View Poll Results: Would you like to see the original Ancient models come back?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 81.33%
  • No

11 14.67%
  • Other (please specify in post)

3 4.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Original Ancient Model

Default Re: Original Ancient Model

This may be rather blunt, but I'm irritated by the use of /setscale. But that argument is cold, and honestly as long as I don't see an ancient or adult dragon flying through tiny windows in front of me again, I don't really care to arrouse the issue once more.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

oh no we can beat it some more by golly!!

Actually I think the larger point is like I and others have said - its not in who "needs" or is "forced" to alter the graphics.

Its the fact that for over a year or so we saw and interacted with what was then the "given" Ancient size. It was what it was, and there was no inklin or thought that we wouldn't be able to be "that big" when we finally got to become ancient. This was what was given in game as what was to be.

Then without warning and without any actual explanation - the size was nerfed.

There remains no real explanation that can hold up to what the truth was at the time (as Malt illustrates). And no dev has even attempted to comment on it even after all this "beating" of the horse.

We care because it was a promise broken - like many? Sure. But it still remains one people feel they can sway the devs on, because its a simple fix.

The big deal isn't about the actual size - its about the principle.

(though for me yea I DO want to be giagantic - that was the whole point - and its one of the main reasons I don't bother to ascend to Ancient - as my own form of protest for the crap bonuses we were given - including size)

(and the size difference you posted was only relative to YOUR dragon's size. The dragon size slider at creation can make a big difference here between a current adult ancient dragon - the size difference before was much greater. No ancient before could have been mistaken for an adult and visa versa - which is totally possible now depending on what size you created your hatchling. I can show you screenies from straight on the horizon of an adult and ancient dragon that aren't even half a head difference)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thats true, Frith. I did create mine as the lowest settings so that picture is accurate for only the smallest size.

I understand how something that seems normal and something people work up to is suddenly taken out from underneath them with no explanation, can come as a shock. I know I personally was wondering why they changed it when they did but that was when I was more quiet and kept to myself.

Changes like these happen in every MMO, really. Sucks but, I always just assumed that when a reason isn't given, its defaulted to "fixed as intented".

Maybe VI can shed some light on this, they seem more talkative than previous companies, even if they came from Tulga. It has been quite a while since the change, I just don't think they'd have much to say regarding it. Maybe the size nerf was a company opinion and they used some of the playerbase to back their own opinions of what was "intended". Heheh.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Of course I voted yes! I would love to see the original ancient size get implemented again! This was one of the main reasons to become an Ancient. To work so hard for something and then have it taken from you after you've done what was asked of you is just plain wrong!

Too big? Why? The lag of the game, especially in battle, causes more issues for selecting than a dragon ever would, no matter the size. I haven't used the mouse to click anything but resources in AGES. Most players I hunt with have figured out that editing hotkeys is a much more efficient way of selecting targets, and they're able to be put in any position or place on your screen, and are never blocked.

Aside from that, unless the biped is a giant, it is actually MUCH easier to see with the ancient models than the adult sizes. As well, most players spend their time solo, so it shouldn't matter what the size of the dragon half way across the continent is when you're out hunting in the middle of nowhere. Chat interactions obviously don't project the ancients size.

Also, any dragon who achieves ancienthood should by that time have aquired their Kuthit form. So the issue of ancients not fitting into biped buildings shouldn't even be an issue.

If we can't get the size we've earned, then we should perhaps get something unique to separate us from the adults? Spikes or fins at the end of our tails, special markings, larger spine fins, etc.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

ooh I'd love spikes on tails - or even manes on necks and head
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information