Thread: IE7 not working - Can't connect

Default IE7 not working - Can't connect

Hi all,

I instaled horizons today and then used the Horizons login via Internet Explorer 7. I can log into my account just fine, but when i click on the Play Game button, nothing happens, IE7 seems to just lock up.

I tried to use the stand alone launcher and receive the following error:

Server did not recognise the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://horizons.istaria.com/DataAccess.hsp_Login.

Any help much appreciated please.

Default Re: IE7 not working - Can't connect

You'll need to install the ActiveX plugin on the page. There should be a small bar at the top of the screen.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

No.. he has a different issue, one that I noticed myself as well. I tried to run the game on my laptop, and I got the same problems, it seems there might be an issue with IE7 and the ActiveX control being used, or some setting being amiss. And I added *.istaria.com to my Trusted sites list too.

I used to have a problem as well.

Had to go to Internet options, security, custom level, and check the radio box for "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" to enable. (Changing them back after it loaded)

That might help. Don't forget to change it back to disable after you load the page...

Hiya;

I'll confess I got so FREAKIN' mad with IE7 I shot it like the memory-wh0re it was and restored IE6. I've never got so mad with a browser in my Life. I don't think I ever did get it to work with Horizons; "block block block block block. I think you're being hacked. Are you a hacker? I'm blocking this site, as well as this other site you've looked at for Years but *I* don't like it mudda fu****. So you think you're gonna sneak that activex control past my nose eh? Good luck."

It was an experience almost as bad as using the Symbian browser (of which the most frequent message on screen was either "Disconnected" or "Memory Full").

At least, from this post, it seems more possible to run Hz's than when I tried it. Not sure I'll be giving it another go anytime soon; perhaps when MS stop supporting IE6.

Sorry for the semi-rant.

Rakku

Sorry to bring back a very old thread, but I am having this problem too. I tried clicking the radio button as stated above but that didn't work. I actually wanted to go back to IE 6 and try that, but I honestly can't figure out how to get rid of 7 and reinstall 6. Microsoft makes it so hard to get rid of IE.

I would really like to try this game, but this is really frustrating. I have tried alot of things at this point to get it to work. I have a ticket in with support and am waiting to see if they can point me in the right direction. So far all I have back from them is that it is supposed to work with IE7 and a question as to what version of Windows I'm running (it is XP btw).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Thread Information