Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New items showing up on Order

From what I saw in the other thread, the Radiant Essence Backpacks only showed up on Order as well. And there were not any EI responses to that 7 page thread... doubt we'll see any here.

It looks to me like someone has access to something they shouldn't and are dribbling items out to cause unrest. Just a guess - I don't play on Order, so don't shoot me

I have no doubt the items were created by Tulga/AE personnel - EI hasn't done a single update since they took control, so there is no possible way EI personnel came up with these items. All EI did was put them in-game.

EI can look up the history of any item and know exactly when it appeared in-game and who spawned it. These items cannot be crafted normally, period. They must be spawned, and that means someone with WM access. If these items were spawned by an account that EI has not authorized for WM access, they will know immediatly and can take whatever action they feel appropriate.

The fact that spawned items have appeared again means one of three things:
    1) EI has no idea how to look up an item in SimDoc. We can rule this out because Amadan knows how to do it, has SimDoc access, and can train anyone who needs to learn the process.
    2) EI is unable to shut down unauthorized WM accounts or prevent new ones from being created. Sorry, I don't believe they are that incompetant.
    3) EI personnel are spawning these items and it is being done with the approval of EI management.

Some may disagree with this line of thought, but ask yourself this: Why would these items be allowed to remain in-game unless their existance were condoned by EI?

Ed & Ray: This is wrong. You need to fix it and give the community an assurance that it won't happen again.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yes EI the tools are there to see how the ring came to be. I highly doubt that a TG person did this after sale. I know none can log in a WM's since that access was removed after there dismisal from HZ. Besides I have never heard of these items at all till now. Many WM items were known, but without WM status no one could even use them.

This person claimed they looted it from the satyrs, lol a level 70 monk looted from the satyrs, think about it. I find that highly unlikely since I and Kwinn hunt Satyrs exclusively and have never seen these. As far as these techs, thats news to me too.

Thats one reason why patch notes are nice so we know what is available.

Yes these items need be removed, my biggest fear is a harasser will get one and then all havock will break loose. Single handedly killing boss mobs at a whim, not good.

It's fairly widely known that people could create a trial account and log in without credit card info and play forever, even after the 14 days was up. This indicates a problem in the login verification routines, which would probably be the ones keeping former WM accounts from logging in?

Maybe this problem extends to other accounts as well, not just trial accounts. Has anyone tried logging in from a closed account to see if you can get in without resubscribing? Maybe an old WM account is being used after the access was thought to have been shut down?

Or it could be that the ring is one of the "goodies" arising from the Darkstaff Fiasco . . .

For those who weren't around pre-merge, one of the AE devs (or WM's, I'm not sure which) created a character he named "Darkstaff" on one of the servers which was eventually merged into Order (I'm pretty sure it was Spirit). Using his dev tools, he created a number of items with near God-like powers which he doled out to some of his guildmates.

Unsurprisingly, a HUGE stink arose over such blatant favoritism, and though DB eventually claimed that the "Darkstaff" dev had been fired and his God-like items deleted, it might well be that the ring (and perhaps other "goodies") slipped through the net. That would explain why these items are only showing up on Order.

Just a theory.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

'Only now showing up'? More than two years after the Darkstaff stuff was removed? Someone just 'had them' and never said anything to anyone? You're past thinking zebras, you're looking for a unicorn.

Even if that were the case, Tant, EI could still track them down and remove them with minimal effort. They have not. It happened again. You can't spin that failure onto Tulga.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Hummm thats interesting Tant, thanks for the history. Since I wasnt around then, I do like to hear about events prior to my creation. Another mystery for sure

Actually Im not so much worried about where and how, but more so will EI remove them? I think we all agree this its not good to have a few with these items and in the wrong hands, i dread the thought

Surely EI wouldnt make these and put them in for us would they? The game would be far to easy. Fun is one thing but God mode, no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    'Only now showing up'? More than two years after the Darkstaff stuff was removed? Someone just 'had them' and never said anything to anyone? You're past thinking zebras, you're looking for a unicorn.

Even if that were the case, Tant, EI could still track them down and remove them with minimal effort. They have not. It happened again. You can't spin that failure onto Tulga.
    Actually the items could easily have been in storage on a plot that someone has just recently acquired, thus releasing items to the game that had been locked away until now...

I personally know people who have plots that haven't even logged in for at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    To take it further, I believe these items were made by former TG personel, perhaps an intern or two, who along with the TG fanclub are now working hard to create a stir amongst the fanbase and giving EI a headache.

Personally, I think those responsible should be banned for good. EI can look into the database. Time to get to the bottom of this.

I give EI 4 weeks to sort this. If not then I am out of here, and wouldn't be surprise if most on my server will walk also. We are fed up.

EI, do you hear me?
    If that was the case then wouldn't you be playing right into the hands of the immature cretin (if indeed there is one) who stirred this up on purpose?

Thumbs down

Ah good, someone beat me to posting about it this morning! I've been watching carefuly, very carefuly and documenting alot of what I have seen.. I have seen the Clense IV techs as I left a group I was in yesterday after being outraged to see them.. and I know about that ring too, I have see it in action from the same ones who owns it. It is cheap. I tried to keep a good outlook on it, but I just cant stand it now. I have become VERY aggrivated as of late and decided today I was going to say something about it. Thank you for starting this post for me, I will sign and add to it stating that something needs to be done about it. I agree with Phillip, EI has their time to repond to this. My work and my accomlishments comes through practice, raw skill, and determination.. I do NOT appreciate it when somebody cheats what I worked so hard for. I feel so sorry for those unskilled as to have to cheat their boss encounters when I suffer the deaths and do things the right way. I feel sorry for those who have to cheat their healers and STILL cannot keep ME or THEMSELVES alive! Its sad. Plain sad. Dont make me mention any names, but they all come from the same guild. It should be obvious what is going on here. And though I dont blame EI for this.. it sounds like old TG crew trying to bring an end to the game because they lost their spots in it. Guess we were appreciated, huh? Thats the way I see it untill proven otherwise.

Signed
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

If items like that are actually introduced by people to either cheat or to disrupt the game or the game community, then those people are a bunch of losers.

'nuff said.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Actually don't blame TG or EI for these cheats. We have the same going on on Chaos, EI definetely needs to get a handle on that and quick. Its one thing to lose customers over things you can't control but its another for thing you can control.

Although I will say we on Chaos have not seen these items, not to say there not around, just never heard of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Actually don't blame TG or EI for these cheats. We have the same going on on Chaos, EI definetely needs to get a handle on that and quick. Its one thing to lose customers over things you can't control but its another for thing you can control.

Although I will say we on Chaos have not seen these items, not to say there not around, just never heard of them yet.
    So are you saying there are unheard-of items showing up on Chaos, but different ones than the ones on Order?

No no, I am saying we so far have not seen these items that are showing up on Order. At least not to my knowledge.

What I am refering to is what Valados mentions about people using healing exploits to heal during boss mob hunts. The fact that your invisible when you first log on until you actually move your position.

Unless you have proof, solid proof, please do not post accustations, aao.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    If that was the case then wouldn't you be playing right into the hands of the immature cretin (if indeed there is one) who stirred this up on purpose?
    No. Because 1 month is more than enough time to find and ban these people.

I have a strong feeling these items were made right before the sale, by those with TG. The people playing are RL friends with some at TG.

Hob did you send EI all the info?

FYI Tant, the Darkstaff Fiasco was on Expanse.. was a fun drama to be a part of back then... so many people quit over it then. The fact that the "darkstaff" character joined a player guild and then accusations of favortism and such were mixed in only added to the show. bleh. bad memories.
    ================================
    The Flying Gekko formerly known as "Nemesis_Expanse" and then "Lizardbreath". Flying strong once more in the skies of Order..

Actually the darkstaff dev as you call it was an Artifact investor at the time, not a dev. Either way, the owner is shown in the screenshot and EI can search for these items I would assume

Smeglor has stated that it might be a Darkstaff item, but is not sure. he said all his WM items where set to GM only so they could not be used by a normal player. But it could have been from another WM/Intern?whatever but see's no reason why one would log-in to pass those out.

My thoughts: I would assume that all WM items would be set up as GM only usable but then the Darkstaff items were not so I could be completely off base.

Hey Everyone,

I am currently looking into this right now. Rest assured this matter will be taken care of today. I am all over it.
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Thread Information