Thread: private channel fix?

Default private channel fix?

Right now, there are 2 types of player-created channels (MP, dragon, etc don't fall into the player-created category).

The first type is a completely public channel. It's visible on the channel list, anyone can enter it, and you stay in the channel when you relog.

The second type is completely private. It's not visible on the channel list, it's invite-only, and you don't stay in the channel after a relog.

Is there any way to get a happy medium on the channels? Maybe one that's invite-only AND will let you stay in the channel after a relog? Or how about a way to keep people banned from the channel after maintenances?

Default Re: private channel fix?

This is a great idea

yes, after coming back from other game(s), this bugs me that you have to rejoin each time after logging and permissions don't persist.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

If it's easy to implement I don't see the problem. But is it really necessary? Who has private channels that MUST keep others from entering? Just ban them....

Channels seem fine to me like they are. If a private channel is invite only, and everyone logs out. Then no one would ever be able to get back in. Thats why the channel delete's itself when that happens.

It sounds more like you are asking for a permanent channel which only you control. This seems out of the pervue of we as players.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If it's easy to implement I don't see the problem. But is it really necessary? Who has private channels that MUST keep others from entering? Just ban them....
    Because it's been my experience that banned players can enter the channel again after maintenance.

Thread Information