The Competition will officially be starting at 8:45 pm est with possibility of 9 pm depending on crowd and if everyone has been fed yet. You are expected to be wearing your costume when arriving to the party, so please do so and act like it too when intereacting with others and description on entereting also.

For Bipeds:

Each person will be wearing their costume, most of which shuold be physically seen. Each contestent will then be able to show off their additions that cannot "physically" be seen through the use ot emotes and descriptions. Please try to keep descriptions under two paragraphs to describe extra things, though do as much as you can through your visible outfit. Feel free to put on a show and flashiness when it is your turn to show off. Be creative as creativity is key.

Remember to seek out your favorite tailor, outfitter, and/or weaver in order to find out about a lot of different fashions. Mix and match to come up with something. The commoner shirt makes an excellent pirate type outfit, Tazoon common pants go good with many things, if you want a rougher look, look into the Aughundel or Maghera style of clothing, or if you want to be like royalty look into the Feladan wear... And of course, don't forget Dark forest wear for that "Hood" that could be good. Also dyed armors and pieces of clothing are excellent as well for different ideas.

For Dragons:

Each Dragon will have to show off as best as they are able to, be creative. You will mostly be working through description (unless they add in something visual by then) and will have your chance to show off whatever adornments or body paint or magical glamours you have up as your costume. Please try to keep descriptions under four paragraphs to describe your "Costume". Feel free to add any magical embelishments, flight, jumps, whatever you might like to show yourself off all the more.

Remember to look over your body, imagine where you can have things attached, how your stripes look and might also look like if decorated up. Try to be as descriptive as you can so we can really "See" everything with your words.

To All Contestents:

Have fun! That is what is most important.

The first, second, and third place person in each catagory, Dragon and Biped, will recieve 10 silver, 7 silver, and 3 silver respectively.

Though come, enjoy, have fun! I hope to see many there.

~Dranar

Felinor

Default Re: Oasis Costume Contest and Party! (Nov 3rd, 8pm est)

Woo, sounds fun! I'll try my hardest to be there. I have a snazzy outfit I've been wanting to show off.

Dranar

With the fine masskss now able to be worn by both dragonsss and Naka, it sshould allow for all to have even wider variety of cosstumesss...

And jussst remember, jusst becaussse ssomething isss called by a ssertain name doessn't mean it actually hass to be that name... Let your creativity go wild.

~Dranar

Dranar

And, I am happy to ssay that we will have Candied applesss and pumpkin piess for the cosstume party...

Alsso sspun ssugar, candied carrotsss, beef pastiesss and gurok wursst, along with plenty of other good foodssss.

~Dranar

Dranar

Jussst a reminder to all, the cosstume party isss tonight!

Come one, come all, we'll have a cosstume ball!

Bring your masskss and outfit, dresss asss you like,
    For tonight iss a night, of sscariness and fright!

Bring your favorite sscary tale, or a ssong to laugh it'ss true,
    Bring whatever you might need, to make the evening not blue.

Let uss all have a good evening tonight!

~Dranar

Dranar

Thank you to everyone who sshowed to the party! I believe everyone had a good time and it wasss enjoyable by all! There wasss much merriment and food handed out.

We will be open again in two weekss, Nov 17th, at 8pm Est... All are welcome!

~Dranar

is this on order if so ill be there [;)]
    ill be in bibed form but if you want ill make my dragon self known
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

is this on order if so ill be there [;)]
    ill be in bibed form but if you want ill make my dragon self known repost deleat
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Venom-Dragon, many regrets, but this party was on November 3rd. It was a lot of fun, too.

Dranar hosts regular parties, though. I think they are starting up on alternate Thursdays, perhaps next week? And if Trinsic is ever able to resolve his log in issues, he hosts marvelous Bardic circles, a bit more restrained than Dranar's bashes, with tons of great poetry and storytelling.

-Levity Merrel

Dranar

Actually, due to the Holiday Season they will probably not be able to restart until coming in January, though I may choose a day for a Christmas party and post it here, we shall have to see.

Anyone have suggestions for a good Christmas Party date?

~Dranar / Allon

*The tall Fiend with the red eyes glances up*

Suggestions for a good Christmas Party Date? Of course! First you buy your date a skimpy Santa Claus outfit (make sure you get her size correct) and then ....

Ahhh! Wrong type of date. My mistake Dranar!
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Thread Information