Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange charge on my checking account!

Default Re: Strange charge on my checking account!

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    ...but i am still hesitant to do so until i have 100% confirmation that the handover is complete and EII no longer has any legal connection with the game.
    Should be clear by now that this is exactly the case - Virtrium are in charge and EII/PME/NGW/WTF have zero connections to Horizons.

And I am guessing it would have been a "hostile takeover" so to speak. As we've heard EII had a "get the game now, pay later" deal with mr. Baker. Only, the latter half of the deal was never completed (some rumors seem to claim not a single dollar was ever paid) so Virtrium, I assume, put some real cash on the table, which led to mr. Baker cancelling the contract and selling the IP to Rick & co instead. Just my assumption, but this seems the most likely scenario.

As for the fraudulent charges, dispute them! Those guys have scammed enough money already. It may be just .99 but it is the thought that counts.
    Last edited by Varangaard; August 20th, 2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: hi there! why you're reading these notes?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus View Post
    Fact: Any charges on your CC from EII is NOT going to the current and legal owners of HZ.

EII = doesnt exist anymore. Remember the PME "buyout"? Remember the PME sale to some other company..
    My statements have been showing a monthly payment of $12.95 it EII for quite some time. Never changed to another name after PME bought EII. I am supposed to be paying 4X$12.95 a month. Never was fixed. I never tried to fix this because of all the problems with billing. I didn't want to suddenly be charged 8X$12.95 or whatever. I seem to be the only one in my family playing anymore so I figured I would wait until they finally fixed the billing and then contact them to pay the rest of the subs.

We are coming up on the usual billing cycle from EII and I will wait and see if they try to pull more money. If they do, then I will dispute it. However, the $.99 charge I am not going to pursue at this time because I personally do not know when the actual sale took place and for all I know EII could have still been in posession of the game at that time and since they were not billing correctly.....I will just have to wait and see. I was just curious if anyone else had the same charge.

There is a good chance that the .99 are charges just waiting for them to round up all the good cards they can and bomb them all at once. Obviously they don't know how to preauth the cards properly. They also might just rip you off slowly, because these guys are nothing but bottom feeders and small time crooks and who is going to miss a buck here and there? Who is going to get motivated to complain about that?. At any rate I would put a block to that vendor immediately on my card.
    Luckily I pulled out before they were able to get all the card information.

bleh, just called my bank, apparently they cannot block charges to my checking account, i just have to dispute them as they appear if they are invalid? O.o

whatever, i'm moving saturday and so after that EI won't have valid billing info for me.

I noticed that I was charged that $.99 as well. So... I called up my bank to dispute the charges and they put me in touch with PBT who handled the transaction. Apparently that .99 is for a monthly subscription to www.gamershaven.com in which, I'm quite sure, that none of us want to be a part of, since it be run by EII/PME/Whoever owns it now.

I also found out, as I don't read my bank statement monthly.. that them scammers have been billing me for the 6month sub since I terminated my accounts back in November... Billed a month after my normal billing cycle apparently so I would miss the bill, which of course I did, because I was looking for it in November/December.. and they both hit in Jan... Go figure...

Anyway.. I unfortunately cannot get the $100+ from the Jan bill, but gettin my 100+ back from the July charge as well as my $1.98 for the 2 subs for the GamersHaven place... Why would anyone need/want 2+ subs for that place... Call PBT.. and dispute the charges... and do it soon. otherwise you will be billed again for another .99 each account you had on HZ, as they told me it was a recurring bill.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Gamershaven.com isn't even a real website. It's a squat....

it -used- to be a real website. guess EI still can't keep up with their bills...

What is the phone number to PBT so that I can make sure this is taken off my acct. If that is the case, I never subscribed to anything. I wonder if there are enough of us that have thoroughly had it with EII and can file a civil lawsuit against them. Not that we would get anything out of it, but maybe we can ban them from ever doing business again under any name. Just a thought.

Also I just wanted to say that I put in a ticket to see if I could change my name on the boards to Anatha, like my in game character and received a prompt reply. Unfortunately I would have to create a new account but I was happy to have had the reply so quickly. I think so far the "new/old" owners are really trying to get the game and the community back to the way things used to be.

The phone number should be on your Credit Card statement.. if it is not, you should be able to get the information from your Card company, as I did. There is a thread here on the forums that does contain the PBT phone number, but I don't have the link anymore as I deleted it earlier this morning, not thinking I would need it again.

found it.... http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15470
    Last edited by Fratricide; August 21st, 2007 at 02:46 AM. Reason: added the link to Pay by Touch info
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

and this is a tyypical andercheck scam
    i warned you all back when the overbilling started but my forum account was banned
    my long standing dispute with Ei (and some-one else) can be found at rants forum

Thread Information