Thread: ok why does this make me nervous?

bigswifty

Default ok why does this make me nervous?

Hi to the handful of players here.
    I am a former beta tester who left before beta ended, and once again come back to play on a free trial about half a year ago.

Today I get an invite from DB in my in box and head over to tazoon to see if the hype is something I should believe this time (sorry Dave but your assurances are hardly enough, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me)

I must say that for what ever reason tazoon was closed, the timing realy makes my concerns that much higher, When you get an invite back to a game considered broken by many, with assurances thak "it's all ok now.. honest" from the person who told you back in beta "oh all the content is there, we're just not showing you it in beta, when you buy retail it will be there...honest" enough flags go up in your mind, but to then see the ONE source for feedback from other players has been closed at the same exact moment and replaced with a ghost town forum (sure I know it will take a day or so) OMG that realy makes me nervous.

the simple point is this realy shows more of the same pattern of poor judgment, sure I understand the reasons without even reading about the cptr 11 stuff for the closure of tazoon, but it's the timing that gets me, this is the time you want your offer to rejoin and claims of improvments backed up by seeing dozens of happy guildies posting about their adventures as well as seeing what complaints still exist. this is essential IMO because Bowman has very little credibility in my book and for the moment his word needs to be backed up by something like a robust happy community.

I very well may try again, but I'm half expecting to find a dead cold server with a handfull of players, although thats not the point,realy I just want to justify the download timeat least. ok so it's free, well dog poop is free too, don't mean I want to go get me some.

how many are still playing?
    what shards are populated?
    how are the revamps?
    is there a whole new life there, or just enough to keep interests goingfor a few weeks longer then last time?
    are soloists realy happy?

Default Re: ok why does this make me nervous?

I don't have the full story on the demise of tazoon.com so I won't even go there. Post merger on the N.A.shards, both Chaos and Order (RP Shard) are populated. The one thing you won't see is a cold dead server. P

ersonally I see both the reason behind the revamps, and am enjoying the positive changes accompanying it. Although the merger is well overa month behind us, change is still rampant. That could be a good or bad thing depending upon your perspective. Plots are only just now being reauctioned, and building has begun again. Mobs are still being rebalanced and many of the undead are still out of the game currently (especially at the higher levels). While there hasn't been much in the way of new models, there are mobs of every level, and differenet types of mobs at every level. Mobs are also no longer carbon copies of each other, all belonging to the beast school. They have their own skill progressions and abilities, resistances, etcs.

Speaking as the consummate soloist, soloing is 100% feasible in this game. However it will be more difficult than it was. Not because mobs are all grouped, but because mobs are stronger in general. Combat is no longer an afk affair.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I've been playing since beta. I'm on Chaos shard since the merge. There have definitely been some bumps in the road, but I have to say I'm enjoying the new content. I like exploring too so it's fun exploring a world that's kind of familiar but not exactly. [Y]

bigswifty

well, ok then, that sounds a bit promising.
    I'm currently suffering the lamespy download process and hope to be playing in a few hours provided the gods smile down upon me.

Drachnyen

Well, I am pretty much in the same position you are. was an old beta player, never bought retail (sicne you were in beta you obviously know why) and got that email from bowman re0inviting.

all i know is that e-mail list he pluked to use was OLD, really old, old enough to dreadge up the old beta battlers.. honestly i don't see much diffrence yet, other then that gem fields are all gone pretty much. theres alota new quest stuff, and some new mobs about, but your still able to run around for hours and not com across anything but trees, and randomly disperseed plots of lands., granted iv only been wandering around the areas for about 6 hours in the game, but looking around things seem a bit more barren, and don't see a whole lot of players.. least not in the starter towns anyway.

and yes, Tazoon still seems to be a virtual ghost town on choas. I only see maybe two or 3 peopel there at most at one time. it's admitidly a bit discourging but i'll at least play out the 7 day trail before completing criticizing this game.

Things aren't gone, they're just in different places. There are alot of empty places still, especially close to kion/sslanis where the Tier 1 resources used to be. Hopefully they'll get something in the future. As for tier I gems, they're all over the volcaon/mountain south of kion. And if you want to see so many people you're comp will slow to a crawl and you CTD, visit New Rach
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Thread Information