Thread: Sandstone Bluffs: Haunted, or selectively glitchy?

Default Sandstone Bluffs: Haunted, or selectively glitchy?

Alright, I've been playing the game for a while, though this will be my first forums post. It's a fairly long one, too:

I was trying to craft some spellshards down at the bluffs today, and noticed something very odd: There seemed to be a tree sitting right over the crafting machines. Being a curious dragon, I head closer to investigate this, and I am shocked when the whole thing disappears. Had I imagined it? I got a bit closer and noticed that my entire field of view was flickering badly, and the tree was flickering in and out as well. There also seemed to be a 'ghost-me' running in place just in front of the machine hut. Maybe it was haunted?

It was all very disturbing, so I headed back out into the field to dig some stone and settle my nerves as well. However, the flicker-effect was following me, turning me invisible, and 'disappearing' the stone outcroppings, too.

At this point, I figure that re-logging should fix this. I do so, and the flicker stays, though this time it wants me to believe there is a lair entrance over the machines instead. So, I try re-logging again, this time over in Kion. Game loads, no issues, no flickers anywhere. I travle to the Bluffs again, no flickers. I get close to the machines.....and it starts to flicker again. So now i have to wonder: are the Bluffs haunted, or just selectively glitchy? Because no one I've talked to sees the same thing at all.

And, because I though people would get a kick out of this, I have screenshots to prove it. One set of me standing in one spot on the field and turning a circle so you can see what the field is like, and one set of the machines being 'eaten' by the ghost-tree. Follow the link at the bottom to my DevArt gallery, and it's better to start at the bottom of the list and work up. Have fun, and I hope you get a laugh out of this.
    http://khetienn.deviantart.com/gallery/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I've been getting the same thing, so you're not alone. I'll be running along and then I won't be there, but my name and guild affiliation will be. Then I come back in tree bark camo. Then I'm gone again.

Yes, something is seriously wrong in Sandstone Bluff.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Awesome you posted them!

Hey! lol, thats great that you posted those pictures, I was trying to imagine what you were talking about. Man oh man you are seeing some funky things lol.

Have you been eating the mushrooms? That can cause it!

I wonder if this happens on blight and order too.

Then quit dipping into my private stash! :P

*hides the 'shrooms once more around Toku again*

happens to me too. just logout and clear your world_cache manually then log back in and the problem seems to go away.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

weeeeee..... spooky!
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default Re: Sandstone Bluffs: Haunted, or selectively glitchy?

It isn't just happening near the machine. The plots of Sandstone Bluff, right up to the water-edge, are having these same glitches. One difference may be, that out near the beach the sky is alternately filled with a giant tent-canope, and with rippling water (as if walking/living underneath the water). Oh and this is on order, so guessing it is across all shards.
    For the devs: about the same was happening in some area's of another game I have been helping with. It turned out that the .scp mapfiles were being corrupted on the run (kept getting made, in a corrupted way; so clearing cache therefore was no help, it was just made new again). So game-side, not due to driver or helped by clearing any cache. They did get it solved (but don't know exactly how; just that they worked on the files and on the code concerning reading and handling the data correctly; so rather vague description, sorry for that, thats all I heard about it). Could it be something similar for Hz maybe?

Figured I'd weigh in here. I have reviewed this area on Chaos/Order and it doesn't happen for me. I also reviewed it on Genesis (development server) using world development tools and could find nothing wrong. None of the terrain textures there are any different than anywhere else in the world. And none of the trees or the stoneworking structure are any different. Corrupted world cache is the only thing I know of that might cause this.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

This is the same as mentioned elsewhere in the Game Bugs section, Amon, along with screen shots. Come prancing in from the western side of the island or from Genevia and you're fine. HOWEVER, if you port in at Copperton, run over the hills and to the northern smelter, then hike cross country and up the hillside to the eastern masonry hall, things go crazy.

Tent fabric growing, Zexoin turning into a breathing mirror, funky colored characters, flapping second awning, stationary yet running ghosts of yourself, and bodies disappearing or being speckles between a shadow on the ground and a floating name.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information