Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Default Re: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Quick update to match the MOD with the new emotes files from Blight (client v383.21.4). Please note that the emotes pack doesn't contain the animation files. This means you will still have to patch on Blight to see the new animations. If you don't do this, you will have the new emotes in the emotes list, but no animation will be played when you will use the new emotes.

This update is more for the early users of the Blight client. To players who prefer to wait until it's patched on Live Shards, I will suggest to stick to the v2.1.2 of our MOD; it is still available here.

v2.2 (November 29, 2009)
    ===================

- updated the MOD with v383.21.4 client official files which add 6 new Dragon emotes [Firebrand]
    The reasons are listed here. /bow and /yawn are part of the Blight client emotes.
    Live players who use Live client should stick to the v2.1.2.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO LIVE SHARD PLAYERS

With latest client patch on Live Shards, some new official emotes have been brought from Blight. This also makes the 2.1.2 version of our MOD outdated and incompatible with current official files (this breakes interactions with non-MOD users).
    Thus, the v2.1.2 is not available for download anymore and won't be supported longer.

TO ALL MOD USERS, PLEASE UPDATE TO V2.2 IF NOT ALREADY DONE! You can download it at the usual webpage here.
    Of course, the v2.2 supports the new emotes.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

ok, I downloaded the emote back. however I cannot patch to blight. I get a transport error every time. whether I clear out my world cach folder or not, it doesn`t matter. but when I look in my resoarces folder, the new emotes are there. I see bow, deepbow, and yawn. but they do not work in game. Am I doing something wronge?

Look there: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...75&postcount=4

If other players have problems with the new version, feel free to report.

Not fully related to this MOD, but I just want to let you know I have added an description in english to every Istaria MOD I host on my website:
    => http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ategorie&cat=3

I also wrote a little guide in english to help you to find out how to download on this website: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...rticle&artid=8

I hope this will help.

It has been nearly a year since the last update. The project isn't dead or abandoned, but just on hold until I find new ideas, get new animations or sounds to work with. Until then, I will only focus on bugfixes; if you find one, don't hesitate to report it!

As you can guess, this update has no major change and only fixes a bug:

v2.2.1 (October 25, 2010)
    ====================

- /finishingmove for Khutit is now properly associated to a sound (just a typo!) [Firebrand]

Files are available on this website. This is a permanent link: if the MOD is updated, the link will always have the latest version:

=> http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=45

Go to the bottom of the page then click on "Télécharger ce fichier" (that means "Download this file") button.

A pop up will be displayed:
    - "Lien 1" will lead you to the version with installer and will start automatically if you don't select any link.
    - "Lien 2" will lead you to the version without installer.

Can we make suggestions as well as report bugs? I found some sounds that I think might work better in place of some of your current ones, if you're interested.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Sure, you can make suggestions.

Well, I found some sounds that I thought (with a little editing) might make okay substitutions for some of your current ones. I've tested a few myself and the one I found for "swat" I think works perfectly without any alterations at all. But that's just my opinion.

I'm just not exactly sure how to upload them.

Admittedly, I can't find the site I downloaded these sounds from anymore. Must have erased it from my history or something. =\

If it's not too much to ask, do you have an e-mail account or something that I could send a message to and attatch a zipped file with the sounds?

Have you tried websites like this one to upload?
    => http://www.zshare.net/

Geneous! I've always wanted a website just for hosting uploads. Many thanks.

Alright, so here it is: http://www.zshare.net/download/82419160086f3d8a/

Now, it's only a pack of rough sound effects, but, with a few touch-ups, I believe could very effectively replace some of your other sounds. I don't really have any sound-editing software unfortunately, so, if it isn't too much trouble, I'll leave that part up to you.

I've re-named one of the files to match your current "swat" sound effect for the hatchling and I've found it's already a really good fit for the execution time of the "swat/tailslap" animations.

The "three_swooshes" file is a series of three progressively longer/deeper sounding 'swooshes' through the air. Polishing them, I think could make good replacements for the adult and ancient dragons' swats.

The "shake" suggestions are two-fold. One of a drier-sounding shake and two wet-sounding shakes. However, they're all horribly unpolished. One sounds like a can of soda is being opened, while the other two go on for far too long. Sorry if it's too much trouble.

My suggestion for emote types would be almost purely aesthetic in terms of the sound they make, which is why I've provided both 'wetter' and 'drier' versions of the shake. Maybe something like a "/shake" and "/shakewet", much like the "/rockout" and "/rockoutindralk" emotes that only really change the descriptions. Instead of "You shake the dirt out of your scales", maybe it could say something along the lines of "You shake the water off your scales." Just a thought. Ignore it at your leisure.

Hope you find some of these useful and, if not, thanks for at least giving me your consideration.

Thanks for your input. I will take some time to listen to this.

I've been using this mod for awhile and its completely awesome, but I noticed that when dragon characters die it does the death bell thing, but the dragons don't actually make a sound like they do when un-modded. The death bell triggers for enemy dragon mobs as well, and I was curious if there was a way to fix it or why that happens. Obviously not something of significant importance lol, but I figured I'd ask.

First, thanks for using it.
    The death bell in the MOD was an addition of an old feature which was removed a long time ago (you could hear it for all characters in the early days of Horizons).
    My guess is these monsters share the characters' files for graphics and animations (less work for devs). Then, if you modify something for the characters, the monsters are also altered.
    I think this happens for undead Dryads as well if I remember well.

ah, that makes sense. how come the normal death sound doesnt happen with it, or does the death bell replace it?

Do you mean the body fall sound? It is supposed to be played at the same time. If not, I will have a look.

without the mod, the dragons make a screech or something when they die, with it they no longer make that sound.

I have checked with Ancient and Hatchling Dragons (I don't have an Adult) and I have 3 sounds at death: first death bell, then death rattle and the last is body fall. It is what is intended.
    Adult Dragon is set the same way, so it should give the same result.
    Without the MOD, I just miss the death bell.

So far, I can't see/hear any problem.

Can you precise which kind of Dragon you have?
    Have you mixed various sound MODs?

hmmm. would other mods conflict with it? for me, only the death bell and body fall sounds are triggered.

Thread Information