Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion for Client 382 Release

Default Discussion for Client 382 Release

Thread for discussing any final issues with the Blight client

Default Re: Discussion for Client 382 Release

It would be helpful to know what the changes are, what areas in the world would show a noticeable difference, etc. What is the goal of the new client? Expected increase/decrease in FPS? Should the changes be more noticeable on older machines with low end graphics cards or no difference? What difference should be seen on a machine with 512K of memory versus a machine with 2 gig of memory?

Is there an internal test plan that would help point us in the right direction to help find or uncover any issues? Without anything more about what we should be looking at/for, your basically asking us to break a piƱata with a straw in the middle of a 5 acre field with no idea where in the field to even start swinging.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I love the new terrain client! Things move so much smoother on Blight; I can even run around Tazoon with only minor hiccupping! (Currently on live it's quite laggy.) I for one am very excited about this. No complaints here!

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Does it work on Vista?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I passed yesturday and noted that when I fly I still see some ugly black line on the ground at the horizon... For the lag it seems about the same to me but hard to test efficiantly whitout a hunting group or big town whit alot of scafolding.

I'm testing the new client on the live shards (using a batch file to log in).
    I want to know if the testing is as valuable as if I tested it on Blight.

While I was on blight I found that I kept crashing when attempting to port or recall. This happened about 3 times with no error message, the client simply died.

Also Feladan was incredibly laggy (down to 6 fps), on the normal shards I don't lag in feladen (around 16-20 fps)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I found the fps to be pretty low. I mean... Well, it is a low powered laptop with integrated graphics, so that's expected.

There used to be a problem with a black grid appearing on the lower level detail terrain, which would show up when your view distance was cranked up past the switch threshold. I could get it to happen consistently with the view distance set at 850m and the graphics settings set to maximum.

I assume this is one of the bugs that got fixed. Those of you with hardware capable of handling it are welcome to verify.

----

While not dealing with terrain, I did find something interesting out about the music.

Cyyrrixx of Blight didn't lose music after porting to and from Dralk. The sound card being used was an ancient Yamaha AC-XG. Can someone else with a similar, non-3D sound card see if they are unaffected as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    While I was on blight I found that I kept crashing when attempting to port or recall. This happened about 3 times with no error message, the client simply died.
    I had a lot of problems with this. Attempting to avoid this, I bound in Heather, but now I can't even log into blight on Kitae. The loading screen will reach 'receiving location in Istaria' then simply stop and go no further, or the connection would die completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post

Also Feladan was incredibly laggy (down to 6 fps), on the normal shards I don't lag in feladen (around 16-20 fps)
    SO I'M NOT INSANE D:
    happened to me many times. Always after porting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    I had a lot of problems with this. Attempting to avoid this, I bound in Heather, but now I can't even log into blight on Kitae. The loading screen will reach 'receiving location in Istaria' then simply stop and go no further, or the connection would die completely.
    I had this problem too. there are two solutions :

1) recall from the web page. The problem seems to be related to the location where you crashed. (was pretty annoying for me, since that location was at my lair... I couldn't go there without crashing)
    2) patch with the live client, use a batch file to log in blight, move away, the repatch with blight client.
    Last edited by Zexoin; December 7th, 2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: quote ?

I been having issue whit porting on the live shard lathely, takes often 4-5 min to port to a place that I already ported but on blight it takes me a good 7-8min. I have time to go do some cleaning and come back!

Just went wandering round for some flights in different places. Everything set the same way I play on Order (other than I need to do a new copy to get closer to my current char heh)

Logged in in Mahag, near the pad. About half the FPS I normally get from live (8 on Blight, I average ~18 to 20 bout everywhere on Order) Got into the air and flew round a bit. Things seemed to flow smoothly, then decided to fly toward the Sorcery tower. I was getting large chunks of water/small islands missing/not loaded, then, oddly enough, the furthest thing away from me loaded, then it moved closer to me in an obvious square grid pattern. It did this multiple times as I was flying there (would get a big section loaded, then would keep flying, have another blank chunk apear in view, then the square pieces loading towards me). When I made it to Isle of Winds, I noticed there were no winds. I stopped to see what was happening. A few things in the distance started loading, then the winds finally started, then the rest of the terrain in the distance (like the tower) finally loaded. Flew to the Tower, then to the top and ported to Valley of Repose.

Valley looked good. Nice and crisp terrain, flowed nicely, still at the 8FPS, but I've never had HUGE FPS numbers, so don't know what the difference should look like. heh Ported from there to Dralk.

Landed in Dralk and stood there for a bit, waiting for the lag to catch up. The entire time I was there I wandered from 2.3 FPS to 5 FPS. Was REALLY laggy and unresponsive. The spinning rocks were jumpy, lots of studdering while moving/flying around. Ported from there to Abandoned Isle.

Abandoned looked good like Repose. FPS up at 8 again, crisp, smooth. Went to Fel next to see.

Feladan, almost no lag. Moveing round, was from 6 to 8 FPS a couple little studders, but not that bad. Back to Abandoned to go to Chiconis.

Chiconis wasn't as bad as Dralk, but never did better than 6 FPS flying round. Not as laggy/studdery but not as smooth as anywhere else. (Was really wierd flying into my lair, and not seeing anything there. heh)

Not sure how helpful this is, but... is my 2 cp worth.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    I had this problem too. there are two solutions :

1) recall from the web page. The problem seems to be related to the location where you crashed. (was pretty annoying for me, since that location was at my lair... I couldn't go there without crashing)
    2) patch with the live client, use a batch file to log in blight, move away, the repatch with blight client.
    Well, #1 won't work, since it crashed in Heather, and I'm bound in Heather. :B

And #2 is giving me no rest to the trouble either. In fact, it won't even reach it's usual stall point before losing connection.

I've got a few other ideas to try out yet, so hope's not lost. ;D

Have you submitted a ticket asking them to move your toon to a different city? I am pretty sure they can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Have you submitted a ticket asking them to move your toon to a different city? I am pretty sure they can do that.
    No, not yet. I've got a few things I want to try before submitting a ticket, but if it comes down to that, I will. :3 Thanks Deth.

I rebuilt my xp system on a spare hard drive. Did a fresh install of Horizons. When to try the blight client and could log in fine. But as soon as I tried to port to Chiconis on 2 dirrent Toons I now crash to desktop. With a can not read memory error. I normaly can not see it as it is behind the active window and I can not tab back to it or any thing. I did not copy it the one time I saw it as I ddi not know it was a reacurring problem.

I tried the recall button and that did not help.

I can't say I noticed a difference on my biped. What exactly was supposed to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I rebuilt my xp system on a spare hard drive. Did a fresh install of Horizons. When to try the blight client and could log in fine. But as soon as I tried to port to Chiconis on 2 dirrent Toons I now crash to desktop. With a can not read memory error. I normaly can not see it as it is behind the active window and I can not tab back to it or any thing. I did not copy it the one time I saw it as I ddi not know it was a reacurring problem.

I tried the recall button and that did not help.
    I had the same sort of crash, but twice it occurred as soon as I logged in, before I could do anything.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I did crash on the way from New Rachival to Feladan while it was loading.

I was able to get back in later with one of my toons. Have not tried the other.

Thread Information