Thread: Big Problems With Game Graphics

Default Big Problems With Game Graphics

Anyone else got into the game, only to find the graphics completely messed up? The graphics are constantly flashing, I think as it's trying to redraw the screen. This even happens when the game is loading, before I actually get in.

There's no ground terrain, no NPCs, no player characters (just the text above where they should be), and my dragon isn't there either. Just the sky and bits of buildings constantly flashing. It settles down a bit when I go into a building, presumably because it has more of the pieces for it to draw? I'm also getting areas of "multicoloured static", lots of coloured dots, as if the graphic that should be used is missing.

I've tried the full scan and reinstalled the 20MB patch 3 times now, and I've deleted the world cache, but that hasn't fixed it. I rebooted my PC, and when I got back into the game it was perfect - for about 10 seconds then it all went bad again. :(

Whenever I reload the game however, the multicoloured static appears somewhere different! First on the floor of a building, then on the chat window tabs, then on the names above where the player's characters should be.

Has anyone encountered this? Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it? I've run out of ideas now, please help!

Default Re: Big Problems With Game Graphics

On Help section you might get more answers, and no doubt mods will move this there before long, but: have you upddated your gfx cards drivers recently? What is the brand of your card? Just to give an example, with my previous card, GF4 mx-440, I had similar problems (polygons flashing, but no multicolor garbage) with any driver version above 56.64.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

...try deleting the gfx config file, thus resetting the grapghics settings...

Thanks for the suggestion, but my graphics card is fine. The game was running perfectly on my PC before the merge. This is a post-merge problem, maybe something to do with my installation or setup, and/or the patch?

Patch? What patch? [^o)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

[:)]Once I had the same problem,but i got into the option menu and changed the video settings. I dont remember what it was that I changed and I cant check right now bcause they are rebooting the Unity server right now.If you are online later maybe I can try to help you with your problems. [:)]

Wisjh

i had the same problem while i teleported to sslanis a relogg helped :)

Elkandriel

same what Amelerium said. Did it help?

Had a similar problem recently, turned out to be a fan had failed on the graphics card.

After you've checked into the thermal situation for your graphics card, care to post back with some more details about your computer system, including hardware model numbers, driver revision numbers, operating system, service pack and patch status ? Maybe with such info we'll be able to help you out better, oh and include a screengrab of the garbled output (press the Print Screen key on your keyboard then paste the capture into a graphics program for saving).

I'm willing to place bets that either the fan has failed on the graphics card or the heatsink unit no longer has a decent contact with the gpu.

BTW it's the 'multicoloured static' and 'coloured dots' that leads me to the above conclusion, the issue with noground terrain, NPCs orplayers,and buildings constantly flashing is a seperate issue that crops up with the game from time to time and is resolved with a relog.

no problems with the graphix on my machine...a score of others tho....

couldnt use inventory, vault, disc...could trade, but not split stacks, equip items and such :\ and enormous texture lag...saw the names almost immediately (on players) but the rest came late(r), mobs were a lot worse...

Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Thread Information