Thread: Port Horizons to Vista

Default Port Horizons to Vista

If we are going to survive and thrive we need new blood. We could get new and old players by porting the game to vista. It can be to complicated if we have players the can it to work some of the time. I know of players that quit when Vista came out. And many new ones can't get in due to Vista. Just my 2 cents worth. HappensOnlyToMe
    Nodaken

Default Re: Port Horizons to Vista

This is indeed an important point.
    If it's true that a new client is developped and is going to be pushed onto blight, before it's release to live, it may be interesting to look onto this point.

We might have soon some informations concerning everything that's going to be work on.

A bit of patience is required, but you're right to talk about that

I would like to see help with this two but I am willing to wait till some of the bigger problems get fixed.

The Vista issue seems like it's a simple fix, I ran the game just fine with the Vista betas. Someone call Jason Eubank and get him a-crackin'.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Lightbulb Re: Port Horizons to Vista

Have folks had a chance to review the contents of this other thread?

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16150

As I do not have Vista (And am I not a lucky dragon? ), I cannot attest to the effectiveness of the suggestions therein, so YMMV.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Yes I have tried all the ideas that were posted for Vista. Can get it to work at most was once then back ctd's again. But thanks for pointing out the thread. HappensOnlyToMe
    Nodaken

I do have vista, and I do still play Horizons, my solution was to dual boot my PC with Vista and XP so that if I am in the mood to play Horizons I reboot and choose the XP partition, for many, though not all, other applications I boot to Vista.

Drelohan

Thread Information