Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance taking longer than normal?

Default Maintenance taking longer than normal?

Am I wrong or is maintenance taking longer than usual?

Usually I could play at 2 to 3 PM on a tuesday (Europe, CET), and now at 6 PM Order is still under maintenance.

Is there actually a real update coming, instead of normal maintenance?
    Seems like VI would do as they never seem to give rumor to what they are doing until it is actually done.

Salis

Default Re: Maintenance taking longer than normal?

Given that blight was updated with fixes, I highly doubt that blight is going live. If it were, they would have been so ecstatic over the first delta being applied in over a year. Maint can take a short time or a long time. Be patient and hang in there, it sure will come up when maint is done.

Well, I think the Updating process from Blight to Live is a series of scripts.
    So in effect this would allow them to make the scripts to take a snapshot as it where.
    Like on Friday evening. Still Tuesday is patch day so the keep it under wraps, until then. In the mean time the can apply new updates to Blight.

/me trying to be patient *Want to play, want to play, want to ....

Salis

Yep, the fixes were to blight for what was broken, thats why I doubt that we are getting the delta today, but , who knows. Its just a thought on my part.

It's remotely possible that the deltas on Blight are going live. I hope that's the reason for the long down time. If so, Ani, my confectioner, will be doing the mega happy kitty dance.

And, regardless of Blight updates, remember that the returning players cause more reorganization maintenance on the databases to do.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Well, I think since it will be the first time since long to do an update to Live, that they kept quiet about doing it as not to get our hopes up.

I would actually prefer it that way. No promises made that are so easily broken.
    I think all of us will be immensely happy when the first update to live happens.

Actually VI, please if the timeline to the first update of Live is timed for one of the next few weeks, keep it a secret, and surprise us with it.

Salis

Personally, I think people are too hard on Vi, or any gaming company when it comes to promises. I know as a company providing a service its easy to assume anythign they say is a soon to be service rendered. However, just like when a normal person makes a error, things dont go as planned. I dont like getting persecuted when I screw up. I doubt they do either.

As with any job, its filled by people. People screw up, wake up late, have hangovers etc.

I know this might not be the best place for this post, but people often get quite upset about broken promises. Perhaps this would work better in another thread, but the sentiment is all the same. if you ( you used in a general sense) are one of those people who gets upset about devs breaking "promises" just try and relax and have a little more faith. Whats a little more at this point

Or just tell me to shut up, that works too

I'd really like the lairdigging updates today, but we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Personally, I think people are too hard on Vi, or any gaming company when it comes to promises. I know as a company providing a service its easy to assume anythign they say is a soon to be service rendered. However, just like when a normal person makes a error, things dont go as planned. I dont like getting persecuted when I screw up. I doubt they do either.

As with any job, its filled by people. People screw up, wake up late, have hangovers etc.

I know this might not be the best place for this post, but people often get quite upset about broken promises. Perhaps this would work better in another thread, but the sentiment is all the same. if you ( you used in a general sense) are one of those people who gets upset about devs breaking "promises" just try and relax and have a little more faith. Whats a little more at this point

Or just tell me to shut up, that works too
    Well, I only hold companies to their "real" promises. "Lairs WILL be in just after release!". That, and when they FAIL to communicate for lengthy periods of time.

I think people would be a lot more forgiving if they would spend time to let the players know more details of what is going on behind-the-scenes. It is really easy to forgive delays when you can be told what is causing the problem, rather than just getting a deaf stone wall.

Communicate effectively, communicate often, and involve the players in your efforts. It goes a long LONG way to foster a good sense of community and loyal players.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Im also usually playing by now,Maybe they are putting in some things,hope it comes back up soon though.

heh me too! And I sure do hope we get that delta, I am looking forward to making myself new gear with nadias back to normal prices!

"We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!

I am thrilled about our first delta! I can't wait to log in and get my vault 7, then make my new gear to slay those beasts!

THANK YOU for this info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my reaction in correct order

Our first actual content patch to the Live servers in well over a year... and it's a DOOZY!!

Great work VI!!

Yep, awesome job here! Btw, will we have any new conf forms at all ?

Woot cool.

Stackable bottle caps. Finally. I think my collection may soon stack high than Tolkath's.

Woops, no more uber xp from making platinum lodestones. Oh well, getting from 90 - 100 shouldn't be a cakewalk anyway!
    __________________________________________________ __________

Well isnt todays patch the greatest news in a long time. Several times on the billing forum , i saw the question asked how much work is enough to prove new devolpers serious. In my opinion this has been enough, I welcome Vi with open arms and love what ive seen to date from them, i took their parachute option and grandfathered my main account. But alas i have seen enough and look forward to long and properous life in istaria, i will now activate my other accounts. Thank You Vi for regaining my faith, being men/women of your word and bankrolling our expedition from the widerness . Long live istaria, long live order, long live the scions.

Thread Information