Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about "Vault Upgrades"

Default Question about "Vault Upgrades"

Is there a level requirement to get them?

Before the free upgrade goes away I decided to take our most played characters and get the upgrades done to VI and then do the free upgrade.

My wife's hatchie of 23rd level is getting the text of "you don't qualify for purchasing shares" and the link from Elsa for purchasing shares does nothing.

So ... is there a level requirement you need to be before purchasing upgrades to your vault... I didn't think there were.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Question about "Vault Upgrades"

If I remember right, it's based off of your highest level (adv/craft) and they are level restricted. Not sure of the levels though.

Update with more info:

My wife's hatchie of 23rd level is getting the text of "you don't qualify for purchasing shares" and the link from Elsa for purchasing shares does nothing. in game 60 days.

Her Saris character has been in the game 863 days, (level 15) and it won't either... same results, but my dryad character of 24 levels (in game 1261 days, btw is day 1 when dryads were released) IS allowed to upgrade.

I R confused.

edit: all of our characters are on the same email account. Her highest level character in game is 60th if it's based on account status... and she did the full upgrade to VII.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

I think the first upgrade comes from any vault keeper. Have all your toons done that one? Maybe they can't do any with Elsa until they've done that first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    I think the first upgrade comes from any vault keeper. Have all your toons done that one? Maybe they can't do any with Elsa until they've done that first one?
    We tested it with my dryad who never did a vault upgrade. It allowed me to start the upgrade process from the Chiconis Vaultkeeper.

Had her go to Chiconis and speak with the same vaultkeeper. All of the vaultkeepers tell her the same thing "You do not qualify to purchase shares, yadda yadda yadda."

Both her characters have been trying at the racial city vaultkeepers and all of them say the same thing.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you have to go to tazoon and talk to elsa...
    i did all my vault upgrades there by running between elsa and the vaultkeeper next to her....

take lots of silver
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I seem to remember a level requirement for the free upgrade they added. I think it was 30 or maybe 40 adventure.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Assuming I remember this correctly, I think it was every 10 levels for each upgrade. ie, lvl 1 for Vault I, lvl 10 for Vault II, all the way to lvl 50 for Vault V and VI (the freebie had no requirement).

Considering how things happened for Vault VII, and with recent patches, I am not sure if this is followed through to Vault VII.

Again, this is from an old recollection...not sure how accurate it is/was.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Dryad: level 24, played 1261 days, upgraded to level III so far (ran out of cash) started doing upgrades today.

Dragon: level 51, went all the way to VII this weekend

Dragon: level 53, went all the way to VII this weekend

Dragon: level 23, in game 60 days, won't give quest (from either Elsa, or any vaultkeeper)

Saris: level 21, in game 863 days, won't give quest

Yea... we have thought it might be level oriented, but to let my dryad start the upgrade process at level 24, but won't let a 23rd level dragon start hers, that's where I go HUH?

How full is the drayds vault? Is it fuller then the others?

I don't think how full the vault is matters. I've upgraded mine when it was overloaded with Novians and it upgraded ok.

The vault is pretty much empty, I kept expert formulas in it for later keeping.

I just went up to Witzel and got the "want to proceed?" link, clicked it, then asked "Information?" link for the share purchase, and then bought my share.

My wife goes up to Witzel (vaultkeeper in Chiconis), clicks "Want to proceed?" link, then the "Information" link, and gets some text about not qualifying and you should come back when you qualify, etc. etc. I don't have the exact text as I am not home, but I can get it when I do get there.

It's a shame the upgrade is disappearing

Was hoping to upgrade our mostly played characters to the max before this kicked in.

im pretty sure its tiered

Vault Upgrades are by level. Every 10 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    It's a shame the upgrade is disappearing
    .. as in we can no longer increase the storage capacity of our vaults or that the vault space will be maxed from lvl 1 and upgrades not needed ?

Not going to be good if we have to go back to cheating by consigning items just to have them dumped back into the vault that is already over full.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

The "free" upgrade is going away Mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Vault Upgrades are by level. Every 10 I believe.
    Ok, so a new hatchie dragon at 23rd level should be able to leave "Common Vault" and upgrade to level 2

Right now she has "Common Vault" and not 'Shareholder Vault' so....

Why can't she upgrade at all if it is by every 10 levels? I will be fronting my 24th level dryad some cash to see how far I can upgrade her vault tonight.

I seem to remember having a similar problem with Tokoz, but I wasn't sure at the time if it was a case of me talking to the wrong NPC or an actual bug. I was eventually able to do the quests, though, but I think it was about level 50 or so. Probably after I did the RoP and that was at 56.

Wonder if it's a hang up for dragons specifically.

That was a quick fix

She tried again... didn't work, tried talking to tazoon vaultkeeper... didn't work

Put in a Ticket, 10 minutes later.... the quest worked for her

That's good CS

and yes... the quest is based by level .... by 50th level you are allowed to go to level VII but limited every 10 levels up to 50th

Now if I onnly could only afford those last two vault upgrades !

When I returned my vault was bursting at the seams with unsold consigned building materials. I relisted last night in the hope that some will sell to give me some spending money.
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Thread Information