Thread: Exit stage left

Default Exit stage left

Well the masses have spoken
    I am an undesirable element , a nay sayer and a doomster
    I have ' behavior ' problems
    I have NEVER hung crap on ANYONE for enjoying HZ ...sure i have labeled some sheep for their support of the price increase .. nay SHILLED for the price increase i should say.
    I have NEVER hang crap on the game itself , apart from pointing out its lacks and missing elements
    I was SUPPRISED that some returnees were welcomed back with open arms even after the EI/PME debarcle

however those welcome mats were never extended my way after i voiced the price increase displeasure ..oh no instead pure hatred was fired my way as said before in the way of heated pm's

yes i have recieved some nice pms and i thank you for them
    as for now no more pm's please as i will not be back to check them ... i will heed what has been asked of me

This account is now closed and this boards shortcut removed

Default Re: Exit stage left

How sad. You know, I get so passionately argumentative at times on these forums myself that I'm suprised I haven't recieved more of this kind of attitude.....

thats because the community that is heralded to be horizons is a farce. Its just like WoW but on a small scale and all the ratios are the same.

problem is when you have a small niche game like horizons its loyalists will do what it takes to keep their sandbox clean and to their liking. Which is why its going to be very interesting to see what happens to the super community when Vitrium finally gets around to fixing all the exploits this very same community has been exploiting for the last two years. I will have the bags of popcorn ready for anyone that wants to see the fire works.

Point is thus. Expect to get flamboozled should you be foolish enough to point out that purple pink striped 2000 pound gorilla that has been squating in the games living room for the past 4 years. They don't much like that 'round these parts....

Some exploits have been fixed already. For example, dragon crafting xp from lairshaping lodestones, caststones and tricuts reduced. Spell timers from different tiers now linked properly.

But hey, the community is still here, and we still love the game. So I would disagree. We are not a "farce".

I guess I can be so lucky, to be a new player (and new member). I only heard of the game through friends when the game was "free" curtasy of a billing glitch. I created my a/c at that point to play it. I actually played for a brief moment on Chaos, but I stopped because I didnt have to play it. I started back recently since I have more free time, and I moved to Order to be with friends. My views on this game are based on the experiences I have had thus far, and I posted them in another thread.

Basically, the game does have its annoying bugs, and issues, that I would love to see fixed. But, its the only MMO that lets me play as a dragon, and being the dragon fan that I am that appeals to me, a lot. I also enjoy the dragon RP and fan community that exists here on the Order shard. That is why I am happy to pay $9.95 ($14.95 when I go lair-hunting) each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrethorne View Post
    But hey, the community is still here, and we still love the game. So I would disagree. We are not a "farce".
    Yes the community is still here , well the ones that are like minded that is having seen off any those whom have a differing opinion.
    I think Vi , Vitrium or whoever needs to take notice that the shills ( I do so like that word ) as the OP states are indeed being very detrimental to any if not all who disagree with the their viewpoints , nay , ownership as it were.

I too will not renew at the end of this cycle therefore I too take my leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
    Yes the community is still here , well the ones that are like minded that is having seen off any those whom have a differing opinion.
    If you should happen to find someplace without the 'bullies' please come back and tell us ... but lets be honest no one's holding there breath on that one.

Everywhere has it's bullies, and the smaller the community the more likely you are to fall under their cross-hairs, sadly. Yes the 'my way or else' style of debating is common in all of life and it's very detrimental to open and free flowing debate.

However from what i have read Vi have a very firm plan for Hz they did when they were Tugla and they still have now and there going to see it through. So no matter how uncomfortable the bullies make you feel (and there are ways and means ingame to restrict there ability to do that) they views are still only as meaningful as yours.

The problem is new players retention and the possible problems bullies could cause with that and then it's upto Vi to decide if they should act and how they should act. As an experienced dev team and experienced moderators i'm sure that they understand the financial implications of their actions or inaction on the long term survival of the game.

(P.S. Personally ingame i have had nothing but a positive experience when dealing with other players and i seriously don't think that's unusual.)
    Am gonna hit an inanimate object with another inanimate object for awhile, then i'm gonna hit an animate object with a different inanimate object. And they said MMORPG's were limited in scope Pah!

I don't see the community having bullies or shills to any greater degree than any other game community. Theros got some PMs from people who disagreed with him. That happens, sadly and it's too bad that those messages got to him.

On the other hand, Theros didn't exactly go out of his way to have a civil discussion himself. He complains about people calling him a "doomsayer" and an "undesirable element", then right after that calls the folks who disagreed with him on the subscription rates "sheep".

Having people disagree with you just comes with posting on forums. That's not bullying, it's having a discussion. Players advocate for what they want to see happen, and it's the nature of individuals to disagree.

So, sorry to see you go, Theros. I hope you find a game that makes you happy and brings you many friends. However, I have to tell you that nobody drove you away from Istaria; you left of your own free will and desire.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

"Love your enemies, it will drive them crazy."

Works for me!

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Helious View Post
    (P.S. Personally ingame i have had nothing but a positive experience when dealing with other players and i seriously don't think that's unusual.)
    Agreed, in game I've never had issues, but there are times I tend to get heated on the forums about things the current ownership (Not targeting Vi here, mind you, but whoever happened to be in controll at that time) does/doesn't do/neglects, and I've also had situations where I've been told off by members, some times they are right somtimes they are wrong, however I've never felt run off by them, which is the feeling I'm picking up from Theros here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrethorne View Post
    Some exploits have been fixed already. For example, dragon crafting xp from lairshaping lodestones, caststones and tricuts reduced. Spell timers from different tiers now linked properly.

of course the community is still here. if but 2 people played Horizons it would have a community.

What is a farce is the belief that the HZ community is simply better than all the rest. its about math and numbers. The larger your playerbase the more jerks you have... WoW has 8 million... HZ has less than 2K. Of course there are more jerks in WoW than HZ. But you will find the percentages are about the same.

that being said in my former travels in WoW I never had one issue with a player in that game. I always had a good guild full of mature people to play with.

But I can say that back in the non order chaos shard days there were some mighty nasty things going on within the community here. Sure it was still decent enough. But it doesn't stand out from the rest. Shall we recall what the community festered into when EI took over and everyone realized what EI was exactly ? Oh the finger pointing that happened then.

In the end though HZ is a small game, it always will be. Those that are still playing are obviously committed to it. When someone chooses to bash it or to be critical of it such person has to be prepared for the back lash.

I remember the days when Theros was a contributing member of both this board and the game. Time changes everything.

Ya'll aren't bad you're just rendered that way

I would just like to say that i personally feel the istarian community, is a better community than any game ive played. That doesnt mean there arent jerks, sry , but they are everywhere. I was a game hopper and the community is why ive been in istaria so long.

What seperates this community is not that theres no rude players, of course there are, but start a new character , ask for a couple items in market place and youve got people tripping over each other to aid you. Same goes with aid of any sort in Istaria, advice, directions etc.

To call the Istarian community a farce and imply the feeling of closeness is a myth, is an insult to those of us that play it, love it and believe it. These are the type of posts that start the name calling.

Im sry that anyone felt driven away from game, though ive had people disagree with me , and tell me both in game and on forums, ive never felt pushed away.

Thread Information