Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Appreciation Program discontinued?

Question Military Appreciation Program discontinued?

When looking at my active subscriptions I noticed that my Military Appreciation Program account is not listed. If it has been discontinued it would be nice if we could have official word before plot reposession is resumed.

http://www.istaria.com/military/

Oh no... looks like mine is showing the same as well. If I've suddenly lost a subscription and one of our plots, I'm not going to be happy at all. Yes please, can we have word on this? Are you silently dumping the millitary appreciation or is this more of the current account issues?

100/100/100 Ancient Dragon of Chaos
    ~The Ancients~

From what I have seen, it was actually turned off shortly after the purchase of the game.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

The Military Appreciation Program was one of Tulga's brighter moments, and I'd hope strongly that it's just on temporary hiatus.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    The Military Appreciation Program was one of Tulga's brighter moments, and I'd hope strongly that it's just on temporary hiatus.
    Sorry, but i hope the contrary - as i always thought that program was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Sorry, but i hope the contrary - as i always thought that program was wrong.
    why is that ? i dont see anything wrong with it (no it does not apply to me)

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    why is that ? i dont see anything wrong with it (no it does not apply to me)
    Wrong for the same reason materinity leave is "wrong" (lemme finish before the bashing starts)

It is preferential treatmet for one "random" group over another. Now, I love the fact that companies are required by law to allow mothers of newborns time to start raising their new child without fear of loosing their job. That's a good thing. But what about the rather large population of single males that have NO intention of EVER having children. Assuming they don't have an accident, why are they excluded from the possiable "vacation" time given to ex-pregenant mothers? By the same reasoning, females that don't want kids, are too old to have kids, whatever. Married couples that never want kids. Same gender couples that by definition can't have kids (ignores fancy science for female couples.)

I know a lot of preferential treatment gets thrown round in life. Doesn't mean I have to like it. <shrug>
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

The reason I don't like this program is because this only counts for US militairy personel if I'm not mistaken. Sure militairy personel is doing great stuff all around the world but what about firemen, policemen, etc, etc and why just keeping this for US only which makes it just wrong to me.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! !!!

Sometimes... someone will get something in this lifetime, that you will not! Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire
    Wrong for the same reason materinity leave is "wrong" (lemme finish before the bashing starts)

It is preferential treatmet for one "random" group over another. Now, I love the fact that companies are required by law to allow mothers of newborns time to start raising their new child without fear of loosing their job. That's a good thing. But what about the rather large population of single males that have NO intention of EVER having children. Assuming they don't have an accident, why are they excluded from the possiable "vacation" time given to ex-pregenant mothers? By the same reasoning, females that don't want kids, are too old to have kids, whatever. Married couples that never want kids. Same gender couples that by definition can't have kids (ignores fancy science for female couples.)

I know a lot of preferential treatment gets thrown round in life. Doesn't mean I have to like it. <shrug>
    maternity leave (time to raise newborns) is a good thing -- as long as fathers can as well take it. Which they can, in Germany at least. It is a rule that takes the rather special situation of young parents regarding their working schedule in account.

Military appreciation program is something else entirely. There is no link between military service and playing online games.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Last thing about I recall Nafagen said this in the old EI and future of Horizons Post

"I don't know what our plans are for the military program. I've inquired about it and I'll post something as soon as I know."

To my knowledge I don't think he or EI has addressed it yet

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    maternity leave (time to raise newborns) is a good thing -- as long as fathers can as well take it. Which they can, in Germany at least. It is a rule that takes the rather special situation of young parents regarding their working schedule in account.
    Paternity leave is company dependant and not mandated in any laws to the best of my knowledge in the US. </derail>
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    The reason I don't like this program is because this only counts for US militairy personel if I'm not mistaken. Sure militairy personel is doing great stuff all around the world but what about firemen, policemen, etc, etc and why just keeping this for US only which makes it just wrong to me.
    Well, for starters, the EU horizons was administrated by an entirely different service operator. If you had wanted a program like this on Unity, it would have been wise to propose it to GN. All water under the bridge now however.

While I applaud the service of every firefighter, law enforcement officer, EMS and so forth, the fundamental difference between a police man and a Soldier or Marine is that the police man at the end of the day gets to go home to his wife. The Soldier or Marine meanwhile is quite often stationed off in some far away post risking his life and limb in a world of uncertanty so the rest of us can have the liberty of being able to go home at night to our wives and husbands.

I'd say that's worth $12.95.

Well said, Solanaceae!

I most strongly urge EI to reinstate and continue this program. It's a kind and decent thing you can do to make life a little easier for your customers in the service and their families.

Anyone who is upset that someone else is getting something they are not is more than welcome to enlist in the United States armed forces, thereby becoming eligable for a free subscription.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Paternity leave is company dependant and not mandated in any laws to the best of my knowledge in the US. </derail>
    Shame on US laws, then. (end of derail, hopefully)
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

why are they excluded from the possiable "vacation" time given to ex-pregenant mothers?
    vacation?!?!!?

I guess we can all see how many new-borns you've had to take care of!
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

I'll focus on the fundamental things, atleast how I see them (Warning, subjectivity to follow!)

1.) Every soldier decided to take his job. He earns money with it just like everyone else. Furthermore, by rough guessing i'd say that only one-tenth of a percent of US Army is risking his life, the rest is doing job as usual.
    2.) HZ ist hold by EII, a company we know is held by players. No big holding in the back with myriads of Dollars. (In fact the US Army spends those myriads of Dollars)
    3.) EII needs every Dollar it can get to survive long enough to be able to evaluate that game, which everyone adjudicates to have great potential. Some even confess to be addicted by HZ.
    4.) If that Soldier from 1) accepts 2) and 3) to be true, (s)he should say:

Hey, i WANT to pay for playing that game, as i have enough money to support the company that holds it and make sure it gets evaluated to my own benefit.

I'd say that's worth $12.95.
    Well said, Solanaceae ...

The program wasn't only for US Military. I got an account. I did have to directly contact TG and provide proof of service.
    Korth Koragan-

I think the purpose of the military program was more than just 'freebie' for soldiers 'doing their regular job not risking their lives that they choose to sign up for'...among many other things, ie recognition of their service, it also provided a means of communication for soldiers seperated from their families. I know of a few wives/husbands/children that played to stay in contact with their spouses/parents. I, for one, have no problem with this program at all.

Secondly, maternity leave is not a 'vacation'. Hahahaha that really cracked me up, pushing a watermelon through the size of a grapefruit *falls over laughing* and then claiming that 6 weeks (the usual time granted to a new mother post birth) is an undeserved vacation, roflmao, dude come on. Its called recovery, haha, its not some little vaca in Cabo.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Life isn't fair..

And like LaughingOtter stated. If you feel jipped in anyway, you are more than welcome to join up, but then I guess having to travel overseas to protect our country is a little harder then complaining about a military game program that made things a little nicer for some people.

My husband and I enjoyed the military program.. hopefully it will come back in the near future.

Thread Information