Thread: I'm a bit concerned, what have I done

IndigoStar

Default I'm a bit concerned, what have I done

Well I have been wondering about Horizons for a few weeks, got the email and figured, what the hell, I'll sign up and see how things are going. (been about 9 months since I played).

So I go and sign up, and what do I see.

I can't log into my characters, the servers are offline. That was yesterday, now why they would send out emails asking folks to come back and not have the servers up is confusing. Oh well I figure, I will try again tomorrow.

So I login and see the servers are still offline. hmm no announcement, then I figure, well maybe the website is out of synch so I try and log on, but when I enter the name/passwd at the second screen, the button for logging in isn't active (which I assume means the servers really are done).

not really the best first impression for new folks coming back is it?

Indi

Default Re: I'm a bit concerned, what have I done

IndigoStar,

You are using Internet Explorer? Is the play button grayed out? do the shards show up as "under maintenance"?

If you can PM me your account I'll be happy to look into it further.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Drachnyen

have you tried actaully logging on? or are you just going by the shard status thing on the right?. because the shard status isn't worjking. it'll say a shard is offline, but its really not. last night chaos was down for an hour or so, but went back up. and all day today chaos has been up

The Shard status section of the login page has been broken for awhile. Dunno why that hasn't been fixed yet. If the Play button appears next to your character name the shard is up and you should be able to login. If it says Maintenance, the servers are temp down for maintenance. Does your char have the Play button active next to it on the main account screen?
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

IndigoStar

Thanks for the replies,

Turns out a combination of things, the status is wrong... and I had switched to firefox as my browser awhile back, on a whim I tried IE and got a request to install a control then I was able to push the login button and have things work.

As a note for others FireFox (mozilla) seemed to not work for the final login stage.

My apologies for my doom and gloom, and again thanks for the quick replies!

Indi

bigswifty

I expect firefox and opera do not work for exactily the same reason why they are safer then exploder.
    no activx controls

the login button is likely an activx object.

note to the site devs, microsoft has been hosing the world with shoddy software that makes a hacker/cracker/infectors job 500 times easier, that is why MS rel'd a patch to disable axtivx on demand, this is also why thousands have (many from the advise of their ISP's) switched to the new breed of browsers. no matter what ol' bill tells you, it is not infact a microsoft world out there (We won't even go into my misgivings about net framework and it's exploitability)

and relying on those mooks will burn yousooner or laterguys, and from the looks of it, the wheels will fall off if you hit too many more potholes in the road.

Thread Information