Thread: North Pole in Istaria?

Wink North Pole in Istaria?

Today on the Order shard we had a visit from Santas Helper. He was giving out goodies and challenged us to find him (no fair looking in the player search, not that he was there anyway, LOL). Well the second time we were supposed to look for him we were told he was at the north pole, hmmmm, now where the heck is that in Istaria? So Sental and I made the rounds looking for the North Pole (which of course one would look for in the north, yes?). Having been given some hints (its cold and there is snow and mountains, LOL) we searched the area around Mahagra, and Trandular and Snowfall, Glaciers, Drift Point, Blizzard's Reach... and couldn't find the North Pole

Now Santas Helper really wanted to be found so he gave some more hints, he saw a guard shack (and I am thinking how does THAT help? cause there are gaurd shacks all over) and it is windy there and... Well Sental gave an ah ha and said Kirasanct! But the grinch stepped in and made him log before he could go look. The grinch couldn't get both of us though and I made tracks to Kira and the plots at Snow Bound and sure enough there was a plot called the North Pole!!! And there I found Santas who then gifted me with a very nice Striped Stocking that I will be able to use for my gathering

and now I will tell you a secret that Santas Helper told me, just don't tell anyone else The North Pole will always be there and if we wander by sometimes we just might see Santas helpers working away

Syl
    Gawd I loved this place!!
    http://nitebird.com/sylvyesplace.html

Default Wow

And I spotted St. Nick on order tonight!

This is tooo cool!

santa must have been feeding the reindeer, no one was home when i finally found the north pole :-(

maybe i should lie in wait to pelt him with snowballs?
    *waits about 2 min before getting distracted and scampering off to other fun in the istarian snow*

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    santa must have been feeding the reindeer, no one was home when i finally found the north pole :-(

maybe i should lie in wait to pelt him with snowballs?
    *waits about 2 min before getting distracted and scampering off to other fun in the istarian snow*
    Trust a gnome to find what everyone is looking for!

Congratz, awdz
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I saw one of his dryads last night by the name of Santas Littlehelper, green wings and decked out in red.

I got 5 gummy maggots and 5 gambling den tokens. This will be fun!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

yippee!!! i found santa's little helper in bristugo, gave him some klava and he was very generous :-)

merry christmas everybody!!!

I find ammazing that we get excited because the dev's disguise themself as santa helper and are handing out gabling token, maggots gummies , gambling token and few other trinkets.

Well it has a good side we know they allive and their is at least 3 of them, as I saw two and Santa was somewhere else.

What about a real good chrismass gift and have a clear explicit message posted on the forums on what will happen in the next 3 months.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

bah humbug, nalrach! ;-)

yes, i found it fun, and will always be happy to have direct contact with those who are the gods of istaria, whatever their form. these ones appear interested in keeping the game fun (presumably till more complex improvements are ready) so yes, i am pleased :-)

Actually the folks doing this are players in disguise. How do I know this? Well, I am a source of some of the goodies being given out and PME/EI stepped to the plate and made much more available. While this is not last year's Xmas Event, it is something and is meant in the spirit of the season. I for one applaud the players who came up with this idea and the folks at PME/EI for helping out. And for those that don't like it, don't think it's enough or have any problem whatever with it I'd have to say 'LIGHTEN UP!!" , or move in with the Grinch. Last time I checked his cave has plenty of room.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Love the presents being handed out. Last night I got a platinum urn and 5 ambrosia 7, this afternoon I received another platinum urn and a small coin bag. It may not be much to a lvl 100 ancient dragon but I really appriciate the thought. Awesome excuse to take a crafting break.

On Chaos we also were given clues to find a very small dryad named Joyeux. The first clue we got was that this little bug was hiding in a field of grass. O.O Second that Joy could see sandy mountains in the distance. Well my biped has spent months out in Heather working on her tailor and weaver. So I had a good idea where Joy was. Flew out there and there was Joy hiding under some kenaf plants. Have to say was kind of hard to see the little dryad, but getting a large striped stocking made up for all the squinting.

I love the games and presents, thank you for your generosity and creativity! Have a Merry Christmas!!!
    Last edited by cinnamon; December 22nd, 2006 at 04:20 AM.
    Cinnamon Schnapps
    100/100/83 Helian Dragon
    "Those deer were like that when I got here. >.>"

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Actually the folks doing this are players in disguise. How do I know this? Well, I am a source of some of the goodies being given out and PME/EI stepped to the plate and made much more available.
    Well thank you verry much for the work. Altough, it does bring to the fact that HZ is player driven and thanks for the hardcore lover of HZ ... this is a good project. Okay cool the dev's have added to your stocking, still thank you to the player, that take the time to spread the xmass spirit & cheers.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Hummm this is news to me, maybe I'll go look for this dryad

Well, I'd like to add my (belated) thanks to the players who are running this, it's a fine idea and Elspeth was very grateful for the big red stocking...though she did look a bit funny hopping around trying to pull it on.

Regards
    Els

I found Joy, handing out goodies in bristugo, Its a great that people have come to make others smile.
    fireworks and some slotbot tokens vegas anyone?

Hope the Sunscope is a big help Joy

It was a pleasure to meet St Nicholas aka Father Christmas! He told me he would always be around for those who hold Christmas in their hearts. He even gifted this old Ancient with a Triple teched Scale of Vengence!!!! And I thought to never see one of those ever again *smiles at fond memories of the dragon crafter who made one for him long ago and the Mate who gifted it to him when he attained his 80th season as an Adventurer . . . .*

Thank you to all who have helped to make this festive season a happy one. I know it put a smile on my face and it is still there!

Icabald Percival Dragon
    GM of the Elder Spirits
    Order Shard (formerly of Spirit)
    Celebrating 3 years in Istaria!

Thread Information