Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: drakul's heart... it's not just for dragons anymore...

Default Re: drakul's heart... it's not just for dragons anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    funny, among the things that attracted me to this game (apart from the obvious playable dragons) was that particular inequity.
    Ditto, aside from dragons.... and this was before resource tiering and mob tiering. When they did that I let out a great sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran

I think this is an ill-concieved idea, likely brought about by a few "whining" players, that then became implemented with little or no thought to how it really fits into the game.
    Who's whining?

Someone earlier posted why would bipeds even want access to Drakul, aside from the ability to share lair access. I responded that biped players might want access to the mobs.

Someone else then posted that there were no mobs on Drakul, that couldn't be found elsewhere and in better spawns.

I listed several that I feel to spawn much better/more conveniently on Drakul.

None of this is whining, merely a logical presentation of why access to Drakul would be desirable to bipeds, other than the lair storage, of course

Players have offered up suggestions as to possible events that could be hosted to explain biped access to Drakul.

And regarding hostile Lunus dragons...well, they still need a biped to make them stuff for their ROPs/AROPs, no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDexter View Post
    No, life isn't like that, but since people do need to feel equity, then pleasing people to keep them from feeling like they are missing something is important.

Create a chasm between people and create perceived inequities and people will resent it, and that will color their impression of the game.

Lore can be rewritten to accomodate closing an inequity.

Call them whiners (guaran) but they pay the bills too, and a new player seeing an inequity (real or perceived) will not hang around.

So the question is, keep your insular world and not welcome new people, or rewrite the lore allowing bipeds into Drakul or balance inequities by adding a biped only area.

I'm thinking the latter will be what happens.
    Yeah, we should re-write lore so a few can get their way!!

Insular world.....what a joke. One island....this represents the world.

And EVERY PLAYER has access to said island.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

It's not so a few can get their way, but so the new can get thier way, or in other words, a new player will see this as an inequity (and if they read this thread, get a very bad taste in their mouths).

The amount of times that the term whiners was thrown at people who disagree was not very welcoming to a future player.

There's no reason to start blaming "whiners", or, indeed, any reason to use that word at all. Nothing official has been said one way or the other about this gate. Until something is, all of this is speculation and there is no justification at all for hurling insults over mere speculation.

There are legitimate arguments on both sides and lore backing both sides up. That doesn't qualify as whining, no matter who you disagree with.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

As this thread is turning quickly into more of a place for people to voice complaints, I've redirected it here. But please, be civil when posting.

Chaos or Order server matters little, it is called game lore which still has (or should have) game mechanics to support it. Some Order players opt to use the Roleplay aspects of that server to enhance the experience where game mechanics fall short.

Yes, the hatchling ROP to adult essentially requires biped interaction (NPC and PC) which I hope gets corrected or at least toned down. Seems it has been on the adult ROP to Ancient . . . . dunno.

Now the server merge and landscape change put player conveniences over lore - as in tiered cities and resource locations (densities and placement of nearby monsters aka "guards"). Then the developers (essentially TulgAE = VI) put biped plots conveniently near most of them.

So the developers put in Drakul . . . . so it seems some players want the pattern to continue. Forget lore or lore based roleplay . . . . "I want those resources or monster density" and "not only do I want all the content I have as a biped, but access to that island too . . . . I'm bored with all my tasks/quests as I multiclass and crystals only I can use and named items only I can use and (etc.)". And resources are available elsewhere and certainly monster density (or spawn rate) will be adjusted (just as it was for the tier III golems in Trandalar, which was freaking massive).

So where does the commonality end? Will there be similar arguments for:

1. Dragon sized labyrinths - 100% of them - to ensure dragons are not "gimped" as they fights creatures in khutit form?

2. Community crafting events (as in crafting and applying resources). Artifacts and the (then) Novo machines were non-dragon. Yeah, could apply resources to the Novo machines, but could not craft them. Did the outpost near Harro make up for all of that?

3. And about plot fluff (more and more) compared to lair fluff (dead dragon mural) . . . .

Horizons is two separate playing experiences, or should be, so just live with it as VI completes the dragon playing experience (and has far to go, with supportive game mechanics) and fixes the biped side (and yes it certainly needs fixing).

I can see how such discussions can affect the community, especially when they are so one sided as "I want it all."
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Fine, put mobs in there, I would still want to go there, the island is beautiful.
    I was never too fond of Drakul, I thought the place looked ugly and the terrain clashed too much.

It would smell a helluva lot better too.
    Well, aren't you cute.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    I was never too fond of Drakul, I thought the place looked ugly and the terrain clashed too much.
    I hear ya. Their just using it as one more excuse to screw the dragons out of their haven,

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

It's not so a few can get their way, but so the new can get thier way, or in other words, a new player will see this as an inequity (and if they read this thread, get a very bad taste in their mouths).

The amount of times that the term whiners was thrown at people who disagree was not very welcoming to a future player.
    Wow, you ever thought about writing for the daytime soaps. All that unnecessary melodrama.

Inequity? Any player can make a hatchling and go checkout the island.

Dragons and bipeds are seperate. As a dragon you accept there are certain things you can't do. As a biped there are things you can't do a dragon can. As a dragon I wanted to help building towards the satyr islands, but I couldn't because lairshaping wasn't in game and they made it a biped intensive task. The only thing I could do was haul, I was excluded from any of the building.

As to mob behavior, well I got all the tech components from the mobs in the area I mentioned solo. So you'll get no sympathy from me there. You might want to work on tactics.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information