Thread: Bored at Work so here is a few suggestions

Default Bored at Work so here is a few suggestions

Hello all it has been about a month since I’ve been back and here is my thoughts on the state of the game. Yes it is a tad long, but I was bored at work today.

The things I love first we will start with:

Crafting- this is one of my favorite things to do so far I am doing: Essence Shaping, Alchemy, Blacksmith, Gather, the whole crafting system is done just perfect, the Alchemy class took some time getting use to it but once you get the hang of it its great. Dragon crafting is also a lot of fun you can make all your biped’s spells, to many crafts and so little time…

Plots- I love working on plots this is one thing I never had before I left so the planning of it and the building it is just one of those fun things to do.

Dragons are one of my favorite things to play, being a Hatchling bouncing along and exploring the World they have the best quest system it is really nice and very helpful, Dragons are a lot of work but are tons of fun.

Bipeds- The thing I like about Bipeds is that the class options you have for them are just so many, the ones I have tried so far are Spirits, Cleric, Nature, Monk (ok monk goes into my hated spot) I love the spells in this game the graphics are just awesome, Spirits is my favorite so far, my husband laughs at me when I was reading to him the class description, draining the life, he knew this was the class for me, I have yet to find a Warlock type (since WOW) that I have yet to enjoy, and trust me since I left this game I have played every game out their, but none can come close to as much fun as a Lock in WOW, but this Spirits class does (minus the demons). (Wonders why we cannot have pets…looks for a dragon..Oh I see a hatchling.. That would be an awesome pet.. Runs and hides). Ok what you could actually do is make a class called Dragon Riders, which at level 30 you can do a quest series like the ROP but for bipeds, you have to have skill in crafting like carpentry and cooking. The reason is you will have to build a nest to put your hatchling egg in to (give a warm bed at night) you will need to make a special pouch (which will be made threw special items that you have to find threw the quest series) to carry the egg in once you locate it threw a series of quest (like riddles) you will also have to have enough skill in cooking to feed him. So the quest series will be a bunch of riddle like questions for you to seek out your dragon egg. Once you obtain you egg you will have to put it in the nest you created and say wait 72 hours by caring for the egg and preparing for your hatchling. Once your hatchling has hatched you will need to teach it to fight by gaining it levels till it reaches a level 30, where then he will start his path on learning to fly, once he has learned that, then you must teach him how to ride with you. On the ground he will be a pet that will help you fight in battles. Now that would be so cool! Yes he will become an adult dragon not an ancient though, just so he changes in size from hatchling to a flying dragon. (Ok so one can dream, but I still think it would be so cool)(Some people want to play a dragon, some people want to be a dragon rider this would give both options)

The things that I do not like that need some tweaking and would love to see implemented.

The Connie needs some upgrades, they are way behind the times I need a better filtering system. Like if I want to purchase certain tech Items for a cleric class I should have a filter to let me do it not the way it is now where you have to pick threw them all. Do the Connie’s link to all the Connie’s?

I would love a mail system, now not sure how this would work in this game but being able to mail things would be so awesome!

We all know about frame rates etc that need some major tweaking.

The graphics of the water need some updating, the sounds that they make are great (I love hearing the water slap on the rocks) but the way the water looks is just not natural.

Sslanis and certain surrounding areas what is up with the terrain look? Is that grass or what is it suppose to be?

The spawning of the Mobs is about one of my biggest pet peeves and I am sure it is with a lot of folks.

More quests for Bipeds a line similar to the dragons for people like me that love questing. I like the questing that directs me to new towns to hunt in and gets me going in the right direction. I like the find such and such mob; those are my favorite they send you to find these scary mobs in the deep forest or in a deep cave down on the bottom. Now dungeons and instances I hear people talking about, but I really do not thing we need that in this game, especially because of the size of the dragons, can you imagine if we had a instance with say one or more ancient dragons? But maybe an instanced out door area might be fun.

Now this one is my biggest needed updating thing: the biped characters customization need a major over haul, my half giant looks are just plain down right bad, no expressions a blank scary look, we need realistic looking hair, with color choices and styles that do not look like a wig. So add some expressions and make them look more alive.

Cargo disk, ok I get the point of being really slow like your actually pulling something, but why do we go that slowly? The Dragons flying with one is impossible. Is their only one disk that can port? Why does it only carry one item instead of say 5? This would make getting materials to your plot or lair a lot easier, as for being charged more to port with it makes no sense either. I think this needs a re-work with some compromise in between, or maybe a bind stone at your house, instead of having to drudge all those mats? (Not really sure on those ideas, like the mail system I am not sure how it would play out in this game)

Biped houses need furniture we all agree with that, have the carpenters make us some furniture please. I love to come to my house with my friends and plop down in a chair and drink some ale, (I do not own a lair so I cannot comment on what is needed for them). Something like in EQ2, the crafting of furniture in that game is just so much fun, making chest and specialized cabinets for your wares to be sold in, the custom fire places and the funny items for your house like globes from events, or the black crow that has a hidden scare (this is the best to be put next to your crafting machines, muahahah the unsuspecting crafter), the epic quest that you do for swords and paintings to hang on your wall. Would just add more fun things to do. Now I am not saying make this game like Eq2 (that would make me cry) but just using this as an example.

The spells in this game and moves are great but I do not think they work very well, take my most hated class the monk (my hats to all you that play that class) say you have 4 moves but you use one that is suppose to be used after or before another one, but instead they all link and you end up with just one move, the timer on them is set way to high for recycling them, they just don’t feel natural and just don’t work well, now on my Dragon her moves works well and work as intended, the timers are ok, but maybe they need a faster recharge but are a whole lot better then the Bipeds ( just certain classes like the Monks, spell casters are ok like the dragons, but I think it might be just the melee class in my opinion they do not appear to be working correctly.

Ok I have talked your ears off just some random thoughts.

Default Re: Bored at Work so here is a few suggestions

In game mail would be awesome!

Just a suggestion?

Maybe if you broke your post up into several, it would make it easier for people to comment on individual ideas? And that way each topic could get it's own pros/cons?

Default Re: Bored at Work so here is a few suggestions

If bipeds can keep pets as dragons, can dragons keep bipeds as pets aswell?

Salis

Lightbulb Re: Bored at Work so here is a few suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    In game mail would be awesome!....

Actually, in-game NNTP would be even nicer, IMO. Crafters could post for-sale and work-wanted notices, adventurers could post found-this-thingie-who-wants-it messages, and everyone could advertise for work performed. All with an established protocol that's been around forever, and without having to duck out of the game.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Thread Information