Thread: Blight Storm

Default Blight Storm

Here's an idea for an event. The Blight Storm. This storm would sweep from the Eastern Blight to the west, meandering as it goes. In the center of the storm (causing it) would be a Blight Elemental (Think of a giant whirlwind of green and black) that would have massive health, do AoE blight damage for it's normal attack, and regenerate.
    Once the Blight Elemental is destroyed, the storm would dissipate.

Effects of the Storm: Any resource it hits becomes blighted resource. Any resource creature (wisp, sheep, cows, etc.) become Enraged (increased level, hp, and attack based on the Tier of resource) While in the midst of the storm, random lightning bolts strike out and have a possiblility of striking players doing ltng. damage to them.

Just a thought,
    Whaddya Think?
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Blight Storm

First thought:

WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON??????
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Awwe, cummon. You can't say that this wouldn't be an awesome event. I can see the whole server grouping up to hunt down and slay the elemental. (Except me of course since anytime there's more than 8 in an area, I lag out and crash)
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

They have already done something very similiar to this with the blighted portals, which spawned the blight specters (huge green blight wisps) that patrolled around blighting resources. Something didn't work quite right so for now the portals do not spawn all over in random places, nor do they spawn blight specters.

Somewhere buried here in suggestions I posted an idea for wandering storm effects. which could just be a really slow moving, invisible npc. that created a weather effect like the blight specters, and fafnir do. I went further with the idea suggesting that shaman's could have a spell to banish the bad weather. Perhaps shaman's and druids (non masterable). it would be a very short range spell, and they would have to be right in the eye of the storm (within say 10m of the invisible npc that was spawning the weather effect) for the spell to be successful. Spell would have a 20min timer. There could be blizzard effects that moved around kira/mahagra. dust-storm effects that moved around tazoon desert, rainstorms for regular green land. maybe even a hurricane like storm out over the water (something dragons might encounter say flying to elnath from sslanis, etc.) There should also be a more intense lightning storm effect in the blight areas (maybe only in ED) that would be damaging to players. druids and shamans could cast a self-only buff that offered some protection against the storms. (this makes sense for the lore of the classes)(non masterable)
    Last edited by Guaran; September 21st, 2007 at 03:06 PM.

Thread Information