Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chaos and Order update?

Default Re: Chaos and Order update?

That's a good point, Dhalin. When I tested the change, I did it with an ancient dragon on Blight. Should have tried to get someone who is of a different level to check it out too.

So Tail Whip V would have been what I tested and it was crush. If someone can verify what other tiers of Tail Whip do, that might help get a fix in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain View Post
    to that end are you all really expecting that much out of Vitriums 3 man operation ? You are going to have to tailor your expectations with this fact kept in perspective.
    This is part of my problem with just about every company that has ever developed for HZ to my knowledge. I remeber when Artifact cut back to a skeleton crew and things started really going down hill all those years ago, it never picked up after that. It's all been manned by more skeleton crews with different names. I don't want this game to be milked along, that's not really good enough. I want to see advancement, and any company that takes things over but is not really willing to put the $$$ down on it and put some manpower into it is not going to be in my good graces, no matter what their intention is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Maybe the Tail Whips got changed depending on dragon size or tier?

Maybe a hatchling's still does slash, but an Ancient's was fixed to crushed?

I haven't tested mine Yet... but these are just possible things that it could be, why Person A would get it and Person B not...
    I'm an ancient, at the time it was slash for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain View Post
    to that end are you all really expecting that much out of Vitriums 3 man operation ? You are going to have to tailor your expectations with this fact kept in perspective.
    Theres more then 3 people at VI.

I'm not going to blame VI for 'months and years of neglect' given that they've had the game what, under two months now? The fact that some of them worked for Tulga well over a year ago doesn't make them responsible for what happened under PMEII and whatever they call themselves now. I'm willing to cut them some slack because they are trying - despite limited staff (however many regulars and a small stable of volunteers) and not having Blizzard's budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania View Post
    I'm not going to blame VI for 'months and years of neglect' given that they've had the game what, under two months now? The fact that some of them worked for Tulga well over a year ago doesn't make them responsible for what happened under PMEII and whatever they call themselves now. I'm willing to cut them some slack because they are trying - despite limited staff (however many regulars and a small stable of volunteers) and not having Blizzard's budget.
    I'm actually well beyond blaming VI for anything at this point per my posts above. But I hope that VI is willing to put enough green and muscle into things to make the game do a 180 instead of just keeping it alive like previous organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    I'm actually well beyond blaming VI for anything at this point per my posts above. But I hope that VI is willing to put enough green and muscle into things to make the game do a 180 instead of just keeping it alive like previous organizations.
    Even blizzard couldn't pump THAT much money into HZ. The game needs a complete overhaul. Meaning they'd need to completely remake the game one segment at a time. It cost 18 million dollars to make HZ the first time, so I think it is safe to assume that a complete redo of the entire game one piece a time would cost the same amount. No one would do that. Heck, even if I was Bill Gates rich I wouldn't do it.

I mean, there are reasonable expectations (a few slow improvements and additions over the next year) and then there are crazy expectations (expecting the game to be overhauled, expecting new races, or expecting massive new content additions).

The two big things I want:
    1) Fix the dang spawning.
    2) Improove the darn frame rate.

The rest is just pretty fluff.

My first impulse was to agree with Vahrokh, as often happens these days. Done.

My second thought was to go back and reread the original post and some of the thread again. Tail swipe still doing slash damage?

How has the Empire stood?

The surest way to disappointment under the circumstances is to use absolute perfection as the only acceptable standard .

Compare instead to the last year, and things are looking mighty good. Compare to the year before, and things like communications are still looking up, way up.
    Last edited by Kulamata; September 29th, 2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Added another smiley.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    My first impulse was to agree with Vahrokh, as often happens these days. Done.
    My mistake was going off before I was sure there was an issue, my bad. Done.

My second thought was to go back and reread the original post and some of the thread again. Tail swipe still doing slash damage?

How has the Empire stood?

The surest way to disappointment under the circumstances is to use absolute perfection as the only acceptable standard .
    Rest assured that my consern was not over the fact that tail swipes were doing the wrong kind of damage, but that VI seemed just as bad at getting things correct as the last two. This however remains to be seen, but I am hopeful.

Compare instead to the last year, and things are looking mighty good. Compare to the year before, and things like communications are still looking up, way up.
    Indeed I was absent for most of last year due to getting tired of the lack of advancement, I would guess it was an all time low, however since the very beginning this game has had very good ideas managed and implemented very badly, and has for the most part been a series of mediums, lows and very lows, most of the later two. I'm just waiting for someone to ask me: "Well if you think things are so bad, then why don't you go play somthing else?" I'll tell you why- There are unique ideas here, implemented badly, but they are here, as well as a cool community. I only whine and complain because I care about both.

Thread Information