Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: drakul's heart... it's not just for dragons anymore...

Default Re: drakul's heart... it's not just for dragons anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    With my dragon, I park my disk at the drak gate, I go to drakul , get the essence, recall to drak, plop in my disk, rinse and repeat. Then, I run it down to south gate plot. I am a very patient person, there are times when I want to relax and collect resources without being ganked by mobs. And, there is NOTHING wrong with what I am doing, afterall, I am using my dragon. But, I still would do the SAME thing with my biped ifn I could.
    thats a lot of porting! And I wasn't saying there was anything wrong, just saying it's not the most efficient.

When I was testing it I tried various configurations.

Before the lair that is now Deth's I would park my disk beside the channeler in dralk. Very short run from recall point and to gate. But thats a lot of porting.
    As is now I gather shining and very rarely tangle with mobs and the channeler is a very short flight away. Time wise it takes 75% less time and no porting lag the way I do it now. Then I load my vault and drag my disk if need be. But porting back and forth from drakul, BAH!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    thats a lot of porting! And I wasn't saying there was anything wrong, just saying it's not the most efficient.

When I was testing it I tried various configurations.

Before the lair that is now Deth's I would park my disk beside the channeler in dralk. Very short run from recall point and to gate. But thats a lot of porting.
    As is now I gather shining and very rarely tangle with mobs and the channeler is a very short flight away. Time wise it takes 75% less time and no porting lag the way I do it now. Then I load my vault and drag my disk if need be. But porting back and forth from drakul, BAH!
    I honestly don't need to be efficient, time is on my side.

I honestly don't need to be efficient, time is on my side.
    Build the T5 portion of a grand hall and say that.

Point is, the resource reason to open up drakul is pointless. The only place harder to get resources would be the swamp down south.
    If they do open the portal to bipeds I think they need to put mobs in that area to. You want to perserve balance!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I have to say, I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like people are using the resource complaint to elbow their way into Drakul, even though it's well out of the way for anyone besides those that are native to Drakul.

I think the ONLY reason it would be allowed, is for Dragons with bi-ped alts needing to fill silos, access storage and machines in Drakul.

A second close reason: "Curiosity... We can't go there but want to."

Lore wise, it doesn't make sense

Resource wise, it doesn't make sense

Mob hunting, it doesn't make sense

One of the few reasons no one buys the lairs north of the rift in Trandalar, no easy portal to there, must fly resources over the rift, no bi-ped access.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Build the T5 portion of a grand hall and say that.

Point is, the resource reason to open up drakul is pointless. The only place harder to get resources would be the swamp down south.
    If they do open the portal to bipeds I think they need to put mobs in that area to. You want to perserve balance!
    Fine, put mobs in there, I would still want to go there, the island is beautiful.

Getting the shining essence in Drakul, is convenient for my dragon , thats for sure. And it would be so with my biped as well.
    Just because someone percieves it as convenient, doesn't mean everyone should have access to it. My neighbor's peach trees would sure make for a convenient snack, doesn't mean I go in his backyard to get peaches. (example)

IF someone has a biped alt, and they own a plot on Drakul, how about this proposal: The plot itself becomes a "Destination" that the ped's can portal to, once the room is built. The room would have vertical, non-scalable walls, and might be a very pretty sight. The dragon entrances to the "Portal Room" would be at the top, and the biped could not walk out of or leave the room. But the biped would have access to storage. In fact one of the functions of the room could be say t3 hall equivalent storage, that the ped could portal too and utilize.

If something like this could be implemented, then the biped's "being on drakul" is fine. So long as they are restricted to their owner's lairs. No need to be traipsing about. These portal rooms, once built, might have to be added to the Dralk naka teleporter as a destination, where the lair name is the destination name. One Portal Room per lair maximum. The room would not have an outgoing teleporter, just a landing pad and storage. Could look partially like a library, and partially like a biped house even.

If they can't implement this, then just drop the whole idea and never activate that ring under dralk.

Fine, put mobs in there, I would still want to go there, the island is beautiful.

It's dralk with a blue sky and a few tree's.....wahooo!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

It's dralk with a blue sky and a few tree's.....wahooo!
    And beautiful waterfalls, beautiful landscape, nope, its more than you say. Ok, Lets agree to disagree, besides, you don't have an issue yet anyway, cuz bipeds still are not allowed to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Mob hunting, it doesn't make sense
    I beg to differ. There is no other place in game where certain mobs spawn in such densities, in such close proximity where the spawn links either do not exist, or are so close together to might as well not be considered linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I beg to differ. There is no other place in game where certain mobs spawn in such densities, in such close proximity where the spawn links either do not exist, or are so close together to might as well not be considered linked.
    you have to be joking. I know of multiple areas where the spawns are much better. What exactly are you looking for?

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell
    you have to be joking. I know of multiple areas where the spawns are much better. What exactly are you looking for?
    Icy Dire Wolves
    Giant Flame Beetles
    Giant Fire Beetles
    Mithril Golems (all types)

Icy Dire Wolves
    Giant Flame Beetles
    Giant Fire Beetles
    Mithril Golems (all types)
    Icy dire wolves - tons up on island of ice, just need to skirt emerald golems.

Flame and fire beetles are both just inside the entrance to fire island. It's a run but fairly easy crowd control.

Mithril golems - it don't get no easier then mithril canyons.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell
    Icy dire wolves - tons up on island of ice, just need to skirt emerald golems.

Flame and fire beetles are both just inside the entrance to fire island. It's a run but fairly easy crowd control.

Mithril golems - it don't get no easier then mithril canyons.
    I believe you said that the spawns were much better (elsewhere).

It's my opinion and probably a good number of other players, that the spawns on Drakul are better and more convenient in that they are close together (the links).

The giant flame/fire beetle spawn on fire island is, IMO, annoying. It is much less tedious to kill them on Drakul, than on fire island. Each type of mob is on it's own little "platform", segregated so to speak. The platform is easily traversed and flat (not all bumpy so it's hard to see if there are beetles hiding in some piece of lumpen ground). The respawn is very fast on Drakul and the "linked" spawns (if there are) are in nice, easy to get to, close proximity.

There also seem to be MORE, faster respawns of these mobs on Drakul.

p.s. until the patch to "fix" the mithril golem spawns in the canyons, it REALLY sucked trying to get mithril golems as a biped. Drakul spawns are STILL better and more convenient than mithril canyons.

I only play dragons and I'm not heavily put out by this. I always figured that it would only be fair if each biped race had some place special of their own (not all bipeds together, each biped race), I don't have a problem with sharing, and I REALLY doubt you'd see many bipeds going there more then once.

Remember that island. VERY few roads. Lots of hard to navigate terrain, and huge distances over not much of anything. Yes there's tier V resources, yes there's tier V monsters, but between those FEW monsters and resources there's a LOT of unpopulated rugged terrain with hardly any roads. There's nothing there which isn't much more biped accessible elsewhere. Or even dragon accessible. At least dragons could make a lair there if they don't mind battling the huge distances for a little seclusion; there's no biped plots there which removes even that reason.

Face it, the place is practically deserted. When I was choosing a lair I took one look at that place, saw the huge distances I'd have to cover with one lousy teleportal (and dragging a cargo disk!), the lack of anything interesting, and made my lair in Harro instead.

Pfft, if something this simple will shut off biped whining it's cool with me. Heh, I don't even go to the place very often and I'm a dragon.

It's my opinion and probably a good number of other players, that the spawns on Drakul are better and more convenient in that they are close together (the links).
    Again, convenience for a few should NOT over-ride well established lore of the game. Many players role-play their dragons as lunus and unfriendly to bipeds. Or at least barely tolerate them. This island was introduced and one of its main FEATURES was that it would not be available to bipeds. It was set up to play along with the lore of the game. Myself I have many biped friends. Just because I might want them on Drakul doesn't mean they have a right to be.

I think this is an ill-concieved idea, likely brought about by a few "whining" players, that then became implemented with little or no thought to how it really fits into the game.

I find it a very worrysome developement unless adequate reasoning and story is introduced that supports it.

You know, I say keep the island dragon only but do give Bipeds a non-fdragon zone also that mimics Drakul. I would love to have an area where I didn't have to be around dragons blocking the view of everything.

It's bad enough they congrgate on the pad in Bristugo and blot out the entire town of NT, give us bipeds a dragon free area.

It would smell a helluva lot better too.

I don't care if the bipeds have a non dragon zone myself really, mabe an underground dwarf city (How else are you going to keep dragons out unless you are going to turn the guards against them)? As long as there is a good lore reason behind it. But this is now turning into a he gets one don't I get one? Life isn't like that, I'm afraid, and when you start balancing things in this way in a game, it becomes fabricated and doesn't feel real. Just like the tierd resources and mob zones. Things just don't come about that way in nature or politics.

No, life isn't like that, but since people do need to feel equity, then pleasing people to keep them from feeling like they are missing something is important.

Create a chasm between people and create perceived inequities and people will resent it, and that will color their impression of the game.

Lore can be rewritten to accomodate closing an inequity.

Call them whiners (guaran) but they pay the bills too, and a new player seeing an inequity (real or perceived) will not hang around.

So the question is, keep your insular world and not welcome new people, or rewrite the lore allowing bipeds into Drakul or balance inequities by adding a biped only area.

I'm thinking the latter will be what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JDexter View Post
    Call them whiners (guaran) but they pay the bills too, and a new player seeing an inequity (real or perceived) will not hang around.
    funny, among the things that attracted me to this game (apart from the obvious playable dragons) was that particular inequity.

Thread Information