Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Comments About EI Billing Post

Default Re: Comments About EI Billing Post

Hehe, I think it's funny that my blog post from September of 2006 http://outofthemouth.blogspot.com/20...-to-steal.html keeps popping up. I haven't even updated that blog in a long time (maybe I should!)

I, for one, am willing to give VI the bennefit of the doubt on this issue. It's obvious EII is to blame for our grief. On the billing issue it appears to me that accounts are being canceled and refunds are getting issued. As I posted, this has occurred for me without my taking any action. I have payed for a new subscription with VI which I think is totally my responsibilty and duty under the circumstances. I've heard a lot of camplaining and name calling which I started to buy into but the reality is what it is, jump the hoops, log on and get a new subscription with VI and lets get back on track and make Horizons the great game we know it is. VI has already impressed me with the action they have taken to date. Remember how long the game hung in limbo with EII in control? I feel hope and excitement for the future of Horizons and give VI 100% of my support.

VI !!!! VI !!!!! YAHOO!! Thankyou VI for rescuing Horizons from a fate worse than death.

Now Community stop complaining and start paying and playing!

Halacious/Anakan

"Life is too short! Enjoy each moment in Istaria. Stand together and we can overcome our challenges and save Istaria, land where Dragons soar and Hope's Spring's Eternal."

Ugh.. just what I was afraid of, on the 5th, EI Interactive charged my account for $12.95 at the completion of the free trial, and there was no way for me to cancel the account because it wasn't listed when I went to cancel cause it wasn't even EI at the time.

I didn't deal with PayByTouch at all, never even heard of them, so can someone help me with what I need to do in this case? I've never had to dispute a charge before or any of that. I'm a banking newbie.

Read this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16492 and call PayByTouch they know whats going on and should be able to help you. Or follow the other info in the above link.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Read this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16492 and call PayByTouch they know whats going on and should be able to help you. Or follow the other info in the above link.
    Alrighty. So PayByTouch was handling the charges, even though I don't recall dealing with them directly? I'll give them a call then, hopefully that can get things sorted out.

Edit: Just got off the phone with them and sorted it out, das gewd. They'll issue the refund and the account was cancelled like it was supposed to be so I needn't fear ongoing charges. And heck, mebbe I'll pick up a grandfather rate account, I have some actual cash now I can do that with
    Last edited by Errick; September 9th, 2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: rectified!

I have/had? a 6 month that is supposed to charge sometime this month. I have already called PBT and they informed me that the accounts were cancelled. Apparently my upgrading to ayearly at the special rate Tulga was offering a couple of years back didn't take until this year and the upgrade was showing as a seperate account. I assume I have to resubscribe to the game thru paypal prior to the grace period ending in order to at least keep the $65.70 6 month price?

I just spoke to them and they said we should call 866-609-4729, not the number that has been communicated here. They also said that allof the accounts have now been cancelled since they got swamped with calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthal View Post
    I just spoke to them and they said we should call 866-609-4729, not the number that has been communicated here. They also said that allof the accounts have now been cancelled since they got swamped with calls.
    Awesome Xanthal. This is one of the few examples I've seen of customer action making a real difference, forcing PbT/iPay to cancel everyone's account even though they weren't going to of their own accord.

I wouldn't accept that as "Done and done" for myself. I would still call them and verify that MY account was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    I wouldn't accept that as "Done and done" for myself. I would still call them and verify that MY account was closed.
    And that whole "cancelling the accounts" thing probably doesn't include a refund. But at least no one else is going to get illegally charged by EII. Hopefully:P.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Virtrium LLC is composed of Rick Simmons (CTO of what used to be Artifact Entertainment and Tulga Games), Amon (Chaos Worldmaster and lead programmer) and Reyem (Tulga Games CSR).
    Wow, Amon sure got a promotion! ;-)

(he was lead designer at the time of the sale to EI)

I think he is also Janitor, Chef, and VI's part-time Pirate

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

SMEGLOR! PLEASE tell me you're coming back, too!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I'm afraid I have other primary obligations, but I am helping to transfer my knowledge to Virtrium.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor View Post
    I'm afraid I have other primary obligations, but I am helping to transfer my knowledge to Virtrium.
    "Lesson one. This is called a Thumb Tack. It only goes on Corkboard ...REYEM PAY ATTENTION! THIS IS FOR YOUR BENEFIT YOU KNOW!... Thumb Tacks are not, I repeat, *not* to be sat on, or placed in other people at any time."

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor View Post
    I spoke with the developer who mind melded with Smeglor yesterday. Not saying there is, but if an update goes to Blight soon (foreshadowing), then we'll know the mind meld was a great success.

Horizons CS

*nods* To Horizons CS. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Smeglor would somehow, support Horizons, given his other obligations. Way to go Smeglor!

I'm really annoyed now, What will happen to my $ 53.70 special plan that I took advantage of years ago for 6months of play. I'm going to lose that completely since the Horizon site tells me I have no account and if I want another 6months it's roughly $77. Is there any way to get back the $ 53.70 special?

That 30% of thing was suppose to be a one time thing DLMyth. Besides, that was Tulga. That was 3 companies ago.

Look I don't care if it was 5 companies ago, I want my grandfathered subscription. I don't check the boards much and I got an email on 9/17. Doesn't help much if the grandfathered special ended on 9/15th. So I had to subscribe again before I lose my lair which would really piss me off if that happens. It's just a simple matter of Virtrium LLC editing my account to have grandfathered status. Not asking for the world just for them to fix my account and get the 6month $65.70 special that I normally get.
    Last edited by DLMyth; September 18th, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

Thread Information