Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dragon Wars

Default Re: Dragon Wars

I know I'm late but... eh.

Can't say I enjoyed D-Wars. The cgi was great, so I hope the graphics team got a nice paycheck. Acting was horrid (a few characters were awfully calm for being chased by an ungodly huge snake, and there wasn't a lot of feeling or emotion in some of the things that were said or done).

A friend of mine said it was the best comedy he had ever seen. I had issues with 50cals not hurting anything, or the lack of tactical planning on the "military's" part.

But I'm glad they got the number of toes right on the dragon.

FYI, that's actually a korean Dragon. You have the chinese, japanese, and korean lungs, and you usually tell the difference between the three by the number of toes they have. Japanese have three, Korean have four, Chinese have five. The reasoning behind the number of toes depends on which culture you ask.

My species is called the Sanishi (http://www.freewebs.com/lieander/index.htm) and I've worked my butt off on just scratching the surface of their existance. It took me a few months to get the site together, and that was over a year ago, but I know I'm very protective of the idea. So I can simpithise (sp?) with Mrs. McCaffrey.
    Anne McCaffrey was "but an old granny" before the following events happened:

- Multiple M.U.D. game liberally and literally taking off her books to bolster their spread using Pern's worlds, ages and characters as catches.

- Several artists reproducing the Pern dragons without even asking permission.

- One girl (iirc the "last straw" that started it all) started wide spread selling Pern art and other assets as it was her own stuff and claimed on it.

Warned by her lawyer, she started menacing / sueing sites, MUDs, rogue artists and so on. Dee happened to be unfortunate enough to be caught in the cross fire, thus he started his own and unique "species" and tutorials about creating them and so on.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Warned by her lawyer, she started menacing / sueing sites, MUDs, rogue artists and so on. Dee happened to be unfortunate enough to be caught in the cross fire, thus he started his own and unique "species" and tutorials about creating them and so on.
    Eh, Dee is a _she_.....

But yes, Dimar rules, I agree there. Very nice idea, I never liked the Pern idea, that dragons are mindless and unable to live without riders, I find that _very_ demeaning to dragons, and that's why I was never a fan of Pern, or anything to do with Pern.

My personal view of Dragons, is that they are strong, proud, majestic creatures that are slaves to _no one_, they are not pets, they are not flying steeds, and they sure as heck aren't mindless.

I like the direction Dee Dreslough took things, while Dimar aren't true "dragons", they were dragon enough for me to greatly enjoy her work, and her making her work GNU is all the better! She might not get rich off of it, but she started an idea that Everyone can enjoy, as long as they give her credit for the original idea.

Thread Information