Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plot Reclaim??

Default Plot Reclaim??

Is there going to be a plot reclaimation anytime soon that anybody knows of?

Default Re: Plot Reclaim??

I hope not! Billing is still having issues and I would hate for peeps to lose their plots.

But they're people that have Lair in key places that haven't been logged in forever. It would be nice to weed thru all those players that don't log in anymore and give the people that have always played and never gave up, a chance to have one of those plots.

Just an idea.
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

This is true, but should the folks who are still having billing issues lose their plots as well?

Well, what you two are discussing would be easy enough to work around. *I* am one of the peeps that had a billing issue, and we had that ironed out in under 3 days. (Code in a logic segment 'If this account has been paid for since July 18th then keep plot' for instance.)

But, to answer the question: Last we heard from Horizons-CS when I asked about the plot reclaims (the day the new billing system came out ) was that doing something with the Unity players was next on the priority list.

Considering the ... unprofessional ... way AE designed their databases in the first place, THAT is a major undertaking, thus we've never had an ETA on either topic... Unity nor plot reclaims.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

I would guess that Unity players will be given a plot token to purchase a new plot/lair. Then after they have transferred the characters and given it a few weeks to correct any issues, they will startup plot reclaimation. I feel for you though. I have a plot that I want to purchase and the owner hasn't played in over a year.
    Durand - Elven Warrior of the Realm of Order

Well, if a new player cannot buy a plot other than a 22x22 plot for a long time, then I would guess they won't stay around very long or downgrade their account.

It's economics, if it takes much longer than it already has, people will just give up.

There are also some who haven't played for quite a while but are still paying, though i

suppose if they weren't paying attention that might have changed with the grace period

being over with. But if they are still paying and just don't want to do anything with

their plots/lairs, that's really their business, however irritating it is to the rest of us.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

If someone is paying but not playing then there's not an issue since their plots wouldn't be reclaimed (active account).

I'd almost just say wipe both chaos and order clean. All characters restart at level 1. That way no special plot or lair considerations would be needed for unity players. Of course that wouldn't happen.

But I wonder and I would almost bet that a totally new shard would have more people on than the old ones.... combined.

I think you are spot on Tryagain!! I think a new, fresh shard would totally revitalize the game and I for one would LOVE to start fresh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos View Post
    I think you are spot on Tryagain!! I think a new, fresh shard would totally revitalize the game and I for one would LOVE to start fresh!!
    Uhm a little story here: when the european shards were merged to unity and playing and paying player lost their plot, they left in great numbers horizons. So you can just imagine what will happen when all characters are reset to level 1 (if not just read the threads where unity player are talking about playing hz again when their characters are being restored because they wont to start playing from Level 1) !

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain View Post
    I'd almost just say wipe both chaos and order clean. All characters restart at level 1. That way no special plot or lair considerations would be needed for unity players. Of course that wouldn't happen.

But I wonder and I would almost bet that a totally new shard would have more people on than the old ones.... combined.
    um...yeah...while I wouldnt mind rolling up a new toon on a new server just for the experience, the simple thought of loosing Lantua and all the work I've dont with him makes me cry on the inside. Ive played for the better part of a year and am not even 50 in adv or craft yet! To loose all that work and start over with out the ability to return to my higher leveled toon would be enough for me to quit and never come back, and from what I've seen its the same issue with our Unity brothers and sisters. It sucks enough that they'll most likely end up loosing their plots/lairs and have to start those over again.

As for reclamation Im sorta looking forward to it too. There's several lairs i've had my eye on for a long while. The one above Dralk with a full set of t4 and 5 crafting chambers I might just buy ,if its own doenst return, just to keep it from going to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain View Post
    I'd almost just say wipe both chaos and order clean.
    <sarcasm>A most excellent idea! Good thing you aren't in a position to make those sort of decisions. It's difficult to top the damage EI has done to Horizons, however, I think you're on to something with that idea! Refine it a little bit more to completely obliterate every player's time investment and you might just have a winner.</sarcasm>

I doubt it. Not with the same content thats available on the other three shards. Bring up a shard with new and or revamped classes and better mechanics and it's quite possible. Unfortunately, it's going to cost a lot of money to find out for sure... and I don't think either of us have enough to settle that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    <sarcasm>A most excellent idea! Good thing you aren't in a position to make those sort of decisions. It's difficult to top the damage EI has done to Horizons, however, I think you're on to something with that idea! Refine it a little bit more to completely obliterate every player's time investment and you might just have a winner.</sarcasm>

I doubt it. Not with the same content thats available on the other three shards. Bring up a shard with new and or revamped classes and better mechanics and it's quite possible. Unfortunately, it's going to cost a lot of money to find out for sure... and I don't think either of us have enough to settle that bet.
    I agree with you. I for one, would not be willing to throw away three years of game play to simply start all over again. Not to mention the cash dumped over that three years, that would be a very nice reward, wouldn't it? *sarcasm for last statement*

Talk about a derail. Thread is about a plot reclaim, not about wiping the shards clean and starting over.

Plot reclaim = needed to free up old, unpaid account owners so that old and new players alike can have a chance at a plot.

Shard wipe = resetting the game to square one, which has no bearing on this thread. (and is ludicrous also)

Shard wipe = resetting the game to square one, which has no bearing on this thread. (and is ludicrous also)
    Very ludicrous, us Unity players mostly did not start new characters on the US servers exactly because we love our long played characters (I have something crazy like 800 days /played just on my main).

We had been given the "start a level 1 character" opportunity and it got few followers, the same would happen by scratching all the players in the game.

The "anchor" gripping a lot of people in Horizons would suddenly vanish and the many other MMORPGs around with more content, graphics, sure future etc. would suddenly become very tempting.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Very ludicrous, us Unity players mostly did not start new characters on the US servers exactly because we love our long played characters (I have something crazy like 800 days /played just on my main).

We had been given the "start a level 1 character" opportunity and it got few followers, the same would happen by scratching all the players in the game.

The "anchor" gripping a lot of people in Horizons would suddenly vanish and the many other MMORPGs around with more content, graphics, sure future etc. would suddenly become very tempting.
    Thats the problem here. There is no other game that comes even close to what Horizons has. So, the veiled *threats* (and I am not saying this is your meaning) but, ( I am going to go to another game because this and that suck in Horizons) (( and I am not saying that for myself)), will yield what? So, you go to another game, and another, and another, and you finally realize that hey, there really isn't a game out there that seems to have the depth that horizons has.

Yes, I play Ultima Online, but its missing something that Horizons has, the true sense and feeling of community. I play LOTRO, to me? That is missing something as well, although it does have a sense of community if your in a guild and a good one at that. It does lack something but I can't put my finger on what it is missing, unless, its quite simple, if I look at it. Neither game has building, for the comunity or for our own plots. And that alone, is what keeps me in Horizons, Community and building.

Although Plot reclaimation is really needed to free some nice locations up that are simply rotting....

Theres a long list of much more important things for Vitrium to tackle first....
    and it better be a Vista fix.....

I think the priorities are completely sensible; Unity first, presumably with plot token and possibly (pushing it here) Novian materials. Then with plenty of time for billing/subbing to be completely ironed out, plot reclamation. Sure, it'd be nice to have it tomorrow, it'd be nice to have a lot of things tomorrow, but we now know that it is going to happen, which we didn't yesterday.

There have been restart posts on other sites too. There mention was made of the world-building events, assuming that they would be available again on a fresh server. And of course they would not; that version of the game is long gone -- even one feature, Crankenspank's could not be retrieved. So it would be an enormous effort to wind back the clock so the satyr islands could be rediscovered; however, there is not the staff to do it, nor to support two versions of the game.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information