Thread: Hello again... o.0

Default Hello again... o.0

This might sound like a somewhat strange thing, comming from someone who alot of unity/ex-unity/unitas people probably won't know and a few people might well remember, but since the boards seem somewhat quiet here, im just wondering what the current situation with unity is...i read that GN has allowed us to play free until the time comes for unitas to be created, which is great, but is it possible to log into unity at this time ( i cant get my game to launch ) is this a problem my end, or not is basicaly what i would like to know i'd like to pop my head into hoz, how long for depends what happens and how i get on with such a time away but basicaly would love to know if it is possible to login to the game and launch through the website, or if im missing something and just generaly failing

Hope someone could drop me a little info sometime and maybe see you in-game soon if things go to plan

P.S /wave Unity players that remember me!
    Spud,Half-giant on Unity(Hibernating)
    KNOC-Mage-Cleric-Warrior-Berserker
    Blacksmith-Fletcher-Carpenter

hello spud, the servers are currently up and running well, so the problem seems to be on your end maybe firewall or something ?
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

i had/have a problem...have you got SB Audigy,if so try disabling for no sound...ie Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Sound,vidio and game controllers....then disable any Audigy....its a oustanding issue...you have no sound but everything else is ok....just re-enable to restore.
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by brainbasher
    i had/have a problem...have you got SB Audigy,if so try disabling for no sound...ie Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Sound,vidio and game controllers....then disable any Audigy....its a oustanding issue...you have no sound but everything else is ok....just re-enable to restore.
    Well maybe but not must be....playing myself with SB Audigy 2 and have no errors on Unity with that.

Spud; just to sort it out:
    - you log in via GN page?
    - till what point do you come?

i tried loggin in via GN page?(horizons.eu.istaria.com) the old Hz launching just doesnt occur, no bars no downloading of version lists etc

Tried using the .net launcher (from "the-first-born.org") now all i get is an error to do with ace.dll

"The application or DLL C:\Horizons\ace.dll is not a valid windows image.Please check this against your installation diskette."

Any help will be appreciated

Spud..Spud...
    That name rings a bell.

Did we ever group to help some hatchies on rop?
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Spud you using sp2 ? dont forget to authorize activeX controls from hz site or it wont work.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

probably cobal, did quite a number of things Some kinda of community tunnel building seems to ring a bell

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    i tried loggin in via GN page?(horizons.eu.istaria.com) the old Hz launching just doesnt occur, no bars no downloading of version lists etc
    Same issue for me. I was daily logging in and one day in June nothing happened anymore, but via the NA page I've never had such issues
    I had to close my European account. Now that I can play for free in Unity I reactivated it, but no matter what I do nothing happens when I click on 'play Horizons'.

http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=62914

something here that might help? Atleast there is a fix if you cant play on EU if you been playing on NA. Helped for me atleast at that point. Dunno if its some similar issue you got.
    Tavar Ssaic (Order) - Sslik Berserker Maniac
    Mudz (Chaos) - Ssleek Monkey
    Trekk (Chaos) - Sslik Grandmaster Monk
    Telzun (Chaos) - Ancient Sslik, uhm I mean dragon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin
    Same issue for me. I was daily logging in and one day in June nothing happened anymore, but via the NA page I've never had such issues
    I had to close my European account. Now that I can play for free in Unity I reactivated it, but no matter what I do nothing happens when I click on 'play Horizons'.
    Had you accepted the Artifact patcher? Remind that you cant play with the NA version on Unity...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Iz
    http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=62914

something here that might help? Atleast there is a fix if you cant play on EU if you been playing on NA. Helped for me atleast at that point. Dunno if its some similar issue you got.
    Thank you now I can play in Unity again ^_^

Thanks for advice as some of you may have seen im now able to gain access to the game once again, oddly enough i patched to the NA version and its working perfectly now....anyway, see ya around in-game

Spud

Nice to see ya back Spud - now just convince Tommy to join ya

you can let him know this grizzly old dwarf will even shout for a round if he comes back
    A few adv classes with more to get

Crafting very little, ( Blacksmith 100 )

Why craft when you can kill !

Thread Information