Thread: mage quest: Search for Lost lore

Default mage quest: Search for Lost lore

Well, this is the quest your mage trainer gives you once you reach lvl 30. He wants you to go to a place on the peninsula (coordinates are given) and search for lost lore.

You go there and when you approach the place, you get the message 'as if sensing your intent mummies rise from the ground to stop you' and the quest log changes to 'slay the trove's guardians 0/2'.

Now here's the problem: Only one darn mummy dares to show its hideous visage. Its companion never appears. I killed the mummy, the quest log acknowlegdes it ('1/2') and then I run all over the place -- no second guardian.

Tried it 3 times (always took the quest anew), always the same problem of the missing guardian.

Any ideas?

A stupefied gnome
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Had a report from another player on Order who also only found one mummy instead of 2.

I think we can safely say that at the moment the mage 30 quest ist bugged.

a litte workaround that works sometimes:

get a second player who let spawn for you the second mummy and then kill it, maybe the counter will recognize it then...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Another random thought. Have youself and another mage both go out there, NOT grouped. Both of you spawn one, then group really fast and then kill them both. Might just work.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thank you Takora and walkerglassmire -- I'll keep that possibility in mind. Its funny, actually -- using another mage (and being used at the same time) as mummy-bait

I had the same problem when I did that quest some months back; got the first mummy, then searched all around the area, couldn't find the second. I gave up after a while, then went back a few days later, the second one spawned in the quest location, enabling me to complete the quest.

Good luck!

Thank you Gremblthrg!

*with new hope*

Poggle

addendum:

attempted the quest today again together with Silenos, the hoofed mage and we managed to sprout 3 mummies alltogether. So we both (grouped) could finish that quest.

Thanx again for the helpful advice!

Good news
    Gratz to both of you.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

3 for the price of 2. Crazy. Glad to hear it's finishable.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Default Yeah

I had that problem the first time! It seems the mummies have wanderlust... The second time I did it I didn't run past 'em but spotted 'em, and almost immediately they started wandering in different directions.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Default Re: Yeah

I got the mage quest for lost lore at some point, I think relatively recently but could be wrong, and was directed to go to 22300,20900. It is a lovely spot in Central Valley with lots of gems nearby. The quest updated saying I need to slay the trove's guardians but there are none to be found. What do I do now? Will slaying any tier II mummies be adequate?

Default Re: Yeah

Don't think slaying any mummy will work. If I rememeber well they were left of the road a bit uphill but not in plain sight. And not together. Do a bit of wandering around with select nearest enemy hotkeyed.

Anyway, good luck!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: mage quest: Search for Lost lore

I did this a while ago....took 2 attempts. Had to delete and restart as only one mummy spawned first time

so if i don't get them when they first spawn, they will get killed by someone else as wandering nasties and not be available unless i delete and restart the quest?

I had to do the same. Only one spawned. I search for about an hour with no luck finding the second one. Deleted the quest. Got the quest again. Ran back to spot. Both mobs spawned and I killed them.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

well i ascertained today that the bug still exists. i deleted the quest without killing anything, retook it, returned to the spot and only one mummy spawned. i killed it, returned to the mage trainer, deleted the quest and retook it; when i returned to the spot again, two spawns came up. i successfully killed them and got part of a mage's tome when i looted them.

i can't help wondering, if i had deleted it again before looting the tome, if i would have spawned 3 on returning to the spot...

Thread Information