Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unity Transfer

Garfonso:
    I always appreciate your realistic, precise and logical comments and inputs.

It`s always of avail for those like me- who are not so deep in that technical things.

I esteem your constructive efforts to keep the commnity of Unity alive and motivated.

You better don`t leave us-the 2 dragonesses will fetch you back- and you don`t want that

Happy NEW YEAR, Master CAT- we love you

and HAPPY NEW YEAR, Luca

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    When incorrect information are spread and reported as truth, from my point of view it is needed to correct them (and that's everything that has been done with my post above).

Legal aspects of business, just like other aspects of the business, are not for public knowledge. For sure they would make things easier understand for the players, but as said not everything can be shared in public.
    *sigh*

An explanation (nay, even an acknowledgement) about lack of support (= tickets that went unanswered for months) would certainly not have been impossible due to that secrecy necessary for business.

It was the reason why I left Unity in the first place. But enough of that. Hopefully, soon you won't need anymore to keep information from horizons players, for you won't have anything to do with them anymore.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    When incorrect information are spread and reported as truth from my point of view it is needed to correct them (and that's everything that has been done with my post above).

Legal aspects of business, just like other aspects of the business, are not for public knowledge. For sure they would make things easier understand for the players, but as said not everything can be shared in public.
    The problem with your post Luca is that first of all it contradicts your stance on several aspects of the Horizons saga. Thankfully for me all we need do is point people at things like your post history on both these forums and the Game Network forums - then there's also the Tazoon.com posts (yes I still have that forum backup). So when you're going to post something, make sure it isn't an entire contradiction of what you have stated in the past.

You are unwilling to speak openly about the history that left EU Horizons in a mess because you know the moment you start getting into the details, there's a big risk that someone from AE or Tulga might step up to bat. All you do is tease players with little bits of information that might be perceived to be true if looked upon in a certain context (but certainly not the context that all Horizons players see things in). You feel safe because you think that there is no-one willing to stand up to your claims that the players will take seriously.

Unless you are willing to share the truth, the whole truth with the players then you will always be the only contradictory factor against everything else I have learnt in my time playing Horizons.

Take care Luca.

Edit: Pesky typo fairy, I'm going to swat her with the keyboard in a moment...
    Last edited by Tzael; December 31st, 2006 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    The problem with your post Luca is that first of all it contradicts your stance on several aspects of the Horizons saga. Thankfully for me all we need do is point people at things like your post history on both these forums and the Game Network forums - then there's also the Tazoon.com posts (yes I still have that forum backup). So when you're going to post something, make sure it isn't an entire contradiction of what you have stated in the past.

You are unwilling to speak openly about the history that left EU Horizons in a mess because you know the moment you start getting into the details, there's a big risk that someone from AE or Tulga might step up to bat. All you do is tease players with little bits of information that might be perceived to be true if looked upon in a certain context (but certainly not the context that all Horizons players see things in). You feel safe because you think that there is no-one willing to stand up to your claims that the players will take seriously.

Unless you are willing to share the truth, the whole truth with the players then you will always be the only contradictory factor against everything else I have learnt in my time playing Horizons.

Take care Luca.
    If there are contradictions then it would be very kind of you to expose them, otherwise everything you said about my post can be said exactly about yours as well... since you seem to be unwilling to speak any truth about this apart from the usual rumours spreading, which sadly doesn't make any truth.

Why I can not speak about everything regarding Horizons has nothing to do with my will (which on the contrary would be very high, but that's just my personal feeling and that has nothing to do with the job I'm doing for the company). You perfectly know that and that's why you like to play with this point this much to pursue your good old personal crusade (why don't you go and insult me like the worst drunk trucker as you like to do when you speak in private and have no public to impress? I keep logs and backups too, you know... ).

I also have this feeling that no one will ever step up to bat anything.

I have no interest to feel safe, my only interest is to say what I can whenever it is needed... especially if it is to correct wrong information posted in public by some who have no knowledge about this whole issue.

Now... enjoy your New Year's Eve, sir.

Can't we just stop this senseless debate? It leads to nowhere. I don't care who'se fault it was - if any - it doesn't change anything. It's not that I could go to court for some lawsuit or whatever. It's not that worldpeace depends on it. It's just very very VERY annoying and not exactly the best way to spent the last day of the year.

Best wishes to you all!

I WOULD like some information about the FUTURE though!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

WTF is going on? Ya think ppl will take ya seriously after all the BS with Game Network? Yeah TulgAE are the ones who stopped GN answering tickets. Theyre also using mind control techniques to make the hamsters powering the servers work harder. Ya whgatever Luca your game is to find noobs who dont know GN and make them believe that GN is cool and stuff.
    Bad customer service was always easy for GN and blaming TulgAE makes it much easier when GN run out excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi
    Can't we just stop this senseless debate? It leads to nowhere. I don't care who'se fault it was - if any - it doesn't change anything. It's not that I could go to court for some lawsuit or whatever. It's not that worldpeace depends on it. It's just very very VERY annoying and not exactly the best way to spent the last day of the year.

Best wishes to you all!
    I second this (and I hope that this won't be needed anymore).

Thank You , Sigi

I agree- there`s nothing more to say

It's the past leave it be Tzael, if you dont like to play hz anymore it's sad for you. But you DON'T need to jump on other players who still enjoy horizons. There is no point if you destroy their community feeling and drive them off.

Sadly I have this seen often happening to hz players, former addicted, they begin to hate horizons and their players and want also to make them sad. Very sad ineed. Stop that silly bashing. If you don't play horizons anymore, let the players who play hz their fun and let em be. (My last paragraph was now for all former hz players who like to annoy and bash the players that still play. )

But i guess every mmo has such players. But that creates a never endig circle of hatred and sadness.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default very well said

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    It's the past leave it be Tzael, if you dont like to play hz anymore it's sad for you. But you DON'T need to jump on other players who still enjoy horizons. There is no point if you destroy their community feeling and drive them off.

Sadly I have this seen often happening to hz players, former addicted, they begin to hate horizons and their players and want also to make them sad. Very sad ineed. Stop that silly bashing. If you don't play horizons anymore, let the players who play hz their fun and let em be. (My last paragraph was now for all former hz players who like to annoy and bash the players that still play. )

But i guess every mmo has such players. But that creates a never endig circle of hatred and sadness.

And very very true. Those of us that chose to stay on, don't need to be bashed, insulted, beat up. Let us do what we enjoy, after all, we are paying for our accounts, ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    And very very true. Those of us that chose to stay on, don't need to be bashed, insulted, beat up. Let us do what we enjoy, after all, we are paying for our accounts, ultimately.

its a two way street and the post you responded to had merit.

But likewise the fantypes JUMP all over anyone who even says something minutely negative about the game or really in this case about its current owners. Cause lets be blunt NO ONE really bashes the game, no one really talks negatively about the game. The game itself has its many weaknesses but obviously brings some value to those that still play it. But pretty much most talk is about PME/EII and how bad they are running the game.

So whereas the heavy bashing may bring some of you down and I guess it should. You all likewise are just as insulting and demoralizing to those that might want to improve the game. To those that know kissing arse isnt going to get the game anywhere. Change ONLY HAPPENS when it has proven to become uncomfortable and inconvient. It NEVER happens when everyone is running around with pink bunny tails and fluffy shoes praising the games miracles. Its simply not profitable to make money costing changes if everyone is happy now is it ?

remember there is a definite and literal touche to the arguement as to why people bash the precious. One in which you have no counter at all whatsoever. There are extremes to both sides. Instead look to the middle.

btw touche :P

Default Heh

It all depends on how they address their issues on the boards. If they post when angry, ultimately, they undermine themselves.

Horizons is far from perfect. I accept that. I still enjoy it tremendously, as I am sure many of us do.

Beating a dead horse, even deader, doesn't get anyone anywhere fast.

Jest my two cents!

isn't this thread supposed to be about the unity transfer, and what is going to be happening with it? please can we get back to what the unity folks are hoping for, and any updates on progress?

Default Agreed

The subject has strayed, as it sometimes will.

Meanwhile, I do hope that all works out for the Unity players.

Bite, THEN think...

- oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thumbs down

I slowly begin to believe that the Unity players where forgotten by the gods and specially by PME........
    How is it possible that absolute no information can be released what is going to happen to the shard ? If there is happening something..... or not....

Knud

they took down blight last week to do testing and conversion of unity to a new shard in the states, and you're saying they've forgotten the unity players?? i know it's hard when it's your own character up in the air, but please understand the blight folks were hit much harder, and that unity appears to have a future.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    and that unity appears to have a future.
    no its up in the air

the announcement said they were testing to see if a transfer was VIABLE. That says to me and to anyone that it is still not for certain.

As mentioned it was the wording of if all that has people concerned.

The 20 or so people on Blight im sure will recover.

They stated quite clearly, what they are doing, currently... I would say it was much clearer than other announcements...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information