Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dralk grand hall still completed

Default Re: dralk grand hall still completed

But it would have been nice to have a ceremony to pop it. Remember we are a Roleplay server and look for little reasons like this to hold a gathering.

I can understand your anger, but you can hold still a ceremony for completing the hall, you can then say the hall was magically completed by drulkar or such because he wanted to help his children.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    I don't think the game mechanic was broken at all. It did what it was told to do quite nicely. The problem was that it was told to do the wrong thing. VI admitted that this was a mistake, apologized for the error, and offered to compensate players for Novians lost because of it.
    A game mechanic which does the wrong thing is "broken". You and I can argue semantics about what "broken" means all day long, but it won't change the facts. The issue this thread is about is loss of opportunity due to the "error". An opportunity some were looking forward to. One that some had been working hard towards for a long time; hence, why they are miffed.

Sure, everyone would have been happier if the mistake had been caught & corrected before going live, but it wasn't. That's just the way of the world. Mistakes are going to happen; what matters is how you respond when they do. VI's response was prompt, professional, and very customer-oriented. Successful service recovery deserves to be acknowledged just as much as opportunities for service improvement.
    The difference is that the issue has not been resolved. The opportunity is lost, and there is no recovering it. Thus, upset people. In fact, the specific issue hasn't even been addressed by Vi at all.

I suppose that you're now going to forgive them again every time they rush to get a patch out and cause more borkage? Wasn't that the exact problem that got them into the original mess in the first place? Rushing things out? This game is a testament to what NOT to do in that regard. Returning to Business As Usual isn't going to help keep confidence that things are actually going to improve.

Sure, mistakes can be forgiven when due diligence has been performed, but in lieu of that, what's the point? When they were working on the ARoP and Lairs, I constantly preached the line "take your time and get it right". Well, they didn't, they rushed Lairs out, and they were broken, buggy, and incomplete; hence, why I quit originally. Repeating history isn't going to change that situation, to be sure.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    But the Grand Hall WAS in fact completed thanks to his and others efforts....

If no one had placed units, then it would not have popped....
    That wasn't Dorrin's point. It didn't pop as a direct, planned result of player efforts; people couldn't be there since it popped when the servers were down for maintenance, as a result of a broken game mechanic. So, Dorrin (and others) felt cheated. Since it is a community structure, it cannot be deconned and repopped.

This is a really minor issue to be bitching about considering the size of the patch, and the fact that they allowed halls completed using the temporarily lowered amounts to remain completed. They made it right in me eyes.
    Well, I am sorry that I cannot agree, but that's OK. We don't have to agree. Beyond the fact of the borkage, it allowed people to "cheat" around the system, effectively exploiting the hole while it was allowed to remain live.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information