Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Order become stuffy?

Default Re: Has Order become stuffy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    There is a roleplay channel that is created by the game - obviously it is for RP. (and on Order its usually dead...*cough*)

Doing my best to change that Frith. Unfortunantly, only a few of the people in there actually RP, most choose to watch. I made an OOC channel to set things up, but once again, very few people say anything there. I highly encourage anybody to jump into the RP channel and just RP a bit. It's quite fun, and by no means must RP be in the same place at all times.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

Marketplace is not RP.
    My understanding is that marketplace is supposed to be RP; of the bot channels it was only general and new player that were to allow OOC freely, to allow for questions that are difficult to answer IC (e.g, "How do I set up a hotkey for taking screenshots?"). The whole point of an RP server is that interactions, when public or when local, are supposed to be IC.

Hard for some to stay IC when it is not enforced, though. I'm one of those that tries to remind folks to "keep it in Istaria" when marketplace goes blatantly to OOC. Hope I don't drive too many folks nuts... but then they'd be more like me ;-)
    Last edited by awdz; November 27th, 2007 at 11:44 AM.

I can disagree with that to an extent.... no one is expected to be IC all the time and well, when you need new scales or food or something to that effect and you advertise a need... I can see me dropping my Lunus character to do business.

Especially when it's something I need for my helian and a biped answers the call. Until they give us a /logout command, there are times when it's just plain easier to drop the RP tag in market rather then go through the hassel of a 10 minute character switch.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    My understanding is that marketplace is supposed to be RP; of the bot channels it was only general and new player that were to allow OOC freely, to allow for questions that are difficult to answer IC (e.g, "How do I set up a hotkey for taking screenshots?"). The whole point of an RP server is that interactions, when public or when local, are supposed to be IC.
    Yes. https://horizons.istaria.com/horizon...olePlaying.pdf
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I think the RPers should populate that RP channel, I know I'm going to be in it with my new character to roleplay her storyline more, but nobody else is going to be in it, which is why I just use Dragon channel to roleplay in. The thing is though, its hard to enter a channel like "Roleplay" that has no setting attached to it. I don't know where my character is at, what kind of environment is around and if people would actually RP walking into the area to be able to interact with. I'm heavy on the roleplay and haven't found any roleplay yet. Like a continuity as of late. Silver Dawn has a nice roleplay channel thats populated, but I forget its settings and junk.

Roleplay should be easy to find on Order.
    __________________________________________________ __________

In answer to my own question, I went looking for some basic rules as I was totally ignorant in the ways of RP.

Here are a few links that I have found helpful; perhaps directing players here instead of to Chaos may be a better answer?

Roleplaying guide

Guide to role playing games

A Newbie's Guide to: Role Playing

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    Here are a few links that I have found helpful; perhaps directing players here instead of to Chaos may be a better answer?

Roleplaying guide

Guide to role playing games

A Newbie's Guide to: Role Playing
    Good point.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information