Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewall Troubles

Default Firewall Troubles

Hello Horizons Players,

We had a service outage today between 3pm PST and 6:00PM PST. The problem occurred because of a firewall misconfiguration and took longer than expected to resolve. We are more than a little red that this happened outside of our normal weekly maintenance.

It's now 5:51pm PST and the firewall has been fixed. We know that this is the second outage in recent times and are very sorry for the disruption. We've been doing a lot of maintenance and re-configuration since taking over Horizons with the goal of being able to more effectively manage the facility. The firewall configuration was one of the bigger changes needed to wrap up that work.

The Gnomes that direct traffic to the servers are doing their jobs again and things look normal. Please accept our apologies.

See you in Istaria,

Horizons Customer Support

Default Re: Firewall Troubles

Thanks for working on it!

Aha! There's your problem! It's been proven that gnomes do not route packets efficiently. They break packets open by dropping them on the floor and also like to peek inside. You should switch to the industry standard: routers!

I get to the point of connecting where I see a pretty blue sky and lots of clouds... then don't get any further.

also stuck on clouds

Same. Logging in and all I see is clouds. If I pull up the map and press movement keys, the dot moves. But nothing else works....

Yep... same here.

Just got an Error ID: 13
    The login process was unsuccessful because the connection timed out waiting for the validation response. This problem occurs when there are network problems or the authentication server is offline. Please wait a few minutes and try logging in again.

...my guess is the Auth server = teh rebewted.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

No worries. I know I for one am not about to grumble about you making sure a firewall is in proper order. :P
    You folks communicate, and that is a glorious breath of fresh air. Thank you again for your honesty and good will to come forward and let us know what is up.

*Edit* I'm not having any troubles. Digging a ML as I type this. May try a relog. Or could also be lag as I suspect there are -alot- of people all trying to log in at once.

100/100/100 Ancient Dragon of Chaos
    ~The Ancients~

transport error gonna keep trying

EDIT: i'm in

I logged in, got the clouds, got kicked by error 13... and now I am getting kicked by error 12 when trying to log in (auth server error).

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

same thing errors in validation que tried several times.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

I'm having issues as well. It was Error 12, about the auth server being down, but now it is doing what it was an hour ago. Taking 5 mins to load up the launcher, saying it can't check if it is current or out of date. Guessing the server is still down...and here I wanted to get to 36 tonight.

I am getting a version check failed notice. I will continue to keep trying. I used the work around and got in but only black sky, no toon, no channels available. Logged out and tried again, then the whole thing just disappeared, not even the shut down notice. Now trying the normal log in with the patcher.
    Bring me my Broadsword, and clear understanding.

Seems better now.. Logged in using a batch file.

Same here... the issue obviously isn't resolved yet. But hey since you're already down, why not do tomorrow's maintenence tonight? :-P
    Braun

Istaria's Biggest Midget

Guess those little gnomes got confused again and started refusing the packages :P Where is the draggies at to eat a few, scare them back into working?

The auth servers are under a lot of strain now as everyone tries to log in at once. Give it 10 minutes or so, then try again.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I shouldn't have taken a break earlier now I need my Horizon fix badly. Suppose I'll go chew on the carpet for a while then try again. Thanks for being on top of the situation, hope all goes well.

Those of you logging in with the launcher, try logging in through the login page. Worked for me.
    __________________________________________________ __________

8:50 p.m. MDS time and still no-Horizons-can-do. Today was a holiday where my log in efforts started early. Suffice it to say, glad the problem isn't me and my accounts; sorry however that things have run amok with the gnomes. Perhaps they thought I wanted them to help make sandstone bricks and have just opted out. Good luck getting them back in line.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Rustayne View Post
    Guess those little gnomes got confused again and started refusing the packages :P Where is the draggies at to eat a few, scare them back into working?

there is an old pc game that i was in lust with long ago - called 'dungeonkeeper'....
    you had imps that did the heavy work for you when building your evil empire....
    to make them work faster, you had to beeatchslap them a couple times and they would go into overdrive!!

i recommend trying that - even if it doesn't make them work faster, it sure feels great!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information