Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Half of Istaria

Default Eastern Half of Istaria

I recall seeing a map long ago, which showed a vast blocked off land (East of the Eastern Deadlands). Are there any plans to ever free/unlock the eastern half of Istaria?
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Default Re: Eastern Half of Istaria

Didn't you know.... that's the "Happy hunting grounds" or "Nirvana" or "Heaven"

It would have been better if they just made a beach there instead and made that the end of the continent of Aradoth, as you can see, other "island masses" can be travelled to with gates, so could a new continent.

It does look kind of weird though, seeing the edge of the world, knowing the world was flat, and you could fall forever if you walked off of it (until auto recall kicked in)

I would hope they populate the present land with mobs / resources

Then think about opening up the "far east" (it's probably where the Vielo live)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Then think about opening up the "far east" (it's probably where the Vielo live)
    That was the original home of the Dryads, Elves, and Satyr (they worshipped the Dryads I think). Long ago the Elves moved away. The Withered Aegis then came and began overrunning all of Eastern Aradoth. The Dryads "hid" their city .. . somewhere... and the Satyrs were enslaved. So all of EA should be WA territory right now.

At least if I remember my lore correctly that's what happened.

If I recall, there's also the old human city somewhere out there, and the other two races, Orcs and errr Welgars I think.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Orcs, Welgers and Jarl are all non-canon. Part of the early stuff that was not finalized, was never officially released, and has since been discarded.

Eastern Aradoth may one day be released, but there is much to do on Western Aradoth and Trandalar still.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

intersting to hear, I must have totally missed that .. I was way to busy to admire my tiny hatchling during beta to actually look around myself.

I remember when a few hatchlings put up a fight over who had grown the most and hence is first to fly we were all so clueless. Happy memories anyway though

Figures hehehe. I would rather the current landmasses be populated. If they did end up opening the eastern lands, it'd be even more unpopulated lands.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I'd completely forgotten about the Jarl; I never thought Orcs had any place in Istaria, and I'm glad they've been officially shot from the canon.

Welgers though; it was my understanding that it was their skeletons(?), or transmogrified bodies (?) that form the framework of the catapults on the battlefields. I do understand that those are siege machines, and not cannon, but still...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Curious - why do you think orcs have no place in Istaria? They are a fantasy race, and Horizons is a fantasy based game.

Is it because they are typically posed as an "evil" race?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

*bumps in*

BOOYA!!!

*bumps out*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

that lil island to the south west looks like a run over scorpion.

AI is missing on that map. What's the litle island on the right-botom corner ? Barasavian Desert is missing too

Might be why it is called scorpion island. If you have never been there head out to the tail for a little surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    AI is missing on that map. What's the litle island on the right-botom corner ?
    Maybe the old tutorial island?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

WOW that's cool! So, what caused Trandalaar to become an ice continent?

Ooohhh no blight lands! and the edge of the world isn't on land *squee* Now I really want to explore the eastern half of that continent even if it is blighted...

So, what caused Trandalaar to become an ice continent?
    Volcanic Eruption

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon....not that I want to challange your devness but well..it can't be helped. Jarl might not be cannon lore, but it WAS released in game. I remember doing that trials of the gifted quest way back when and one of the NPCs mentions it. I do not know if this is still the case but if it's not cannon perhaps it should be removed from the quest?
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Seeing that island in the lower right corner made me think of the newbi island(s) If you ever leave your cargo disk on NT and then port to anywhere on the mainland it'll show up as being east. I seem to recall it being almost due east of the northern edge of Draak tho rather than further south. Id love to see the eastern continent tho I do agree that I'd rather see improvements to the western half first.

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    Curious - why do you think orcs have no place in Istaria? They are a fantasy race, and Horizons is a fantasy based game.

Is it because they are typically posed as an "evil" race?
    IMHO Orcs don't belong in Hz because they are so specific in their origination in Tolkien's work. AFAIK, they never appeared in fantasy lore before JRRT.

One of the things I like about Hz is that the critters and baddies are either typical mundane (wolves, beetles) or quite imaginative. (Mylocs, AoPain, Vexators, Blights, and to a lesser degree Marrows and Kwellen.) Or whimsical; (The whole Bitter Pickle, Champagne Bubbles.) Minimal borrowing from other games/fantasy worlds, maximum innovation.

When we were very young and believed, we (I, anyway) had great hopes for a massive campaign that would force the Wedge, and open up the vast Eastern Lands, with new races, evils, opulent treasure, and unique landscape. Alas and alack, (especially a lack of resources after multiple layoffs) such was not to be.
    Last edited by Kulamata; January 9th, 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Gesture towards staying on topic.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Amon....not that I want to challange your devness but well..it can't be helped. Jarl might not be cannon lore, but it WAS released in game. I remember doing that trials of the gifted quest way back when and one of the NPCs mentions it. I do not know if this is still the case but if it's not cannon perhaps it should be removed from the quest?
    You will find no references to Jarl in the game that I am aware of.

Thread Information