Thread: Update, update, update!

Hybrid View

Angry Update, update, update!

Unity update please!

Seriously, you get everyone's hopes up then leave us totally dangling.

What, you were hoping we'd all create new US accounts so you wouldn't have to bother with an import?

Communication with the players used to be one of the best parts of Horizons - named devs and CS reps on the forums constantly, devs and CS in game...

Now we've got one, unnamed, point of contact in customer services. Great. Oh, "Horizons_CS" is doing a great job of getting players' problems sorted, but we hear nothing about the game itself. Especially a minor issue like the entire EU player community!

Good grief, don't we even merit a quick "Run into problems - may take a while"?

You've got a IT professionals on the forum who don't understand why this is taking so long. I mean, you haven't even tried a test merge of one character to Blight - and character copies to Blight used to be routine.

I'm deliberately using the rants forum here, because I wonder if our usual polite nodding and acceptance is making the devs think we're happy to wait a bit longer. I'm sick of saying things like "we realise this is a big task" and "take the time to get it right", and all those other platitudes I've been adding to my posts, in an attempt to seem reasonable and not get moaned at by mods and other posters who can't grasp the fact that WE WANT AN UPDATE!

Antonath

Default Re: Update, update, update!

Good roard my scaled friend! Every day it takes longer my hope fades more and more to see my dragon again. And hey there are many other mmos out there why bother about this then? I myself dont know why I'm still here and lurking around. It seems they simply dont care about us. If it's not possible to transfer us then say it so, then i dont need to look everyday here to see if we get an update on the transfer status.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Seconded by me!!

I must say I do smell a rat, and it's growing by the day, has Vitrium branded on its rump and it's feeding on my sub.

It was most certainly better when individual devs posted here, and not the impersonal Horizons_CS. There must be a way for that to be remedied??

As for what is going on... please just say something, even if it's bad. I used to work on software, and I know what bad is and can appreciate it. Not knowing anything is just pants, frankly. I'd even go as far as to call it p*ss poor...

I'm sorry perhaps I didn't make myself clear... I said it's Pi ... VERY POOR!!

... and I reserved that term for my ex-employers customer services team who took on average 2 months to *acknowledge* a complaint let alone do anything to help.

If you're busy, fine, but for heavens sakes take 5 and say something to your european customers. You have a lot of players who have not returned (yet) awaiting news on this, and a lot of income riding on your response. Don't f*** it up.

Cheers;

Rakku

You people get very good communication compared to some other MMO communities. You know Virtrium is working on it, because they've said so before. Never mind that they aren't repeating the exact same thing every other day.

Count your blessings.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    You people get very good communication compared to some other MMO communities. You know Virtrium is working on it, because they've said so before. Never mind that they aren't repeating the exact same thing every other day.

Count your blessings.
    Oh, I know we get good communication compared to some other games.

Was I comparing this to other games?

And as for "they've said so before", how are you enjoying the brand new client we were promised, and the expansion pack they released? You know, the one they said they were going to release in the shops?

And screw "every other day", try every other month. The last thing we heard was one question in an interview in mid-September.

(Edit) - Ok, the post content from CS was october 6th.

No offence, but I'm not counting many blessings amongst that lot.

Antonath
    Last edited by Antonath; November 5th, 2007 at 05:19 PM.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17168

Thank you!

That's all we've been asking for.

We are not forgotten and ignored!

Antonath

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Oh, I know we get good communication compared to some other games.

Was I comparing this to other games?

And as for "they've said so before", how are you enjoying the brand new client we were promised, and the expansion pack they released? You know, the one they said they were going to release in the shops?

And screw "every other day", try every other month. The last thing we heard was one question in an interview in mid-September.

No offence, but I'm not counting many blessings amongst that lot.

Antonath
    You're looking at the wrong lot.

- The game is alive, and for a niche game, thriving.
    - Virtrium is a very good company, relatively.
    --- Virtrium has stated and demonstrated a commitment to fostering and developing the game's strengths, rather than taking the idiotic route of trying to turn it into something it isn't for the sake of appealing to a different, already-overflowing market.
    --- Virtrium communicates, not only via forums, but via email. Their communications are sincere and, in the case of their roleplayish update-announcement emails, pleasantly surprising.
    --- Virtrium isn't EI Interactive, Sony Online Entertainment, Gameforge, or any of several other bad examples.
    --- Virtrium has demonstrated care for their game's community in a number of ways, including but not limited to providing instructions for how people monetarily cheated by EII can seek recourse, apologising for downtime and other issues, providing support via tickets, seeking and listening to our feedback on the billing system, etc.
    --- Considering how small Virtrium is, they're managing to accomplish a lot:
    - Several patches have been tested and pushed to live. Granted, there have been some bugs, but--OMG!--Virtrium made effort to fix them. Consider the complexity of MMOs in general, and the age of Horizons' code in particular.
    - Blight was reopened.
    - There has been a live event, the Fall Festival + Hammer's Rest.
    - New content, both general and attached to the aforementioned live event.
    - A sound billing system.

Besides, in regard to MMOGs, old promises should never be clung to, dredged up, or paid mind to.

EDIT: Haha, see...another item to add to the "Virtrium cares" point.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    You're looking at the wrong lot.

- The game is alive, and for a niche game, thriving.
    - Virtrium is a very good company, relatively.
    --- Virtrium has stated and demonstrated a commitment to fostering and developing the game's strengths, rather than taking the idiotic route of trying to turn it into something it isn't for the sake of appealing to a different, already-overflowing market.
    --- Virtrium communicates, not only via forums, but via email. Their communications are sincere and, in the case of their roleplayish update-announcement emails, pleasantly surprising.
    --- Virtrium isn't EI Interactive, Sony Online Entertainment, Gameforge, or any of several other bad examples.
    --- Virtrium has demonstrated care for their game's community in a number of ways, including but not limited to providing instructions for how people monetarily cheated by EII can seek recourse, apologising for downtime and other issues, providing support via tickets, seeking and listening to our feedback on the billing system, etc.
    --- Considering how small Virtrium is, they're managing to accomplish a lot:
    - Several patches have been tested and pushed to live. Granted, there have been some bugs, but--OMG!--Virtrium made effort to fix them. Consider the complexity of MMOs in general, and the age of Horizons' code in particular.
    - Blight was reopened.
    - There has been a live event, the Fall Festival + Hammer's Rest.
    - New content, both general and attached to the aforementioned live event.
    - A sound billing system.
    All perfectly valid points - Virtrium have done relative wonders in the short time since they took over. Which entirely misses the problem I and others were having - a lack of news about Unity .

Besides, in regard to MMOGs, old promises should never be clung to, dredged up, or paid mind to.
    So at what point do promises become "old"? A year? 6 months? 3?

EDIT: Haha, see...another item to add to the "Virtrium cares" point.
    Agreed, which is why I put a big "thank you" on my last post. I may be ranting and demanding things, but I'm polite when I get them

Antonath

Just a note here:

Please don't think that the announcement was in response to this, or any other, thread. It wasn't. I realized over the weekend it had been about a month since any word went out.

Rants such as this and the numerous other threads are way more likely to make someone NOT want to post than want to.

Anyone who's a parent will understand this analogy:

You tell your kids that as soon as you have enough money saved, the family will take a vacation to Disney. The kids are so excited about going to Disney that they ask every other day (or week) "do we have enough money yet?" Soon you start to get so sick of hearing the question, especially because the car broke down, the kids got sick, and the roof started leaking so you had to break into the vacation fund for repair money, that you start to wish you'd never told them you would go to Disney in the first place. You stop wanting to think about Disney at all because it's just a reminder of what you can't give but want to. It get so bad that finally one day the wrong kid asks just one more time at the wrong moment of the day, and you crack. You blurt out "We aren't going to Disney any more, ok? So stop asking." As the kid runs off crying, you realize that you didn't mean that, but now that the words are out, it's tempting to not go up and say that you're sorry you blew up, and you were still trying to get to Disney. That you just don't know how and when, and were frustrated by the repeated questions. In fact, to save yourself the questions, you don't say that. You apologize for blowing up, but don't tell them about the plan.

The developers have TOLD you that they are doing their best to provide a solution for the Unity database. Please don't turn that into a "Disney trip". Know that it's something they are working on and when it can happen, it will. Ok?

Thread Information