Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own Opoly

Smile Make Your Own Opoly

I just picked up this new project- it gives you the blank board and tools to make your own personalized Monopoly game. We've decided we're going to make our own Istariaopoly (fyi, this is personal use only - not a commerical project).

I've been pondering how to rank the communities and what kinds of Chance type cards to make. I can see "You find Blackstaff's lost flagon - get 25s reward and a free brew" for example.

I'm just curious how other people might rank the different areas of Istaria if you had to assign them in a Monopoly game. Would Tazoon be Boardwalk or Baltic Avenue ;-) and how about that Bristugo portal hub - a Utility maybe?

Default Re: Make Your Own Opoly

Somehow I almsot picture Brist being more along the lines of the FreeParking space.

Go to Tazoon. Go Directly to Tazoon. Do not pass New Trismus. Do not collect 200 silver.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Go to Tazoon. Go Directly to Tazoon. Do not pass New Trismus. Do not collect 200 silver.
    That...was awesome. Bristugo for Free Parking, and Tazoon for Jail are great ideas.

Not sure on ratings, but as far as groupings, maybe:

Vagrants Rest and Slate Crest (purple)
    Kion, Parsinia, Sslanis (light blue)
    ???
    ???
    Dikania, Grayling, Lerena (red)
    Elia, Falathien, Aiya (yellow)
    Selen Shore, Forest Guard, South Gate (green)
    ???
    Durand - Elven Warrior of the Realm of Order

Oooh! and the Newbie Isles for hte Railrodes! And maybe Dralk and Chiconis for the utilites?

Vault of Istaria and Nadia as utilities.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Penalty Card: Uh oh - you just portaled your full cargo disk back to your starting location - pay 100s to the Vault Keeper.

Penalty card - you just used the portal to stay in the same place. Miss a turn.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Tishlar and Dryart should be the Purple properties right past GO.

Luxury Tax should be replaced with "Portal Fees"

The railroads could be replaced with the mines (Augendell, Saritova, Wolf's Paw, and a 4th one with the mithril / platinum in them)

Fun idea I love it

Of course, the little pewter minitures for game pieces would be fought over.... NO I GET TO BE THE DRAGON TODAY!!! You can be the Saris (or cargo disk, armored boot, sword, resource ore, etc)

and you can buy Silos, and after 4 silos, you can place a guild house
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

So... Alla.. you gonna image this so that we can all see your final handywork?? After you finish with it of course.

Oh... When you build up your places.. perhaps you can build Silo's.. since both lairs and biped plots have them.. and when you finish it up.. you can put up a guild houses.. or Lair Halls or something.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    Hehe thats so funny....

(partly because ive done it i dunno how many times)

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Of course, the little pewter minitures for game pieces would be fought over.... NO I GET TO BE THE DRAGON TODAY!!! You can be the Saris (or cargo disk, armored boot, sword, resource ore, etc)
    SALT ROCK BONUS!!!!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    Good .... I have no clue what your talking about
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

I'd make the Satyr islands the utilities. People only go there to farm, and there is no property nearby. They exist for utility purposes only.

You found something shiny you know dragons would love for hoard. collect $500.

A dragon saw your shiny trinket. You didnt want to give it but it took it anyways. Lose $500.

You insulted the dragon for doing it. As such, you were chewed up, roasted and spit out. Who knew it was a Lunus? Go to jail, and find a healer. No passing go or collecting money, because you are close to dead.

Did that countless times.. why do Harton and Heather have to be right beside each other <.-.<

How about the East and Western Deadlands for the brown spaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania View Post
    Penalty Card: Uh oh - you just portaled your full cargo disk back to your starting location - pay 100s to the Vault Keeper.
    That is great, I can't even tell you how many times I've done that. Bad when its from Izzons Crest.

I would almost say inplace of Luxury Tax, ... Plot upgrades.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Ooo another chance card could be.... You take a trip and visit all the Towers... pay 700s
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

"The Great Novian Rush" nets you building resources. collect 100sp from each player for building on their plots.

"You lift the tail of a nearby dragon to check if they really do have gender features and are tailwhipped into a wall. Lose one turn."

"You clean the loose bags of coin out of your tents, gain 10sp"

"The Withered Aegis ransack your plot. Pay 10sp for each silo and 50sp for each guild house."
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

"You successfully pull a monster to Bristugo and get it to kill Nadia. Collect 200 silver bounty from each player."
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Thread Information