Thread: Do Chaos Warrior and Wizard complement each other?

Default Do Chaos Warrior and Wizard complement each other?

Hi! I plan to start a new character that wants to be good with energy magic, and also wear armor and use weapons. If I understand how the multiclassing works, I will need Warrior 20 and Mage 20 to qualify for Chaos Warrior and Wizard. I would welcome advice, as I have no real idea about the strengths and weaknesses of a Chaos Warrior / Wizard.

Default Re: Do Chaos Warrior and Wizard complement each other?

they indeed work well together. chaos warrior has access to all the energy spells, and some nice masterable wizard abilities.

energy magic isn't the most damaging, but it does have the ability to stun, which can really add to the power of a melee fighter.

Chaos warrior, Knight of Creation, or Battlemage are the best melee classes to pair with wizard. (chaos warrior is more damage oriented, using 2hand crush without shield)
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Thank you for the information. is it usefull to be able to use the 2hcrush CW weapon and use offensive spells? or are you better off just using the spells, or just using the weapon?

Just curious, I usually go for the abilities I like regardless of how effective they are, but it does not hurt to know how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill4747 View Post
    Thank you for the information. is it usefull to be able to use the 2hcrush CW weapon and use offensive spells? or are you better off just using the spells, or just using the weapon?
    short answer:
    use 2hcrush and CW abilities to do the killing, and your wizard spells/abilites to support.

long answer:
    It really depends on how you gear the character, and how you want to play it. (im going to assume CW is the active school. You want a melee character that can cast some spells)

Because spell power and melee power are effected by different stats... if CW is indeed the active class, it would be wise to focus on gearing for a melee character (str, dex, etc).

upwards of 70% of your damage will be melee attacks/abilites. the rest will come from the three energy spells that you can cast. (energy bolt, energy bomb, and energy strike)

You will be far better off using both melee and spells though, for a few reasons. Starting combat with energy spells means you're damaging from 20+ meters away. so the monster is already hurt by the time you start smashing it with the mace.

the wizard abilities you can master like stunner and dynamic pulse... stun the mobs you're fighting. stunned mobs cannot dodge/block a melee attack, and cannot heal or cast.

Hope that helps!
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Thank you, that is just what I wanted to hear.

Well, that, and a fix for Vista, but I will take what I can get.

Hum 2 hand weapons , I ran into problems while crafting epically on archers and what not , make sure you keep a one hand weapon handy , epically if your crafting , I don't know how many times over the years, Ive been crafting away with a sack in one hand and a pick or what have you in the other hand and had a big nasty beastie come after me I equip a weapon to only find out I'm now 400 bulk over burdened and can move,
    so its either stand and fight it or open inventory delete really fast equip 2hd weapon and fight,
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    Hum 2 hand weapons , I ran into problems while crafting epically on archers and what not , make sure you keep a one hand weapon handy , epically if your crafting , I don't know how many times over the years, Ive been crafting away with a sack in one hand and a pick or what have you in the other hand and had a big nasty beastie come after me I equip a weapon to only find out I'm now 400 bulk over burdened and can move,
    so its either stand and fight it or open inventory delete really fast equip 2hd weapon and fight,

Or just gun it down with your spells
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Thread Information