Thread: Was thinking about returning

Post Was thinking about returning

I've reached burnout in WoW. I had played Horizons, and leveled up a Spearman, and a Dragon character up into the 40's. How is the progress going on making Horizons compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit? Also, I run a Widescreen 19" LCD monitor in 1440x900 will Horizons run in wide screen mode?
    Have the billing issues been resolved that were around in the past? My wife, and I played Horizons for a while, and are thinking about possibly coming back.
    Thanks

Default Re: Was thinking about returning

Hz runs fine in widescreen, billing issues have been fixed, infact a whole new billing system is in place now. Not sure about vista tho.

Quote Originally Posted by CaRn View Post
    Also, I run a Widescreen 19" LCD monitor in 1440x900 will Horizons run in wide screen mode?
    yup it does, that's my config too.

I run Horizons on XP Pro x64 and it runs just fine. Vista still has problems though, some people can get it to run, but many others can't. I too have a widescreen and it looks fanstastic on it.
    Last edited by Ashuran; November 9th, 2007 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Because I'm absentminded...

I wouldn't be expecting anywhere near the content you are used to in WoW.

Horizons is a what you make of it game. There isn't much content and most of whats in the game is grind based more so than any WoW rep grind. But if you like a good sandbox game than HZ may fit that bill.

Either way $14.95 for 30 days isn't a large risk. you could always give the free trial a whirl as well before committing.

On the contrary, this game has content it's just different content.

The crafting system here is very complex. Wow you click a button and the item is made.

Player housing- being able to build you own lair/plot is non-existant in Wow. Every MMO has it's perks. Alot of them are universal, but it's all based on what you like to do.

Actually I have to agree with Tryagain. There is much more adventure content in WoW than in HZ, and the quests are much more complex in WoW. If you say otherwise, its my opinion that you played and left the game before experiencing the "good stuff". But I also agree that HZ is a "make your own quest" game. I like the crafting system much better in HZ though, and building construction and playable dragons to my knowledge can be found no where else.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Thread Information