Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote host said:<[email protected]>... No There

Thumbs down Remote host said:<[email protected]>... No There

This has been posted the 1st day it was staated on blight closing but again today 12/26/2006 3:21pm
    Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
    <[email protected]>:
    69.51.102.250 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <[email protected]>... No
    such user here
    Giving up on 69.51.102.250.
    --- Below this line is a copy of the message.
    Return-Path: <*****@yahoo.com>
    Received: (qmail 1058 invoked by uid 60001); 26 Dec 2006 20:08:04 -0000
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
    s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=X-YMail-OSG:Receivedate:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID;

b=AnZts6ZQ06/lZYYanzK2xJwgaC3F5BA64CALTAlNG2yagR0UZi8coiNfpy8Rc md4UnljgvZy2tDahdBPJUOV76RhtHdPuijywrr6+quePgwkU14 PqF9MHMygqsMhM7iru3etSuxmHhZFbZx0csSPfimAR+KL8VaaR FL1zSx1KjI=;
    X-YMail-OSG:
    gzrzp4gVM1lzL3AtZ4TlRSgNAaA_b8Pv6n_xd2hIYIcT0gRysN PFZU8EYqlj1t.TebZhKArwi9qzKc7FaNyeOtIhz3r4ABNVbjey W2ZpF3Jpgrw0dg.n6w--
    Received: from [64.108.180.95] by web37903.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP;
    Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:08:04 PST
    Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:08:04 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: Blight Move to Chaos please
    To: [email protected]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="0-1754876578-1167163684=:838"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    This is still a non working address,
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

One word comes to mind ...

SAD

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Well, again what seems to be normal with them, we have another non-working email for what is another very important issue for some players. And it is not like Embrys is checking in here to see why he is not getting any email. From his public profile, "Last Activity: December 15th, 2006 02:19 PM". You know, I'm kind of getting the sneaking suspicion that they might not care.... But that just might be me....

Well let us all hope that "they" treat the Unity folks with more respect then "they" are treating us "blighter's" on this issue

I was about to say.. If they are willing to throw 80+ characters and their owners paying accounts out the window.. Its kind of scary to think what will happen to live.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Well for me it was 7 accounts
    though i cancelled the main one on the 21st dec I have just attempted to cancel the lighthouse account i had
    that attempt failed
    so i have called the bank and reported the credit card lost
    with the announcement before crissy and the email not working i doubt the powers wanted us anyway

So farewell Blighters I hope you all find happyness no matter where you find yourselves.

Lwc yn Brwydro Deifio

great !!!

i feel a bad taste with this info, i had a similiar issue with GN when i sent them some eMails on all known eMail-adresses

i got no answer but the accounts have been active at least

I'm beginning to see a picture in my mind and it does not look good , not wanting to be a doom slinger but imagine this : Trash Blight so it no longer exist , oops " we " trashed Unity trying to move it onto Blights old servers " gee oops sorry"
    OK so no blight ding -200 odd subs , oops ding no Unity -50-100 subs , we guess what guys snot we not have enough subs to support this game anymore sorry Ding CLANK ,,, hello hello ,,,,,,,

Well, once they get rid of all the multi 100 players, we players without any 100's will have years of playtime that they wont have to do any patches/development for.

It would save them a bundle in development costs.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    I'm beginning to see a picture in my mind and it does not look good , not wanting to be a doom slinger but imagine this : Trash Blight so it no longer exist , oops " we " trashed Unity trying to move it onto Blights old servers " gee oops sorry"
    OK so no blight ding -200 odd subs , oops ding no Unity -50-100 subs , we guess what guys snot we not have enough subs to support this game anymore sorry Ding CLANK ,,, hello hello ,,,,,,,
    That's unnecessarily complicated. Closing down Blight doesn't automatically cancel the accounts and they aren't being paid for the Unity accounts now. If they want to shut down the game, all they have to do is say, "Oh well, we tried" and close the doors. Nobody's going to accuse them of taking a successful game and running it into the ground. I think it's more likely they decided that they weren't going to be in a position to need a test server (which Blight technically is) anytime soon while they try to unscramble the mess they received and Unity was dead as a doornail in the condition it was in. I think they took the best action they could knowing that they were going to piss off a large section of their very small clientiele anyway they went, including doing nothing about it.

but for 90% of Blight servers population if "they" cant give us our vaults our inventory our alts then we cancel accounts. so yes it does automatically cancel the accounts by "their" actions to totally disregard blight players as being of any worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Painless
    That's unnecessarily complicated. Closing down Blight doesn't automatically cancel the accounts and they aren't being paid for the Unity accounts now. If they want to shut down the game, all they have to do is say, "Oh well, we tried" and close the doors. Nobody's going to accuse them of taking a successful game and running it into the ground. I think it's more likely they decided that they weren't going to be in a position to need a test server (which Blight technically is) anytime soon while they try to unscramble the mess they received and Unity was dead as a doornail in the condition it was in. I think they took the best action they could knowing that they were going to piss off a large section of their very small clientiele anyway they went, including doing nothing about it.
    heh actually quite a few different directions come to mind that PME could take that wouldn't *edited* me off, and I imagine not *edited* off quite a few others as well. I am personally not of the opinion that this is the best action. Ah well. What do I know? Very little I'm sure, I have no behind the scenes information. Only the once a month announcement from them, and the ensuing weeks of silence. Silence is definitely something I am becoming accustomed to here. Seems the motto is better to say nothing than say anything at all. *shrug* Not my cup of tea, but again, asking, pleading, demanding....falling on deaf ears it would seem.
    Last edited by Peaches; December 27th, 2006 at 04:01 AM.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I should rephrase that. I think they took what they considered the best course of action. I don't think it was the best way either but I don't know what is possible for them at this time.

For Marshdog, yes, it will cause you and others to cancel (if possible). My point was that it doesn't require any sort of conspiracy or slight of hand for them to close down the game. If they wish to do that, they already have plenty of reason.

edit for typo

True but all this lack of communication, respect for the player base is all fairly slip-shod activity. that will end up making things not good for the future of Hz.

I couldn't agree more.

And for my padding to make the message long enough- pad pad pad pad

True but all this lack of communication, respect for the player base is all fairly slip-shod activity. that will end up making things not good for the future of Hz.
    Where is stated on the EULA that they have to be your puppy devs and answer every ticket or anything? Nowhere.

The ones who did wrong were the Tulga guys, I know of people who would send 2-3 tickets per week and expect / demand prompt answer or they'd come wail on the forums on how careless they were.

Well, the new guys are of the "We run a business, we won't pamper anyone anymore" which is much less "user friendly" but without running in 1000 contrasting fixes etc. asked by individuals they will do like others (like Blizzard) do: make a summary of only the most asked features / issues and "silently" issue patches / upgrades.

Or maybe they won't even make patches and just don't care, but still it's written nowhere that they have to care of anyone and probably prefer that those with uneasy nerves just quit than having to comfort them every week (because it's what happens, one week the devs answer and all seem happy but the next monday the players are again shouting that the company does not care of them because "too much time has passed").

Tulga / AE and their ways are over and dead, deal with it after so many months you should know better.

You think maybe Blizzard does that because they have over a million players?
    When your player base is shrinking it would help to go through the effort to transfer characters to somewhere else when you are shutting down something, rather then issuing a dead email and saying it'll all be fine. And that does not really fit well in this case, what does blizzard care if they shut down a server and lose a few thousand accounts? they have over 6.5 Million.
    At this point I could care less if this company says or does nothing to the public, I liked working with the old developers, I liked testing, now we have neither, and now we lose our main accounts and the enjoyment of just plain continuing them, accounts that were forged out of hard work, not a simple database edit by developers.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    Where is stated on the EULA that they have to be your puppy devs and answer every ticket or anything? Nowhere.

The ones who did wrong were the Tulga guys, I know of people who would send 2-3 tickets per week and expect / demand prompt answer or they'd come wail on the forums on how careless they were.

Well, the new guys are of the "We run a business, we won't pamper anyone anymore" which is much less "user friendly" but without running in 1000 contrasting fixes etc. asked by individuals they will do like others (like Blizzard) do: make a summary of only the most asked features / issues and "silently" issue patches / upgrades.

Or maybe they won't even make patches and just don't care, but still it's written nowhere that they have to care of anyone and probably prefer that those with uneasy nerves just quit than having to comfort them every week (because it's what happens, one week the devs answer and all seem happy but the next monday the players are again shouting that the company does not care of them because "too much time has passed").

Tulga / AE and their ways are over and dead, deal with it after so many months you should know better.
    No game has a EULA that says every ticket will be answered. Good business sense and good customer service skills are what tells you that you have to answer every ticket, even when the answer is no. There's a big difference between catering to every whine that your customers can come up with and communicating effectively with the people whose money you want. I wasn't around much for AE/Tulga so I don't know or care what they did but EI/PME isn't communicating effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    It's called "respect". It's called "serving your paying customers". If I ran my accounting business the way EII has run Horizons, I would have run all my clients off by now.

It's absurd the way we are treated, and yet we continue to pay for the privilege of being treated this way... I have 2 accounts that get charged every month, but I cringe every time I log in, wondering if the billing system will finally have banned me since it doesn't think I have a subscription, and the deadline was 2 weeks ago. I shouldn't have to feel that way. I should be able to rely on the devs to tell me what's going on and when things will be fixed. But they simply choose not to talk to their customers. It boggles the mind some times.

the eula is nonsense - only to frighten little childs

oh no you are right ^^

The developers dont have to do anything to earn their money! the dont have to put the servers online, to invent new content, to upgrade the game...

we have no rights, only to pay money.

to get our money they dont have to give anything back.

they can delete our chars/plots/invents/vaults...
    they can bring the server down without reason and we have still to pay for this time
    they can ignore us
    they can ignore support

have i missed anything?

Thread Information