Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Word useage

Default Re: Word useage

Aye, I do that "useage" thing all the time. Normally the spell check catches it, but spell check doesn't function in the title of a thread unless you specifically tell it to do so.

That "its" and "it's" misusage (almost did it again:P. Stupid e.) bugs me too. I'm not a total Grammar Nazi, but there are certain things which make me twitch.

Default Re: Word useage

Quote Originally Posted by Whysp View Post
    Sure they're "orbs". Of course, so're mammary glands, according to some of the roleplayers I've watched. And eyes are also "glimmering windows to the soul". And hair is "flowing waterfalls of auburn tresses." It can be fun to watch people try to describe their characters. It also makes me giggle when they try to extend their descriptive posts every time they make an action, as if it'd make the scene more enjoyable to wait ten minutes for a ten second action.

Remember, people, in text RP "waves a hand dismissively" is just as effective as "lifts her delicate, bejeweled hand. She waves it absently, allowing the perfumed smoke of the room to swirl around her elegant fingers, kissing the laquered nails, as if caressing a beloved treasure. She then slowly lowers her hand, no longer paying attention to the one that lost her favor."
    Hehe, I think you will get a kick out of this: http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20040813.html

Thread Information