Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Issues January 13, 2007

Default Chaos Issues January 13, 2007

Please post any issues with Chaos here.

I locked the other threads, to attempt to have posters from chaos post here. Thanks!
    Last edited by Peaches; January 13th, 2007 at 09:49 AM.

For me killing any enemy is fine and looting however no boss will loot successfully. A boss is any named monster type e.g. nugrok the fire ogre or gnaar the fire pygmy.

I have noticed that bosses will loot in the instance that their loot only contains components or hoard. I am assuming something is buggered with it if a formula drops. When i hit the loot key i get the coin for the kill but no window pops up. This was checked in game with others killing and looting bosses ALL are experiencing it.

Half the formulas are screwy. I tried to construct a reklar's tail scale and all i see is gathering formula details under the formula. It does not show the requirements and only says none in all sections (tool, machine etc)

Changing to khutit form is severly lagged. You can click it a few times then wait 2 mins before you actually go khutit. This was checked with other players in game and ALL are experiencing it.

Vault access times are increased drastically.

Login times seem excessive.

Splitting items in inventory takes time to show up. I'm talking 1-2 mins or more.

My tolerance for it grows thin. I think it would be a good idea if EI at least acknowledged these problems on the board. Its fine and dandy that we have them and we constantly report them but without acknowledgement or posts from owners/devs that say they were fixed its really not worth reporting on. Especially when lag seems to be a common problem that is just growing by the day. But thats my 2 cents which i believe i am entitled to.
    Last edited by Krakkanoth; January 13th, 2007 at 10:07 AM.

Default And the walls came tumbling down...

Since my lair was locked up thanks to the last set of issues, we got the materials ready to finish my last machine. When the reboot was done and lairs back up, we were right on to finishing it up. Just now I put the last of the lattice on my stone cutter, making it finaly pop in. When it did though... it broke the lair. My properties page was a blank sheet except for the cutter I had just poped, and trying to activate the machines caused no response. Reopening the window just gave me a completely blank properties, as did relogging. IE... back to the way things were a few days ago.... again. x.x

I found something interesting though. As I went through my lair... opening up the properties on the unfinished chambers manualy... they would not only load, but also populate onto my main property page.. listing in the planning window, as well as in the contruction window. On the main window though, the npc activation was showing (an unbuilt connie, giving me an activation option). Wacky.

So yeah.. raising my claw as to having a broken lair again. Second time this week. Anyone else sucessfully or unsucessfully pop a chamber since restart? or is this just me with bad luck?

100/100/100 Ancient Dragon of Chaos
    ~The Ancients~

Default Chaos Issues

I logged in, still some issues with creating items, monster looting for boss is not working correctly. Notified the players that I would recheck in an hour or so to see how chaos is doing.,

lol

ok do you not get it ?

Horizons is 60 percent game code 40 percent monster huge database. Perhaps the largest in the MMO world say for now Vanguard.

Maintenance procedures are not being done correctly. I suspect they are missing critical steps during maintenance.

Why is order fine ? or at least functioning better than chaos ?

Cause chaos database is much much much larger than Orders. If the same steps and procedures are being missing on Order its only a matter of time before it starts happening with order as well. These issues compound the more they aren't being addressed and taken care of.

My point ? You can create thread after thread outlining chaos issues that entail the exact same reports but its not going to do anything. Its obvious PME/EII is still learning how to carry out maintenance. Till they do outlining the issues will not do anything because any and all issues stem from one central problem that has existed for many months now and has finally compounded into a 3 eyed green monster that is ravaging PME/EII's maintenance times.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I logged in, still some issues with creating items, monster looting for boss is not working correctly. Notified the players that I would recheck in an hour or so to see how chaos is doing.,
    I feel so much happier now that I know you are going to check on Choas. I am sure that this will resolve the continuing and repetative issues

Els

Fighting LL Golems - all looted fine.
    Fighting undead at Observatory - loot window would come up for only about 50%.

Default Chaos issues

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth
    I feel so much happier now that I know you are going to check on Choas. I am sure that this will resolve the continuing and repetative issues

Els
    No, it wont resolve the continuing problems, but , if it is serious enough, I can alert EI to the problems, if that is not good enough for you, then I am very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    No, it wont resolve the continuing problems, but , if it is serious enough, I can alert EI to the problems, if that is not good enough for you, then I am very sorry.

you obviously have a direct pipeline to EII

For the good of the game and the remaining few perhaps you should ask them what is going on ?

cause no one has heard anything from EII in a very long time. It might help... maybe.

Chaos going down for maintenance... hopefully this will solve it

Default Chaos Issues

All I do is report the issues, and they do what they have to do. They are aware of the problem, and are working on it. As you know, Chaos is going down for maint, and will be down for aprox 2 hours. I truly hope this helps.

I'm pretty glad that there is someone with at least a one-way communication channel to EII to alert them if something breaks down... I still shudder remembering that time when Unity was down for one whole weekend and nobody in GN seemed to have noticed and the Unity players had no way to tell them.

I keep fingers crossed for the Chaos shard (and please don't succumb to the temptation to bash poor Peaches -- I'm pretty sure the cat-mistress does her very best to help).
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Red face my 2 copper

i could not get in last night after a Loooooooong day of work needed to beat up some golems meh thought it was a small amount of bad luck .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Ty

Thanks Peaches for taking your time to monitor and report on Chaos issues, it's much appreciated and without your efforts over weekends and after work hours, we'd all be suffering through the issues for a lot longer! I'm glad we were able to get a restart on a Saturday, thanks to your help instead of having to wait until Monday.

After the restart, things are much improved, but there is still lag at times. Thanks for the restart though, as it is much much better.

Peaches, I think it very kind of you to take on the responsibility of monitoring Chaos and trying to help the players there.

However, I find it exceedingly disturbing that a forum moderator is the only one with direct access to EII, and the only one they deign to communicate with. Frankly, Peaches is not our community manager, s/he have not been ackowledged as an official spokesperson for the company...it is not even her/his home shard! While I congratulate Peaches for going far above the call of volunteer duty, I absolutely find it the poorest choice for them to remain silent on this. For the life of me, why will they just not spend a few moments to at least comment on the situation! While I'm sure I'd very grateful if I played on Chaos for the moderator's involvement, what is required here is an official word on the situation. This silence is beyond the pale of acceptability.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I think they have talked so some players, in what venue, I don't know; however a few players on Chaos said that they had heard that some of the issues might be related to moving some files that were in the wrong location and/or reorganizing files that should have been logically in a different location.

What actually happened I can't say, as this information came from different individuals, all of whom said they got it directly from the source, however, the explanations were different, so there must have been a different understanding between the different people involved as far as what they heard.

I'm not sure that sentence made much sense, but I'm gonna run with it anyway .

Default Chaos Issues

DarkEnigmaa has logged in and has spoken directly to the players on Chaos. Meanwhile, I will still continue to monitor the shard, in case issues arise. This morning, before I even had a chance to fully log in, was told all is ok. That, indeed, was music to my ears, and kinda funny too. Heh

Glad to hear all is well thusfar!

DarkEnigmaa logs in and talks to people in the MarketPlace channel. The times I've been there when he was on, he didn't say much, but everyone in the channel sure told him what problems they were experiencing

Other than that, and Peaches here, I have seen no contact with EII concerning the problems with our server. These problems are getting worse with each passing week it should be noted. We've had to have 2 restarts since Wednesdays maintenance (and today is only Sunday) and there are still instances of lag here and there, although not like there was.

I think they know about these issues just don't know what to do about them. They are trying to fix things most likely which doesn't seem to be working.

DE was very helpfull the other day trying to help and make sure the problems with the lair of my girlfriend was solved after the reboot and he even checked out another issue we have had with the renaming which he couldn't fix.

So this all shows clearly that there is so much to learn

Thread Information