Thread: Istarian Olympics

Thumbs up Istarian Olympics

Scions will be sponsoring Istarian Olympics!!!

So far, events will include:
    1. Footrace around the crafting road loop on New Trismus.
    2. Hitting a cow to see who can do the most damage in one blow.
    3. Throwing a disk (/random for distance).
    4. Dragons only, a flying race straight up.
    5. Bipeds and hatchlings only, climbing a mountain face.

Top 3 in each category will get a medal (bronze, silver or gold necklace) and a hoard item.

Date/time still being worked out, tentatively looking at the weekend of April 27-29.

Ideas and all who wish to participate are welcome!!!

I really hope that 2. hitting a cow is with a bucket, otherwise it is just cruel and far from olympic.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

maybe we should use the grulets instead? but i don't know if they all have the same rating, and i thought damage that got through would be affected by level, so i figured cows would be easiest as they are all the same level... *sighs and goes back to planning*

I'd be sure to eat the cow after I hit it. mmmmm Cow.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Don't have a cow, man!

(How about a wisp instead?)

*whimpers* those poor, defenseless wisps! i'd rather kill a cow, more uses for a dead cow than a dead wisp... and wisps are so pretty, i find them enchanting!

I agree with Awdz, it is always painful to kill a wisp. They are so pretty Grulets are a good idea, the ones near NT are mostly lvl 1. Would be nice to have crafting events too.

Default Killing Wisps

Those who are opposed to the killing of wisps would do well to boycott the following potions which are made with Kinetic Suspension which in turn is made from tainted essense orbs:

Bolster Dexterity
    Bolster Strength
    Latro's Evasive Aura
    Metal Reaping
    Quint's Quickstep
    Stone Reaping
    Wood Reaping

Unless there is another source for tainted essense than from the harvesting of dead wisps..

Knossos

I think that instead of cows you should use deer.

As we all know that Bambi is evil so deer are evil and should be killed.

Hmm other suggestion: Apple Oastics or how they called, I think they where all lvl 1 or something, can't check myself anyhow. So you don't hurt any animals

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

ooh good idea... there are none on new trismus, but if we hold the different events at different times throughout the weekend, then not all events need to be on new trismus. *goes back to planning*

As far as i remember the oastics where near sslanis at the ranch. (there where also cows, chickens and so on running around)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

There are apple oastics on abandoned isle too.

The low level players that would join would get attuned as part of joining.

That would be a nice thing.

There is something else you could do.

This would ofcourse be for the crafters:

The Istarian Tri Ath Lon :

This is a run through Istaria, buffs and speed boots or wings prohibited!!! (no porting)

The partitioners have to pick up certain items like, 50 minnows from the parsi coast 50 uncut garnet from garnet golems slain and 50 flax from sslanis basin.

Each partitioner wil get a judge whois carrying all required tools (non teched) as dragons don't get to tech their tools.

Depending on how many partitioners there will be there might have to be pouls.

Another game would be The Disk Pull :

This is a run over a set distance with calibrated disks only!!!

This is a team contest with teams of 3.

Player A has to bring a disk to player B who then brings the disk to player C who then runs to the finish.

Default Re: Istarian Olympics

Hoody hoo, I can post again!

So, is there interest in moving forward with this? I'm willing to follow recipes to make snacks for the event even...?

Thread Information