Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dragons Classes?

Soviet

Default New Dragons Classes?

Greetings, first post thread for me, anyway, when I logged on Horizons, I noticed a few updates. And you can probably check them out for yourself as well, after reading this. I heard a few of my friends from Realm of Chaos, that new dragon classes are coming, so I dug some more info on these new classes, and the new classes are able to be shown right when you log in.

When you log in, and clicking the accept term of agreement. Click Player adventures, and there you will see the new classes. And I'm wondering, is there new classes coming? Or not? Well, I'm just making sure, so I Registered here. And so, the new classes I see are: Quote: "Dragon Warrior, Dragon Cleric, Dragon Wizard, Dragon Mage, etc etc." Well, if anybody has any information on these new classes and have some information. Feel free to post.

-Thank you
    Soviet

Default Re: New Dragons Classes?

Those are remedial classes left over from Beta. They do not exist anymore.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

They might not exist anymore, but I would like to see some of them return and might be good to use in an effort to increase the difference between Helian and Lunus to make most Magic schools Helian only and fighting schools Lunus only.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I think virtually all dragon players would like to see dragon multiclassing. Would get rid of the "I hit level 100/100 and its game over" syndrome.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

That indeed Fireclaw is the only thing I will fear...
    "lvl 100/100 game over syndrome"...
    All that is left after that is go massive hoard crafting to get that up to 25mil... [;)]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Personally, I would prefer an Alternate Advancement system similar but more powerful than what EQ had become available and only available to level100 dragons.

A seperate system would be for both crafting and adventuring, the exp required for each point somewhere around the level 75 mark.

Different teirs of it:

Basic (available to all dragons)
    Faction (different depending on whether you were lunus or helian. Lunus being more melee oriented, Helian more caster oriented)
    Ancient (Available after reaching ancient, obviously. About half would depend on faction, other half would be available to both)

If we got something like this and they made hoard bonuses something that wasnt scoffed at, we would be pretty set. If the AA system was set up correctly, it could be made where it was very difficult to actually max out.
    Vesuvius Veix
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

I totally agree with you on this... Vesuvuis [Y]

If they do this, I hope they do the "most" helians - magic, "most" lunus warriors.

I'm Helian and I melee more than I cast and I know lots of lunus dragons who cast more than they fight. *shrug* I just hope they take into account alternative play styles.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Well I said casting or meleeoriented. The basic abilites would still be there for you regardless of faction. Perhaps a quest could be done to change your default path with the AA system, though, this would be irreversible.

Also, in casting, primal also has access to heal type spells ect. If it was implemented as I would implement it, a helian melee would still be a viable option, it would just play much differently than a lunus melee. The same goes for lunus casters. (Think of these playtypes on a sort of hybrid basis)

Remember too that the AA system is not a school. It is used to fine tune the dragon school and if someone is dedicated enough, they could get a whole lot of things just like a 5x 100 multiclasser.
    Vesuvius Veix

I still think it would be a great way to keep dragons vastly different from bipeds and give us the opprotunuty to continue to progress our character. If you are like me, you have absolutely NOWHERE to go ::chuckle::

Adding in schools also creates a slew of problems... to be honest, at this point, it is too late for that unless there were prestige schools available at level 100. In that case, it could work out. I still think the AA system would be a more interesting way of doing it though.
    Vesuvius Veix

Never played another MMORPH so have no experience with other ways to advance than themulti-class system here in Horizon.
    What I am also interested in is that I would get more health points since once a dragon hits lvl 100/100 there is no further advancement apart from using TP or using healthscales...
    While in the multi-class system bipeds have they keep growing there hp up to 3500+...
    I am kinda jealous about the extremely high healthpoints the bipeds are able to get and what dragons are supposed tohave by default once they reach Adult and Ancient...

But how does this AA system work exactly?

First of all, I am yet to run into another character, dragon or biped,with as much HP as I have (and I am still 250hp short waiting for Health V).

The AA system would work much like the current TP system works, though the method of aquiring points is slightly different as well as the reward system.

First, let me explain how you would accumulate points to spend. Lets say AE chose to use the expereince needed to level to 75 to gain a point. You would adventure or craft depending on the kind of AA points you wanted respectively, and each time you 'dinged' you would gain a point and the experience bar would reset to zero again. The experience required to gain a point remains static, no matter how many points you have aquired. You could chose to spend the point right then or save them for more powerful abilites.

You would have a menu of various abilities that you could choose to purchase with your available points. Options in the basic category would cover anything from basic stats and skills (something around 5 to a stat for a single point) to regeneration to generalpassive and active abilities. Each choice would have a cap to the number of points that could be accolated there and some of the more advanced abilities would require lower abilities to already be purchased. (Ex: Regeneration 3 is required before you can get Improved Regeneration that would stack on that).

Stats would always require the same single point for a set amount of statistic, however more advanced passive and active abilities would increase depending on the power of the ability. (Lets say there are three levels of an ability. The first might cost you 3 points, the second 6 points, and the third 9 points for a total of 18 points at T3. The tier 3 ability would be quite a bit better than the tier 1 version).

A Few Examples of Passive abilites:
    Improved Melee damage
    Improved Armor
    Improved Spell Damage
    Increased Area of Effect of Spells
    Increased Range of Spells
    Chance for Effect on attacks
    Improved health %
    Improved Dodge ect

The possibilies are endless.

As you moved up tiers into the faction and especially ancient AA abilites, costs would become higher and the rewards would be much greater and unique.

I hope that helps explain some.
    Vesuvius Veix

/off topic
    like your art soviet[:D]

I think I understand Vesuvius...
    I have seen this sort of thing in some single player games as well...
    Might indeed be nice to implement here...
    But I doubt it will happen...

But another question... what is the tops of health you achieved?
    I saw 2 rating 118(I think)bipeds with both 3500+ hp...
    The highest I saw on a dragon was slightly over 3000, with 400+ TP spend on health and True Grit...

I never said it would happen, I said it would be preferrable :P
    Vesuvius Veix

After I get my new set of scales I will have just under 3600 self buffed. With T5 Biped Buffs I would easily break 4k.

That character you saw with 3500hp probably had surge of health V on as well, which is kind of cheating ;).

Also, I dont use health scales.
    Vesuvius Veix

How do you get so much health Vesuvius? Are all your scales teched with health V tech, + max training points into health, + 3 Aroah's crystals?

I've heard of a biped having 3800 health self-buffed and 2400+ armor self-buffed. I've seen a biped with close to 4k health. I've yet to see a dragon anywhere close to that.

I calculate that with max tps into health, 3 socketed scales with an Aroah crystal in each, and 7 wingscales teched with health V, and true grit V up you should get 3438 health. I don't see how you can get to 3500+ health without health scales, though you could get close with potions.

And you had to sacrifice a lot of other techs to get that health, not to mention spending all those tps.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

It wasnt a dragon I saw with 3500hp... [:S]
    That was a high rating biped... [H]
    The highest dragon I saw was just over 3000 hp... [:P]

I will take a screenshot of it for you then. I have three of the araoh crystals,three 30hp crystals that add health.Half my TPs are spent in health. I use armor scales.

Self buffed I currently have 3318 hp.

I still need to do the wishgiver for another 10 and get Teir V Health Teched scales for another 250.

At that point I will have 3588 which as I said is just under 3600.

In the end, my scales will be teched with Power, Primal, and Health (Double Socket and Speed/Velocity where applicable replacing power/primal).

A biped with 2400+ ac? I find that hard to believe. If it is true, dragons need a serious boost (obvious already but whatever)because even with all T5armor scales, true grit, and a full hoard the best I can get is a little over 1600...

Then again mabey its not so hard to believe. Bipeds got so much more out of T5 gear than dragons. I hate to think of the gap after T6 and blighted biped content is released.
    Vesuvius Veix

The theorie might be correct, but since dragon adults are LARGER then bipeds I really would like to see a much higher amount of hp by default, without the massive use of scales,tech or spells...
    Vesuvius what is your base health?

Thread Information