Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: promises

Default Re: promises

I really want this merge to happen too. I've met a lot of fun people from Unity on chaos and I would love to see the chars they all put such hard work into.

The "real" them
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

When judging Vi's intentions the most important thing to remember is that they want HZ to be profitable. Right now there are only a small number of people playing the game, and it is definitely in Vi's best interest to get as many additional dedicated long-term players as possible. The people from Unity represent a large number of such players, and, as such, represent a significant amount of additional revenue.

Therefore it is only logical to assume that Rick is salivating all over himself at the prospect of having the Unity players paying him money. The only way he can have this happen is if Vi imports (at the very least) the Unity character data. So it is in his best interests, and Vi's best interests, to have the Unity characters transferred to Chaos or Order posthaste.

Hopefully this will happen before Rick drowns in his own drool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari
    a possitive communication would be to keep us posted about the progress, it would be far better then silence..
    If you think this is silence, you have no clue what silence is.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    hm yes thats very true..

although the designers -could- work on a Son of Gigaroth-sized Pumpkin Pie to welcome back us old Unity players, if they really wanted us that bad.. but ofc its just us who invested thousands or thens-of-thousands of hours of playing time who want it that bad..

thang, as the once and future cheese queen of blight, i can assure you that if vi sez they are on it, they are on it as best and fast as they are able.
    i know its hard, but try to remember that both our shards have died. one has been resurrected - is it not better to think that another can be as well?
    it all comes down to faith. if you believe in horizons, your faith will be rewarded. maybe not perfectly, but you will know its fate when that fate is complete.
    everyone on blight had invested as many hours in the game as unity. we wanted blight back as much as you want unity back. our prayers to the great and powerful illy were answered. can you not have a little more faith?

if you don't have any more faith, all your sarcasm and unconstructive criticism will not manufacture it for you.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think that part of it is probably the biggest challenge of all, the SELECTIVE copying of characters to the live shards. It's not like a character copy to Blight. Yes, the database values are similar, but they are not 100% identical across the shards. Plus, you're looking at all accounts from Unity, not just current active ones when the shard was shut down. Recall, please, that there has not been a character wipe since the last beta and the game went live. So, on the possibility ALL of those accounts could return to active even four years after the fact, that is a mountain of data. Then, add in the multiple characters per account interacting with the database for items, equipment, housing, plot size, toon data, etc. And this all has to be selectable by account to go to the CHOICE of servers of the player, not just an automatic transfer to one shard or the other.

And then people here are getting anxious because it hasn't happened yet. I can imagine just what sort of horrible disaster it would be having to do it the HARD way: character editor, create new character, put in all the settings individually one at a time. If you've ever messed around with the HCC, that's just a small parcel of the data each character has, just in created items. There's so much more that makes up what the character looks like.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information